Can you create an entirely new face?

Maybe they used a basic Mike face for a while and decided not to switch the face they used in trailers so no one got confused.

So? Shepard has a canon face but there is still the option to create your own. I'm not asking for much, just some textures that don't make beards look so fake.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Maybe they used a basic Mike face for a while and decided not to switch the face they used in trailers so no one got confused.

So? Shepard has a canon face but there is still the option to create your own. I'm not asking for much, just some textures that don't make beards look so fake.

That's what I meant - they just stuck with that face for ads but maybe we can change it a lot more in game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You won't be able to change Mike's facial features. You can, however, change hairstyle, beardstyle and skin tan.

How are you sure about this?

Although I guess this is fine.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I thought they mentioned they had the same technology as ME for generating faces, so we could change the nose/etc...

I thought they mentioned they had the same technology as ME for generating faces, so we could change the nose/etc...

Maybe they were talking about another project? Every preview and interview etc.. I've seen about Alpha Protocol mentioned the fact that you can't change Thorton's face... :ermm:

Either that or it was a feature they scrapped.

Now I really gotta ask what they were doing all these months, if you can't even change Thorton's face.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I heard you can make minor differences to his face. This may include some stuff like nose shape and other structural appearances, but the base face is the same.

Now I really gotta ask what they were doing all these months, if you can't even change Thorton's face.

I don't believe they said "Hey we're gonna make it so you can change his face during the delay" so I'm not sure where the foundation of your gripe about the time extension lies.

The game clearly looks like it has been given a healthy amount of polish between October and now, plus the addition of information GUIs such as the item comparison screen and so forth that Oner mentioned.

Well the delay from the Feb '09 launch date to Oct '09 was given over to making tweaks and improvements. They've been pretty much open about the delay from Oct to this year was Sega choosing to make a publishing decision rather then the game needing to be tweaked more. And that there hasn't really been any work done on the game since they wrapped it up for the October release...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I don't believe they said "Hey we're gonna make it so you can change his face during the delay" so I'm not sure where the foundation of your gripe about the time extension lies.

Well it's not like there weren't any gripes about Mr. Plastic prior to the delayed release either. On every message board I've been there's always several threads complaining about MT's face. They should have taken this into consideration.

he looks like a snake.

but not a solid snake.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well it's not like there weren't any gripes about Mr. Plastic prior to the delayed release either. On every message board I've been there's always several threads complaining about MT's face. They should have taken this into consideration.

Loud people are loud. I have no issues for his face, and you all make it sound like adding in some type of face morph system at the end of the project should have been no big deal.

There is no part of this game that hasn't been criticized yet. Last time I saw someone whining about the muzzle flashes of all things. Couldn't find anything worse to complain about could he? :lol:

There is no part of this game that hasn't been criticized yet. Last time I saw someone whining about the muzzle flashes of all things. Couldn't find anything worse to complain about could he? :lol:

Some people just like to complain. Being a regular at this forum, I would of thought you realized that.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Some people just like to complain. Being a regular at this forum, I would of thought you realized that.
I'm aware of this, but some people are just so super special extra pathetic that you can't help mocking them openly. :lol:

Doing balancing, tweaking the lighting, waiting for SEGA to set a new release date, according to the interviews.

You know whats a shame (spart from not being able to create a custom face of course) is that as good a company SEGA are for delivering qaulity consoles and games, there marketing tactics/timing is terrible.

Alpha Protocol could end up being one of the best games of the year, but barely anyone is going to buy it because of the release of Red Dead Redemption. Instead most are going to come across it when its on sale for

Doing balancing, tweaking the lighting, waiting for SEGA to set a new release date, according to the interviews.

You know whats a shame (spart from not being able to create a custom face of course) is that as good a company SEGA are for delivering qaulity consoles and games, there marketing tactics/timing is terrible.

Alpha Protocol could end up being one of the best games of the year, but barely anyone is going to buy it because of the release of Red Dead Redemption. Instead most are going to come across it when its on sale for

village_idiot.gif

You can't really ever release your game when there are zero big releases - I mean, those 'big releases' want to be the biggest kid on the block on their time, that's why they're spread out. It would have been Dragon Age before.

The good thing is RDR is at least very different.