Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

I'm just happy that Sega has NOTHING to do with this whatsoever.

Nothing, nothing, nothing.

Happy, happy, happy.

That was apparently a match made in Hell. Or something.

Not to mention Bethesda sounds like a great producer. Can't be worse than Sega, that's for sure.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Happy, happy, happy.

Not to mention Bethesda sounds like a great producer. Can't be worse than Sega, that's for sure.

I've been very impressed, from what we've heard, about the way Beth is handling their role in NV's development.

IF this sort of thing keeps up, I may have to stop slamming them. :verymad:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Happy, happy, happy.

Not to mention Bethesda sounds like a great producer.

*cough* Every Star Trek game published by them *cough*

To those that say they didn't make them, that's very true. However they selected the companies that made them and oversaw the production. :)

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

We created a new crafting interface for the game that is quite extensive. Initially it was only going to apply to the Survival skill, but we expanded it to use a variety of skills at different locations. Crafting ranges from cooking raw meat into steak at a campfire to hand loading custom ammunition from spent shell casings at a reloading bench. I think people will really enjoy it.

That's interesting.

hand loading custom ammunition from spent shell casings at a reloading bench. .[/i]

I hope Aram appreciates this. :thumbsup:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

By the way, Josh, since you're watching, tell Larry Liberty to talk a little bit more fluently the next time he does a podcast interview. :thumbsup:

By the way, I think the only new information we got from the podcast is the confirmation of the return of spore plants and a couple of informations about the radio stations in the game.

EDIT : I've finally realized that I hate podcasts. The volume was all over the place, sometimes I couldn't hear a thing, sometimes it broke my ears, and also, to be honest, I get the feeling that as much as Captain Liberty tried to be helpful, the interview would have been much more interesting with a designer or someone that knows the gameplay mechanics better.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

A lot of new stuff in this interview.

We created a new crafting interface for the game that is quite extensive. Initially it was only going to apply to the Survival skill, but we expanded it to use a variety of skills at different locations. Crafting ranges from cooking raw meat into steak at a campfire to hand loading custom ammunition from spent shell casings at a reloading bench. I think people will really enjoy it.
We've tried to avoid wacky contraptions for the most part. In the Fallout universe, the western portion of the United States is a lot more industrialized and generally "with it" than the east. As a result, most of the mods are of the traditional variety.

We have a large number of traditional firearms in the game and there are a lot of mods for those weapons: extended magazines for pistols, larger ammunition drums for submachine guns, custom high-speed actions for lever action rifles, silencers, suppressors, and so on. We also have mods for energy weapons and explosives, like focus optics for the laser rifle (increases damage),

That's very cool, i never found much sense in being able to build flaming swords and teddy bear guns, but not more reasonable custom weapons like a slingshot, or a molotov coctail, or even a gun with a scope.

and the "Little Boy" kit for the Fat Man, which drastically reduces its weight.
I hoped they would dispose of this. Instead they added a kit so you can carry MOAR NUKZ!. And they used the same cheesy reference to name it. This is the first New Vegas news that actually dissapoints me.

The nukes were weightless same as all ammo were they not?

You probably need a decent rating in some skill to reduce the fatman's weight, so I don't see the big deal.

Then again, I never used the fatman in the first place.

I personally never had a problem with the Fatman.

Ok, I'm lying, I always had problems with Fatman.

Two problems, actually:

1) Tons and tons of mini nuke, for no reason, in the Capital Wasteland.. hopefully this problem will be addressed.. granted, every weapon had this problem, but with the Fatman it just stretched the suspension of disbelief and until she were torn apart, and then raped her corpse;

2) It was unbalanced, imho. It had almost no drawbacks and since in Fallout 3 damage was only barely influenced by your skill, I could easily kill a behemoth with two shots. By the way, who decided to place the weapon in the main path of the game? Placing a couple of Fatmen in hidden locations in the game, possibly giving it one or two to the Brotherhood, would have been better, imho.

As long as the balance problems are addressed and the Fatman has real drawbacks (but it's also powerful enough with the right build) I have no problems with it.

Well, that sure was boring to watch. Also, I know what's to be expected since the game runs on the same engine as F3 and all that, but it's still sorta depressing to see it...

Ah well, here's hoping Beth will show some of the more interesting stuff (rather than 80 million ways to kill a super mutant) soon.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

http://twitter.com/Fallout/status/15426447535

" IGN just posted the first Fallout: New Vegas gameplay footage. Includes solar lasers & grenade machineguns! http://bit.ly/b9Yzxx "

I. Was. Just. About. To. Post. It.

I HATE YOU FUNCROC! HATE YOU! :)

By the way, I'm pretty sure that's not the last build, considering that the supermutants still use the old Fallout 3 model.

Ah well, here's hoping Beth will show some of the more interesting stuff (rather than 80 million ways to kill a super mutant) soon.
You mean with and without Bloody Mess, amirite? :)

Voice-over was horrible.

Two problems, actually:

1) Tons and tons of mini nuke, for no reason, in the Capital Wasteland.. hopefully this problem will be addressed.. granted, every weapon had this problem, but with the Fatman it just stretched the suspension of disbelief and until she were torn apart, and then raped her corpse;

2) It was unbalanced, imho. It had almost no drawbacks and since in Fallout 3 damage was only barely influenced by your skill, I could easily kill a behemoth with two shots. By the way, who decided to place the weapon in the main path of the game? Placing a couple of Fatmen in hidden locations in the game, possibly giving it one or two to the Brotherhood, would have been better, imho.

As long as the balance problems are addressed and the Fatman has real drawbacks (but it's also powerful enough with the right build) I have no problems with it.

Fatman could have been fine if there were like 5 mini-nukes in the whole game and it weighed like 200 lbs/kg whatever. As it stands, it was storage locker material, never to see the light of day.

So that's fine, I'll just keep ignoring it in NV.

I'm disappointed that there are no text descriptions for items. I really don't get why developers think its more fun to play with generic guns.

[generichardcoarrpgermode] It's because of the.... consoles. [/generichardcoarrpgermode]

Seriously though, while I would have very much liked them, I don't think there's a way to fit them considering the enormous text size.

I'm pretty sure they'll make a mod just as with Fallout 3 though.

Two problems, actually:

Fatman could have been fine if there were like 5 mini-nukes in the whole game and it weighed like 200 lbs/kg whatever. As it stands, it was storage locker material, never to see the light of day.

So that's fine, I'll just keep ignoring it in NV.

First time I tried to fire the Fatman, I aimed it poorly and managed to hit a rock outcropping instead of the group I was aiming for and nuked myself.

I reloaded and shot it again and missed, probably nuking some innocent wasteland wanderer who had no idea what was going on 100 yards away.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm disappointed that there are no text descriptions for items. I really don't get why developers think its more fun to play with generic guns.

[generichardcoarrpgermode] It's because of the.... consoles. [/generichardcoarrpgermode]

Seriously though, while I would have very much liked them, I don't think there's a way to fit them considering the enormous text size.

I'm pretty sure they'll make a mod just as with Fallout 3 though.

Yeah, there's absolutely no way text descriptions can possibly fit on the screen.

Well, that screenie is actually pretty bad as far as interfaces go, and the text size is also pretty small compared to the normal text size used with the item names and stats.

It could probably be resolved, mind you, but I doubt it was high on the priorities list.

Coundn't agree more. That text detail was an enormous loss in Bioshock as well.

Awesome item descriptions and details rule.

It's okay Mikael Grizzly, I liked your mod. Not that my opinion counts for much around here, but that's a whole 'nother matter.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes