Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

I love new pics, even if they're just higher res versions of old ones.

I also love super mutants with face straps and less orky features:

http://www.gamersglobal.de/angetestet/fallout-new-vegas

[edit]: found on nma

I haven't noticed before (not that I was looking very closely) but supermutants have definitely seen some work. Not the exact same assets as we were told originally.

They still look a bit like orcs (or The Incredible Hulk, or Frankenstein, or, or... :( ) but at least they're detailed orcs now.

They do look a bit more refined. I assumed though that was becuase the resolution was much higher than what I played in. (1024*768)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I haven't noticed before (not that I was looking very closely) but supermutants have definitely seen some work. Not the exact same assets as we were told originally.

They still look a bit like orcs (or The Incredible Hulk, or Frankenstein, or, or... :( ) but at least they're detailed orcs now.

Well... the original supermutants looked like orcs too.

We've posted the same screenshots lol.

Anyway it's nice to see that at least someone cares more about the new screenshots. :(

My eyes, they do nothing! Seriously though, I have no idea how I missed your post.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

The Super Mutant heads were remodeled and the body texture was mirrored so the artist could devote more space to the head texture.

It looks pretty badass, I think.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Even when setting aside the fact that they're closer to the original Super Mutant, I think these just look a *lot* better than the F3 ones in general. I can't remember exactly now, but I think the F3 ones had a different color as well? Either way, this green color just seems *right* somehow.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Even when setting aside the fact that they're closer to the original Super Mutant, I think these just look a *lot* better than the F3 ones in general. I can't remember exactly now, but I think the F3 ones had a different color as well? Either way, this green color just seems *right* somehow.

A mix between yellow, green and red, distributed on various parts of the body. Mostly yellow honestly.

They do look a bit more refined. I assumed though that was becuase the resolution was much higher than what I played in. (1024*768)

I played FO3 on 1920x1080 and super-duper detail, and examined some of the millions of super mutants in the game up close. :lol: Not the issue. It was simply a model / texture thing.

The Super Mutant heads were remodeled and the body texture was mirrored so the artist could devote more space to the head texture.

A brilliant and practical way to handle texture space / engine constraints, I must say.

A mix between yellow, green and red, distributed on various parts of the body. Mostly yellow honestly.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

have been down this road before. clearly some o' the hardcore fans has inexplicably missed the funny already in their beloved fallout... zoom, right over your heads. even so, we agrees that some flavors/types o' funny works better in fallout than does others.

no. it's not really about "funny" for me. it's about somebody with a sense of humor i relate to telling a joke, then somebody with a lack of that same sense of humor trying to tell the same joke and failing.

weird. no edit button that i can see. soooo, double post i guess.

Yo Sawyer, I'm really happy for you...an' I'm gonna let you finish...but Marcus is the best super-mutant of all time!

that said, i looked at the hi-res re-texture of the super-mutant in that new screen-shot, and it looks much better. at first with the small screen i thought, "eh, better but still orc." after looking up close, i say Great Job!

have been down this road before. clearly some o' the hardcore fans has inexplicably missed the funny already in their beloved fallout... zoom, right over your heads. even so, we agrees that some flavors/types o' funny works better in fallout than does others.

no. it's not really about "funny" for me.

oh, well of course that settles everything. but then again, no. if you ain't one o' the folks that thought fo were serious biz with very little funny, then our comments were not directed at you and your reply is pointless.

*shrug*

can debate all day long regarding whether fo were successful funny, but the notion that fo (the original) were not intended to be funny is hardly worthy of argument. is a considerable 'mount o' intended funny/camp in fo, but is seeming that the serious hardcore fo fan is very likely to have missed the humor. regardless, am pleased to hear that uncle fergie ain't swallowing the revisionist history o' the Faithful in this regard: there will be ha-ha in fo:nv.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

They must have been impressed with some of the Fallout 3 mods. Looks like they're going to have some new weapons like the Barrett and SAW, two of my favorite modded weapons.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

New Subject - Bullet Impact and Immersion

This may not be a big deal for some people, but i hought I'd raise it anyway.

The effects of a bullet striking and killing a target appear to be based on damage done, not the class of weapon. Immersion wise what this means is that my lvl 24 character routinely shoots and kills bears with a sniper rifle, and the bear carcase goes flying straight up in the air like the hat of a patriotic fellow on victory day. Even pistols can achieve this sort of thing on a critical.

Wouldn't it make more sense, computationally, and rationally, to have the impact determined with reference to a lookup table? Still have it semi-random, for amusement's sake, but more constrained.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think it has been mentioned in a preview that some weapons have bigger impact than others, notably the shotguns.

Kewl.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

New Subject - Bullet Impact and Immersion

This may not be a big deal for some people, but i hought I'd raise it anyway.

The effects of a bullet striking and killing a target appear to be based on damage done, not the class of weapon. Immersion wise what this means is that my lvl 24 character routinely shoots and kills bears with a sniper rifle, and the bear carcase goes flying straight up in the air like the hat of a patriotic fellow on victory day. Even pistols can achieve this sort of thing on a critical.

Wouldn't it make more sense, computationally, and rationally, to have the impact determined with reference to a lookup table? Still have it semi-random, for amusement's sake, but more constrained.

I don't particularly remember having a problem with dead bodies / carcasses, but I do remember problems with severed limbs, especially heads. Ahh the heads... A supermutant, being the super-duper-heavy critter that he

(she)

is, collapses like a sack of potatoes once he's dead. But the head...... The head goes flying to oblivion (no pun intended), even with a laser beam.

p.s.:

After watching my friend's game for a while (who had the perk), I deliberately didn't pick Bloody Mess in my second playthrough (even though it gave a damage bonus, and I was going for my "perfect" build, and it was my single favorite trait from FO 1&2). It was absurd, ridiculous, blasphemous... Supermutant shot in the chest with hunting rifle, critical shot, all limbs "blasted" to different corners of the general area. Nothing remotely amusing as in previous games, just... ridiculous... :thumbsup:

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor