2010 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

Didn't the Octopussy get his prediction wrong about a game not involving Germany beforehand? He keeps choosing the teams on the right. I'm gonna go for an upset - Dutch to win, with the seafood loving Spanish to demand the Germans hand over Paul or... risk having a letter written to them telling them how angry they are.

NOT that I know of and all sources state a quite clear 100% prediction rate so unless you have a source your scandalous words are pointless.

He keeps choosing the teams that WIN. He chose the team on the left once or twice when it was appropriate. All the people who root for the loosing team keep questioning and arguing but has he ever been wrong? The answer in NO and the Netherlands better be ready because Spain brings a major ass-kicking with them.

Here's the Uruguay Germany prediction:

do you see how it sits on the Uruguay box for a while before opening the Germany one? It didn't open two boxes or any nonsense and it certainly didn't open the most convenient box for accessing food as soon as possible either.

When you see him going straight for Spain over the Netherlands that is absolute certainty that Spain will win and it's unusual of Paul as he tends to carefully linger over both boxes before opening one as seen in the Uruguay Germany video. That simply means that the Netherlands stand no chance and are going to get destroyed like never before without a shadow of hope.

Edited by Fallen Ghost

No, he got the finals wrong in the 2008 European Championship, and also Germany vs Croatia the same year during the group stage. That's two matches out of the thirteen he has predicted beforehand wrong, giving him a success rate of about 84.6%. He got the only other final he ever did wrong, so the amount of finals he's gotten right is 0%, and this is still the only game he has ever done without Germany so his non-Germany record of predictions is 0%.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_Octopus

Edited by TrueNeutral

No, he got the finals wrong in the 2008 European Championship, and also Germany vs Croatia the same year during the group stage.

He was new at it.....he may have been under the mistaken impression that he was only expected to pick Germany. But in the 2 years since he's come a long way and now Paul understands that he should simply pick the team that his visions show to be the winner and has more than proven his accuracy in this tournament.

The only question that remains is: Are the Netherlands ready to meet their fate......the huge can of ass-kicking that Spain is bringing? Frankly if I could I'd even suggest it's preferable that they not show up for the match at all. That would have Spain become victor by default with a booking of what....3-0 or something like that? Still a lot better than showing up and being crushed with something like a 5-0 or something along those lines. Given how absolutely without doubt or hesitation Paul was in his prediction I'd say they shouldn't expect anything short of Spain bringing the sky down on their heads.

Edited by Fallen Ghost

Spain's cans of whoopass that consist out of the dutch tactic of total football, you mean?

Oh I wouldn't be so sure.....all I know is that the clarity and speed with which Paul has spoken predicts that in a few hours we'll see Spain like we've never seen them before.

Red. It's pretty intentional. But I guess didn't want to pull it out quite so early... :bow:

EDIT : 5 yellow cards. Wow. The last World Cup final was much more entertaining, and it wasn't that good. Whatever, we already had the good match yesterday.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

It seems the only way Holland can lose is by the arbiters not doing their job.

AAAAAAAAAAARGH_by_TrueNeutral187.jpg

Arbiters not doing their job? WTH are you talking about? The Netherlands were desperately trying to inflict as much damage on the Spanish as they could and with the amount of earned cards they got it's a wonder they didn't get disqualified as a team. Their strategy was to literally cripple the Spanish. That deserves hell of a lot worse than losing the bloody match.....they deserve punishment as a team. I doubt it'll happen but don't tell me that after that display you think the Netherlands should have or deserved to win.

The winning goal was scored on a run off of an incorrectly called goal kick. What a triumph!

That's the least of what the Netherlands deserved for having played the way they did. Playing to injure is simply NOT something that should be tolerated. If Netherlands hadn't done a million fouls the Spanish would have scored long before the final minutes of extra time.

J.E. Sawyer is completely correct. It was offside before the goal, but it wasn't called. Hence, the ref's not doing their job. And if you think Holland was that violent you are clearly biased, both teams were kicking each other more than they were kicking the ball. Every time Robben or Sneider got the ball they were remorselesly kicked down. This is the first game I've ever seen where Robben was on the ground for actually being kicked every time.

In fact, your exaggeration is so great I think you're deliberately trolling here.

Edited by TrueNeutral

The Dutch were consistently booked and eventually sent off. A bad call is a bad call. "Deserves" doesn't have anything to do with it.

At its best it was still a terrible game full of fouling and flopping. Germany/Uruguay was infinitely more enjoyable to watch.