Shows renewed 2010-2011 season

Flash Forward cancelled!? NOOOOOOOOO! That show was actually getting pretty good. :(

Can 24 be considered 'cancelled'? I thought that it had been planned to end for a while. Maybe not as long as Lost. Either way they will probably make a 24 movie. Loved the show but it was getting a bit too repetitive.

I'm surprised that Human Target was renewed for another season (in a good way). Kind of a fun throwback to 80s action/thriller movies. It seems like they spend a lot for stunts and effects and I had a feeling it wasn't drawing enough viewers.

Glad to see Fringe coming back as well. Other than the weak musical/story episode a few weaks ago it has been really good.

Community was the only concern for me, that is a fantastic comedy.

Sons of Tuscon was actually pretty decent, it deserved a bit more time to find an audience.

American Dad and The Cleveland Show are terrible and just cling to The Simpsons and Family Guy to survive.

I've seem a few episodes of The Simpsons, so I know those. I've heard about 24 (through Alpha Protocol of all things) and I've seen an episode of "Bones" once (which was surprisingly interesting). The rest is unknown to me. I must live in a different world or something :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've seem a few episodes of The Simpsons, so I know those. I've heard about 24 (through Alpha Protocol of all things) and I've seen an episode of "Bones" once (which was surprisingly interesting). The rest is unknown to me. I must live in a different world or something :(

Probably has to do with showing dealy or something. I'm happy burn notice was renewed but am amazed at the fact that Law and Order (which has been going for what, 22 years?) is finally being canceled.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Flash Forward cancelled!? NOOOOOOOOO! That show was actually getting pretty good. :(

I'm surprised that Human Target was renewed for another season (in a good way). Kind of a fun throwback to 80s action/thriller movies. It seems like they spend a lot for stunts and effects and I had a feeling it wasn't drawing enough viewers.

Glad to see Fringe coming back as well. Other than the weak musical/story episode a few weaks ago it has been really good.

Community was the only concern for me, that is a fantastic comedy.

I support these posts.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Not particularly surprised about FlashForward cancellation since roughly half of the season was very slow and it generally felt too convoluted and out of focus. I liked the premise and I like how the series is turning out NOW, but it's really too late.

As for Scrubs, I've stopped following it a while ago, so I don't know about the quality of the last seasons, but as long as it has a proper grand finale I'm not going to complain.

Community and 30 Rock are the funniest shows on TV right now.

Cancelled shows:

• Better Off Ted

• Scrubs

Scrubs went on one season too far, good riddance. But why the hell did they cancel Better off Ted?!?! It was friggin' genious! Was it simply too clever for the american public to enjoy?

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Scrubs went on one season too far, good riddance. But why the hell did they cancel Better off Ted?!?! It was friggin' genious! Was it simply too clever for the american public to enjoy?

Confirming my suspects pretty much. I really have to catch up with last two season though.

Add another to the Community bandwagon.

I also like Modern Family and Parks and Recreation.

I can't wait until It's Always Sunny starts back up in September!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I'm just glad Smallville is coming back for its what, tenth season? I dug up the Smallville thread, and was about to post how completely awesome the season finale was, when I realized that the thread had been dead for nearly four years.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I think I could handle these sorts of announcements with greater equanimity if the networks only made these announcements while ritually disembowelling a high ranking executive on the steps of some sort of large 'profit pyramid'.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Castle - cool, now I can continue watching for a while to see if it grows on me. Trying to watch because I love Nathan but so far it's nothing special...

Big Bang Theory - I'd die if this wasn't renewed. I love Sheldon.

2 & a Half Men - hubby loves this show so it makes him happy. I like it but the jokes are getting old...

Glee - I'd die even more. I live for this show, think it deserves at least 1 more season (not sure if it can last more than that tho). Can't wait for the Neil Patrick Harris on Tues. episode! I'm laughing already...

Human Target - tried watching, it's just not very good.

Smallville - This is still on? Used to watch now and then but not in a long time. Did he ever finally become enemies w/Lex? :thumbsup:

Don't care about anything else. Except Breaking Bad. It hasn't been as good as 1st season but I'd like to see it go at least one more to see what they do with it. (ps...oh and Mentalist...I assume they either already decided or haven't decided on that one yet...)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I never did figure out why they cancelled Sunset Strip.. only to have 30 Rock turn up 4 months later..

Hm, maybe 30 Rock tends to be more.. I'm not sure how to put it without coming across as snobbish but.. juvenile humour compared to Sunset Strip. Sunset Strip always seemed to be funny in a smart way without needing to go for the cheap laughs... and 30 Rock seems to me to be practically the same setting, just only using the cheap laughs. Not that I have anything against cheap laughs and pratfalls. I just like to have smart and witty dialogue. Maybe it's my nostalgia for that old school repartee. Ah well.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

30 Rock has some rather intelligent lines, I've always thought.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hm, maybe I gave up on it too soon. I caught the first half a dozen episodes and it just seemed like such a ..frat house version of Sunset Strip. It might have just clashed with the disapointment over that being cancelled.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Human Target - tried watching, it's just not very good.

I'm quite fond of this show personally. I thought they managed to make a pretty fun action show. Am glad its returning but apparently its getting a Friday 8 (death slot) next season (which also potentially puts the two tv series based on DC comics characters against one another, Human Target on Fox and Smallville on CW assuming CW doesn't move Smallville).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...
I saw the first episode of Spartacus: Blood and Sand last night and thought it was pretty horrible. However I've read it gets better. Any comments on this?

The first three or four episodes are meh, then it became must see tv.