2010 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

So tomorrow is doomsday, or not. Denmark v Cameroun. Win or leave. I hope coach Olsen will be able to come up with something brilliant because we don't have anyone extraordinary on the team. Or at least they have been hiding their extraordinarity extraordinarily well.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Germany played very well at the start of the second half, but Podolski alone can't make up for a missing man on the field. At the end they were too tired and too rushed to put anything together.

Podolski can't score a penalty.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Not really. Serbia got 4 cards, Germans got 5. The ref was very strict, almost any physical contact resulted in a yellow card - but fair. We got to play with a player more, they got a free penalty. Plenty of shots at the goal from both sides. It was an even thing, down to the end.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

You got any inside gen for us on Serbia, Boo?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nothing too revealing. Most players are from good or excellent european clubs, morale is a huge factor (which makes this win very important), excellent defense, good midfield and lack of really powerful offensive players.

The reason for the success against Germany is the similarities in playing style combined with an all or nothing approach following the loss against Ghana.

Australia is the final group opponent and although on paper Serbia has better players, most feel that the weak Aussie performance against Germany doesn't necessarily mean that they will be an easy opponent. The results are tight in the group D and even a victory might not be enough to go further.

The game will enormously depend on the confidence of the players, if they play to their potential a win can be expected.

Overall Serbia can play any of the best European teams and stand an equal chance of winning and losing. That's the playing style they're familiar with and that's where they can perform well.

logosig2.jpg

Hehe, I just read that North Korea might have problems dressing a full team the next time they play. Apparently several players have gone missing in the last couple of days!

Go NK!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's not failure when even your defeats move millions and millions of pounds.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's not failure when even your defeats move millions and millions of pounds.

Point.

Nonetheless I have to agree with Monte in as much as I think the England team have perhaps too much of a good thing money wise. In fact I've been thinking for some time now that you can ALWAYS have too much of a good thing. It destabilizes efforts to control the system in question. In this case the money and the lifestyle is a distraction. On the other hand they earn their bosses squillions more so why shouldn't they get a share?

Not that this changes my impression of the useless hoofers.

On teh other hand I thoght Algeria played greatly to their own credit. Well done.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I guess Holland's game got the job done, but it was pretty crappy.

Actually, it was crappy for the first half, then fantastic for ten minutes into the second half, then complete ****e for the rest of it. I thought Japan actually played better than us.

Holland is starting to look like a contender. Theoretical quality, underwhelming performance, wins nevertheless. All the markings of a World Cup winner.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Unfair penalty against Australia, the guy definitely didn't play with his hand intentionally. Regardless group D looks tight. If Germany beats Ghana, and we beat Australia, both reasonable to expect, Ger and Serbia qualify further.

England. I've never seen worse* play by a major team.

* I forgot France.

logosig2.jpg