Can you create an entirely new face?

Hello again chaps,

Just wondering if there is an option for complete face customization. The guy in the trailers looks about 16 years old and doesn't suit the voice given him. How much control do you have over player creation?

Agreed, but I don't know. At least you can cover it up with a beard.

me too...that is why i'll always use the crazy beards combined with hats and glasses. :x

Player creation, even if it is only the face, should be the main rule of RPG games.

We can spend hundreds of hours playing as a character who we give there own personality, having one face is a bit crazy..especially one that looks like a child.

With all the beard and glasses disguises. Our player will be more like Insepctor Clouseau than James Bond.

I really hope they can do something about this issue with DLC, as I am already hating the look of this guy.

So all this extra time and the same face :x Maybe, because is a beta this features weren't in it. But dammit I don't want a boy toy spy!

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You ain't the only one. His complexion is creepy smooth, like a baby's butt. He looks like he should be in a boy band.

If I can't get a better looking complexion for his skin, I'll just mod it in or something. I really can't stand Mike's plastic face.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You ain't the only one. His complexion is creepy smooth, like a baby's butt. He looks like he should be in a boy band.

If I can't get a better looking complexion for his skin, I'll just mod it in or something. I really can't stand Mike's plastic face.

Please share. :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Wait, I don't think this game gets mods at all. Also I have no talent in making UVmaps and textures.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Or a scar? Well, I'm sure that someone will come up with something, even ME had mods.

village_idiot.gif

Maybe we get a few simple scars.

*crosses fingers*

I would love a mod where critical hits got you scars.

That seems a little to advanced, specially since this game is not made for modding in the first place. Something like that would take a lot of programming skill and time, that would narrow it down to a few willing individuals. Most likely a scar mod customization ME style.

village_idiot.gif

I'm inclined to agree. All my attempts at creating fresh faces in face editors end up pretty horrible and I almost never stray very far from the preset faces. If there's on critique against Mike that I agree with, it's that the face looks a bit plastic-like. But I think the voice fits him just fine.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm okay with the face model, but the baby doll skin is a bother. Is it really to hard to add some pores there?

village_idiot.gif

Maybe they used a basic Mike face for a while and decided not to switch the face they used in trailers so no one got confused.

What? Face generation one of the most important parts of an RPG? Since when, Oblivion? Some of the best RPGs ever made - Baldur's Gate and Fallout for example - had nothing of the sort except choosing colors. Indeed, a game sometimes hailed as the best RPG ever, Planescape: Torment, sets you up with a completely pre-generated guy. Same goes for Deus Ex, which should be like the ideal for a game like AP.

Playing with dolls is not what makes an RPG. Smart customization of stats (numbers, skill-checks, combat) and choices&consequences in the story is what makes an RPG. As long as that is solid in AP, I don't care that I'm not able to play with my Thornton-doll.

Edited by Grunker

JC Denton had 4-5 different preset faces you could choose.

i'm jus sayin

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

JC Denton had 4-5 different preset faces you could choose.

i'm jus sayin

JC Denton's head was 16 polygons with a lowres texture on it. You can't really customize that.

Besides, he couldn't NOT look manly, unlike Mr. Plastic here.