The Reviews

You're absolutely right. What's the point in arguing with a bunch of blind fanboys? You've brought me back to reality. People(being you) are idiots, and will believe whatever they want to believe. No matter the evidince that slaps them in the face repeatedly. Go ahead, punish yourself and waste your time. I'm outta here.

You've not played it though. And the "evidince" is hard to sift through, as the review scores are all over the place, so it's dubious as to this game being the worst ever or total crap.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"LOL i am not a fan boy maybe you are a Bioware fan or Bethesda fan...the fact is that i love Bioware / Bethesda RPG's but that doesn't make a blind idiot to not enjoy another RPG made for other devs. "

Your comment doesn't make sense. You accuse him of being a BIO or BETH fanboy 'cause he bashes an Obsidian game then claim that you yourself love BIO/BETH yet enjoy Obsidian games. That's a rather poor accusation as it's illogical. The fact he may be a fan of BIO/BETH is irrelevant as your existence proves.

For the record, I am a BIo fan, a Beth hater yet I like Obsidian just fine.

did you read the maybe word ? stop trying to be a genius ...the fact is that the majority of gamers that are bashing the AP ; are like you Bioware hard to die fans that are really blind idiots to appreciate other RPG that are not made by yours RPG's god.

BTW, The quote function in the forum work great.

Edited by Alpha

"disagree, the witcher was epic!"

No. No, it was horrible.

"the fact is that the majority of gamers that are bashing the AP ; are like you Bioware hard to die fans that are really blind idiots to appreciate other RPG that are not made by yours RPG's god."

I haven't bashed or praised AP, actyually. I said it ripped off ie. looks a lot like ME . 8shrug*

For the record, I like quite a few non BIO RPgs including Obsidian's own NWN2 and KOTOR2. Go figure. Don't be ignorant.

"BTW, The quote function in the forum work great."

I use quotation marks when quoting others.. just as we all were taught to do in school.

Deganidwa: I don't believe cowards who don't have the guys to share their name when bashing something.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

We're here to discuss the game and its reviews - please remember that directly insulting another community member is against forum guidelines. I'm going to clean up some recent posts that I feel break this rule, and I hope we can keep the tone more constructive from now on. o:)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

... Seems like my suspicions about bad management have been confirmed.

Great to hear that at least the other projects will come out well, bad to see that Avellone's writing has been a bit wasted on this unpolished (going by the reviews and comments) game.

Still, I'll give a more appropriate judgment when I finally play the game, hope I still can have a lot of fun even with all the flaws (then again, considering I had a lot of fun with Vampire : Bloodlines it's a good possibility).

People are believing some random anonymous posting on the internet ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nothing really meaningful was influenced by your decisions. Regardless of choice, the plot ended the same. Minor things like the Council and all that also proved to be, well minor, since really. It's like they weren't even around in the second game regardless if you chose to one option over the other. Stuff like that yeah.

"LOL i am not a fan boy maybe you are a Bioware fan or Bethesda fan...the fact is that i love Bioware / Bethesda RPG's but that doesn't make a blind idiot to not enjoy another RPG made for other devs. "

Your comment doesn't make sense. You accuse him of being a BIO or BETH fanboy 'cause he bashes an Obsidian game then claim that you yourself love BIO/BETH yet enjoy Obsidian games. That's a rather poor accusation as it's illogical. The fact he may be a fan of BIO/BETH is irrelevant as your existence proves.

For the record, I am a BIo fan, a Beth hater yet I like Obsidian just fine.

did you read the maybe word ? stop trying to be a genius ...the fact is that the majority of gamers that are bashing the AP ; are like you Bioware hard to die fans that are really blind idiots to appreciate other RPG that are not made by yours RPG's god.

BTW, The quote function in the forum work great.

Wow, so just because someone enjoy's one of BW's games they're a blind idiot that can't understand the greatness of AP? No, I think the majority of people bashing the game are gamers in general who don't understand the poor presentation. (graphics, AI, animations, lack of physics, pop-in, etc.)

"Nothing really meaningful was influenced by your decisions. Regardless of choice, the plot ended the same. Minor things like the Council and all that also proved to be, well minor, since really. It's like they weren't even around in the second game regardless if you chose to one option over the other. Stuff like that yeah. "

This simply isn't true unless you are changing the definition of 'meaningful'. Lots of meaningful choices occured.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Wow, so just because someone enjoy's one of BW's games they're a blind idiot that can't understand the greatness of AP? No, I think the majority of people bashing the game are gamers in general who don't understand the poor presentation. (graphics, AI, animations, lack of physics, pop-in, etc.)

I know what i did mean and wasn't exactly what you understood.

Do you mind explain what for you is poor presentation?

Sounds pretty believable to me (at least the fact that it's a disgruntled ex-employee sounds believable).

Very believable he's disgruntled. Usually means a lot of the stuff he says is twisted accordingly too. Shame no one can find out who he/she is, heh.

also: i agree with volourns above post. combat in rpgs is often quite fun. its not fun the same way as it is in half life, but it often is fun for different reasons.
I said it's usually sub-par, meaning not up to a dedicated combat game, doesn't mean it can't still be fun. ME1 is a good example, the combat was about as broken as AP sounds to be, yet it still got great reviews for the most part.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I know what i did mean and wasn't exactly what you understood.

Do you mind explain what for you is poor presentation?

First, the graphics. I understand that graphics don't make a game, but there is something about a 2010 game being released that looks like AP that rubs me wrong. I play retro games during downtimes between games I like. So, its not like I'm a graphics whore. Also, some of the animations look downright terrible and/or silly. (the crouch walk for example) Plus, I've heard there is no physics engine. RDR, which I'm currently playing, uses the euphoria and most games at least use havok. Overall, it seems AP lacks or poorly implements many features that we now expect in full priced games.

Second, the combat. It doesn't seem like the real-time, tps elements and the number crunching flow well together. Ultimately, it looks neither like a good stealth game or a good tps. I understand this is an RPG first, stealth and shooter second, but the systems put in place look more like a pain than a joy to play. (manhole sized targeting reticules for example) Combat should be fun and rewarding whatever route they take: real-time, turn based, etc.

The only place this game seems to shine is in actual conversation and choices. It's like Heavy Rain (maybe a bad example) with terrible combat inbetween.

Finally, with RDR to finish and other games I still want to play, AP couldn't have come at a worse time. So it seems really hard to drop that $60 on AP. Which is a shame, because I really like Obs. They'll still get my dime for New Vegas and this game eventually, but I just don't feel this is a $60 product.