Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

hand loading custom ammunition from spent shell casings at a reloading bench. .[/i]
I hope Aram appreciates this. :thumbsup:
Christ on crutches, I'm having flashes of Aram's 5,000-word manifesto on handloading back during Van Buren.

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw you were around.

Well not really, but I was surprised, yet pleased.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I personally never had a problem with the Fatman.

Ok, I'm lying, I always had problems with Fatman.

Two problems, actually:

1) Tons and tons of mini nuke, for no reason, in the Capital Wasteland.. hopefully this problem will be addressed.. granted, every weapon had this problem, but with the Fatman it just stretched the suspension of disbelief and until she were torn apart, and then raped her corpse;

2) It was unbalanced, imho. It had almost no drawbacks and since in Fallout 3 damage was only barely influenced by your skill, I could easily kill a behemoth with two shots. By the way, who decided to place the weapon in the main path of the game? Placing a couple of Fatmen in hidden locations in the game, possibly giving it one or two to the Brotherhood, would have been better, imho.

As long as the balance problems are addressed and the Fatman has real drawbacks (but it's also powerful enough with the right build) I have no problems with it.

Fatman could have been fine if there were like 5 mini-nukes in the whole game and it weighed like 200 lbs/kg whatever. As it stands, it was storage locker material, never to see the light of day.

So that's fine, I'll just keep ignoring it in NV.

First time I tried to fire the Fatman, I aimed it poorly and managed to hit a rock outcropping instead of the group I was aiming for and nuked myself.

I reloaded and shot it again and missed, probably nuking some innocent wasteland wanderer who had no idea what was going on 100 yards away.

Mini-nuke critical failures would make the silly thing worth something.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Ugh, faces still look terrible.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

super terrible.

ugly ugly bethengine faces

people think fallout 1 looks dated.... in ten years fallout 1 will look less dated to me than fallout 3...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

But they look assloads better than Oblivion and Morrowind, so it's all good.

But they look assloads better than Oblivion and Morrowind, so it's all good.

oooh burn on oblivion.

easiest burns to earn round these parts!

how can so many fugly elves live in such a pretty world....

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well, faces do look bad, but there's just so much you can do with facegen.

I felt Dragon Age had that problem too, though the facial animations were miles and miles ahead of Fallout 3 (and New Vegas).

I'd prefer if they went the Mass Effect route and if they created a couple of customized heads for plot relevant characters though.

Well, faces do look bad, but there's just so much you can do with facegen.

I felt Dragon Age had that problem too, though the facial animations were miles and miles ahead of Fallout 3 (and New Vegas).

I'd prefer if they went the Mass Effect route and if they created a couple of customized heads for plot relevant characters though.

Once I've played a game for a while, even the weirdest looking faces kinda normalize and I stop noticing them.

Except for Oblivion, of course; the faces in that game were non-stop visual trauma.

in the gameplay video, you can see a "VAL" tag in the weapon description page. Does that mean bartering values are fixed for all merchants? I thought reputation would have an effect with prices. Also, there are supposedly more than 3 currencies, what currency is that in?

There is a basic value also in Fallout 3, based on which the actual prices are calculated, depending on your skill.

It makes sense this one might be the base value, but IIRC in Fallout 3 what you saw on the PIPBoy was the value after the skill modification and it was the same price all merchants gave you.

There is a basic value also in Fallout 3, based on which the actual prices are calculated, depending on your skill.

It makes sense this one might be the base value, but IIRC in Fallout 3 what you saw on the PIPBoy was the value after the skill modification and it was the same price all merchants gave you.

Nope. The "value" you saw on your PIPBoy was in fact the base value, in Fallout 3. The rest is what Ausir said.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

http://www.vintagegameclub.org/

the vintage game club is playing through fallout 1 starting today, with discussion of the intro to begin tomorrow in case anyone here has been itching to replay the original and they want to discuss it as they do

super terrible.

people think fallout 1 looks dated.... in ten years fallout 1 will look less dated to me than fallout 3...

I agree. From recent IGN video.

post-290-1275692549_thumb.jpg

More ugly then supermutants.

Lt Haggerty could use less eyeshadow :unsure:

The video is surely an old build though, the supermutants definitely look nicer than that in recent screenshots.

Lt Haggerty could use less eyeshadow :p

*shrug*

That's the way the lighting changes the facial tone values in Facegen: generally one are lightens while another darkens, so it gets a little weird. Plus the level lighting can create odd highlights, shadows, and color changes.

It was far far worse in Oblivion. There's nothing to complain about here.

Lt Haggerty could use less eyeshadow :p

*shrug*

That's the way the lighting changes the facial tone values in Facegen: generally one are lightens while another darkens, so it gets a little weird. Plus the level lighting can create odd highlights, shadows, and color changes.

It was far far worse in Oblivion. There's nothing to complain about here.

Na I agree, after putting a shameful number of hours into Oblivion the faces were the least of my concerns.

I saw a mudcrab the other day, disgusting creatures. :x

super terrible.

I agree. From recent IGN video.

post-290-1275692549_thumb.jpg

More ugly then supermutants.

I'll be honest though.. I know people who have the same facial structure in RL.

Yeah, ugly people exist IRL too! (I still have to find someone who looks as deformed as Moira though)