New German video preview

Dialogue system looks awesome but the AI...*facepalm*

1:14 - 1:21 he's attacking two enemies, a guy is above him the whole time. For 7 seconds the enemy above him stands and occasionally opens fire not even remotely close to Mike. At the end of the gunfight, Mike has lost only 6 armor points.

2:02 actually made me LOL. THE ENEMY HAS A GODDAMN GUN AND HE RUNS CLOSER TO MIKE. Why do they need guns in the first place? Apparently they don't know how to operate them properly. 2:10 Another guy charges into a wall.

Minigames look fun.

Edited by Mojito
bo2honau2csr9e70g28.png

There's always the possibility that it's just being played on easy difficulty, which makes the guards especially stupid.

Yeah, I know, it's a long shot >_<

Edited by Baeus

There's always the possibility that it's just being played on easy difficulty, which makes the guards especially stupid.

Yeah, I know, it's a long shot :w00t:

I hope that too, but usually rising difficulty doesn

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Just saw the video, the AI is unbelievable. He shoots at the first guy who is on his knees, and the second guy, right next to him, instantly lobs a grenade. Then his animation sets at 'standing' and he does nothing for about a second until he's been hit by Mike too, THEN he pulls out his gun. The third guy up top gets Mike with his first shot for a whopping total of 6 armour, then misses twice, though he's clearly aiming carefully. Assuming it's on easy you still take way too little damage, and the people are stupid. Maybe the AI is stupider on Easy?

On positive notes, I thought Mike VA was fine. He's pretty normal - he really seems like a real life guy rather than the more 'theatrical' voices you get in films and games. The graphics looked good, too. I actually like the 'leathery' Unreal 3 look and the lighting is great. Also I think we got a confirmation that time does pass whiel you do minigames, you coudl hear the cry of the guard looking for Mike as he did the last minigame (4 routes).

Looking back over it, it doesn't seem to be as bad as I first though. The game seems to go in slow motion for one of the kills, which makes the enemies seem like they're doing nothing. And the player breaks line of sight a few times, which could account for some of the jitters.

Dunno, maybe I'm just making excuses :)

i didn't see any option here, so i'm just going to assume that there's no way we can change mike's actual skin color, shame. I saw something about complexion in a preview ages and ages ago, but never heard mention of it sense, it's whatever i guess.

Hm, well the 4 years of Deutsche I took at school about 15 years ago didn't stick.. since I understood bloody little of that.. But I have to say, that's the sharpest and crispest I've seen AP looking in any of the trailers/previews so far.. Really don't see why people have been having issues with those graphics..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm, well the 4 years of Deutsche I took at school about 15 years ago didn't stick.. since I understood bloody little of that.. But I have to say, that's the sharpest and crispest I've seen AP looking in any of the trailers/previews so far.. Really don't see why people have been having issues with those graphics..

I don't speak German either, but the graphics look fine.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

A question/speculation on the way they showed how you would hack a computer.

How?

All I saw was a bunch of stuff flying around that screen and two different 'codes' to find in the mess.

I guess we can just hope for a really good tutorial explaining how to do it, or a dev to tell us what's up with it.

But right now, that just looks like it's going to give me a brain spasm.

A question/speculation on the way they showed how you would hack a computer.

How?

All I saw was a bunch of stuff flying around that screen and two different 'codes' to find in the mess.

I guess we can just hope for a really good tutorial explaining how to do it, or a dev to tell us what's up with it.

But right now, that just looks like it's going to give me a brain spasm.

Those two lines of code you see at the top, you need to find those in the changing mess of numbers. They are static while all the other numbers constantly change. I think with higher levels of sabotage, the lines of code gets larger which makes them easier to spot.

I would like to know if there is an option to turn off or change the aiming reticule .

Given how tied the skill level of a weapon is to the aiming reticule, I doubt it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

It's just a basic preview describing (what is for us) common knowledge. She offers her opinion on only a few things: the hacking minigame can get on your nerves, skill levels make a real difference, AI isn't the sharperst knife in Brayko's desk and she's curious how the different endings unfold. That's it.

BTW, how the bloody hell do I set Firefox spellchecker to english?

Just the natural talent of raw oner-awesome? :-

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You have to add a dictionary for each language.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

In Firefox, whenever you're in a place where you can type something, right-click and at the bottom there is something likes "Languages", it will let you change the language or install a new pack if you need it.

The germans seem to like their video previews: http://www.gamepro.de/index.cfm?pid=386&pk=2363

Not much new, a slightly longer look at some of the intro and a short clip of gameplay in a level I don't think we've seen so far. Other than that, mostly the same stuff we've seen in Saudi Arabia so far.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0