New trailer, 'Small Worlds'

I like it.

So basically the Rome hub will be all inside archeological sites and museum? I understand the iconic appeal though I'm not sure what a superspy would be doing there. Then again, the lighting looks good and atmospheric and the architecture too, so I really can't complain.

Graphics look great, especially Taipei and Rome, they look vastly improved from the earlier builds of the game.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Probably shouldn't have used the same music as the MW2 Infamy trailer.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It was made by Hans Zimmer, who made the soundtrack for MW2. So yes, the song was made for MW2.

EDIT: I might be wrong, though. Nobody knows all that much about the song.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I like it.

So basically the Rome hub will be all inside archeological sites and museum? I understand the iconic appeal though I'm not sure what a superspy would be doing there. Then again, the lighting looks good and atmospheric and the architecture too, so I really can't complain.

Sorry, but there's a stereotype to play to. It was either that or sneaking through/having shootouts in pizza parlors :x

Did Hans Zimmer actually compose new music for MW2, or did they just use Hans Zimmer music?

He made a whole new soundtrack for the game. It's pretty freakin' epic actually, fits the game like a glove.

Wouldn't really fit with AP though. Harry Gregson Williams would have been great though. :)

I like it.

Sorry, but there's a stereotype to play to. It was either that or sneaking through/having shootouts in pizza parlors :)

It's not the stereotype that bothers me, pretty much all the locations in the game are 'iconic' instead of 'realistic', it's just that I don't know what Thorton would do there. :p

I think everyone should be aware that this can be viewed as quite spoilery depending on how sensitive to that stuff you are.

Also, a few minutes ago there were 3 more trailers up on gametrailers that were dealing with Surkov as well (a different scene where you get choices on how to deal with him, including Mike being a *real* bastard I might add) but they went away. Maybe they weren't supposed to be up yet or something.

EDIT: The trailer is a bit disjointed in how it's set up, but it gives a good view of convos and how they flow. The face on that guard looks rather crappy (probably the worst I've seen in the game so far) but Mike smooth-talking him is awesome. Great dialogue there.

Facial animation and acting on Surkov is great. Very well done there.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The title makes the video's spoilery nature pretty obvious. :ermm:

I'm not an expert on these kind of procedures but they just let him into the embassy, even offering coffee, without checking his identity just because he pretended to be a friend of Surkov? What?

Championchik was awesome.

The other 3 videos.

Brayko's pretty nice if you get friendly with him. Not counting the the drug addiction and general psycho-ness of course.

Edited by Oner

It's good to see that Mr Bulock andco did something good out of all those months (years?!?!?) he put into this game. :ermm:

I have to say that I really like Mike's voiceacting in this as well. I think he does really well in the various stances.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Hmmm anyone else worried that AP might be short / small? It seems like there is only a few missions. I'm probably wrong and I'm hoping so, but I just get the sense that there isn't much length in the game as we've seen so much of the same levels over and over.

Shorter than most RPG yes, but then again, 20-30 hours is A LOT considering the C&C they've promised.

I forgot the obligatory commentary on the Surkov's trailer : top-notch voice acting, some nice bits of gameplay, some hilariously bad facial animations unfortunately.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Hmmm anyone else worried that AP might be short / small? It seems like there is only a few missions. I'm probably wrong and I'm hoping so, but I just get the sense that there isn't much length in the game as we've seen so much of the same levels over and over.

what the deal with that? FPS are more short ? I know this game will be more long than any CoD , SC or Alan Wake game.

Seen a couple of those other Surkov videos.. a bit spoilerish, but I don't regret watching them.. I must say that Avellone & co. did a surprisingly good job with the atmosphere.. it really feels like a modern spy flick. While I can understand some will not find this a positive (I remember a couple of preview talking about stereotyped character), but for me that's pretty important.

I'm not just talking about the writing anyway, the sound department seems to be equally great.. not just voice acting, but music (or lack of it, like in the helicopter scene), sound effects, etc.

@Thorton_AP : My guess is that they've cut a good deal of the level playthrough.. probably the embassy will get attacked AFTER you've infiltrated it, going by the Thorton-Surkov dialogue.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver