OMG! Did you guys read the wikipedia article? If not, DON'T!

GOD DAMMIT! How is it that the entire friggin plot is spoiled a month before the game is even released?! Why wasn't there at least a spoiler warning or anything. GOD DAMN WIKIPEDIA!

I was spoiled about Mass Effect 2 as well so I was really hoping that I could avoid major spoilers in Alpha Protocol. I wouldn't have expected the major plot twist to be revealed a month before the game was released.

I was just hoping for a introductory plot synopsis that just reveals some minor information about the settings and characters.

I was really really looking forward to this game and now the plot is RUINED! I AM FURIOUS!!!

Everyone, AVOID wikipedia!

Edited by Busomjack

Chill pal, that's only the first act they spoiled.

Still! That would've been an AMAZINGLY cool plot twist.

I don't know who is responsible for revealing this information but I suspect it's probably due to all the douchebag torrent junkies who got the game early by pirating it and then decided to ruin it for everyone else by posting spoilers. I hope they all die of nut sack cancer!

I don't know who is responsible for revealing this information but I suspect it's probably due to all the douchebag torrent junkies who got the game early by pirating it and then decided to ruin it for everyone else by posting spoilers. I hope they all die of nut sack cancer!

.... Nope, it isn't.

Previewers' fault.

It sucks, but what you're gonna do?

.... Nope, it isn't.

Previewers' fault.

It sucks, but what you're gonna do?

What am I going to do...I don't know. I greatly enjoyed Mass Effect 2 despite being spoiled yet I was still greatly upset knowing that I would've enjoyed it even more had the plot not been spoiled.

The best I can hope for is that this is only a very minor plot twist and that there are many more surprises later in the game. I'm not crossing my fingers though.

Hm, you mean the whole

failed mission and betrayal, leading to Mike having to go undercover while being hunted by the US Government

?

I kind of thought that was something mentioned as the whole start off for the plot back when they started talking about AP...

It is kind of the central spy trope that's been around for James Bond, Jason Bourne, and Jack Bauer.

It was up there in the first trailer over a year ago. And why there were a fair few jokes about similarities with the tv series Burn Notice :thumbsup: The whole.. "burned spy called Michael..."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That's the one.

To me, that's just the set-up to the story... the hook that starts you off, not the plot and twisty routes you might go through..

But then, maybe I'm just warped.

Or read waay too many spy stories... :thumbsup:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Knowing Obsidian there will be a good deal to discover going on (wouldn't be surprised if it turns up that the 'untrustable' higher-ups have actually perfectly rational motivations, and by that I don't mean greed) and it's probably one of the few things you discover in the first hour of so of the game.

I was spoilered about the 'twist' at the end of Knights of the Old Republic II and I still found the 'journey' very enjoyable, I could even examine the foreshadowing in a more critical/relaxed way (heck, I enjoyed the 'journey' moreso than the ending, considering it was rushed... VERY rushed :thumbsup: ). Could they have kept it under wraps? yeah, but compared to a lot of other games I think they did a good job about keeping the plot relatively unspoiled, even a little bit too much since we discovered the flashforward system just lately.

That's why I never visit wikis until after I've beaten the game, I'm just happy Obsidian isn't forcing spoilers down our throats like Bioware did with DA, I knew pretty much everything there was to know about every one of the origins before the game came out and I tried really really hard to avoid spoilers they just made it all but impossible, luckily I know next to nothing about this games plot other than "you're a spy", I do wish they'd put up more about the skills and outfits though

That's not part of the game plot, it's just something in the opening of the game / prologue that sets up the plot. So good news is you haven't really been spoiled anything, it's as much a spoiler as what you get in movie trailers.

That's not part of the game plot, it's just something in the opening of the game / prologue that sets up the plot. So good news is you haven't really been spoiled anything, it's as much a spoiler as what you get in movie trailers.

If it's what I think it is, it's not much of a spoiler.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

It is a huge spoiler. Just think about it...

*SPOILER ALERT. INCLUDING DEUS EX SPOILER*

We start the game and we're taking a mission we KNOW is going to end in failure. Also, we know that the people we're working for at the beginning of the game will betray us.

Imagine if in Deus Ex we knew that

UNATCO was a branch of Majestic 12 and that they would betray us. That is how bad this spoiler is.

Yes, I should've known better than to look at wikipedia but I did not expect there to be friggin SPOILERS a month before the game was released, and I wouldn't have expected Obsidian to actually spoil their own game.

Edited by Busomjack

No, it's nothing like that.

See, in Deus Ex, the betrayal / revelation happens halfway through your game. You spend like, what, ten hours? Gradually figuring out what they're about and such.

In Alpha Protocol, the particular spoiler you are referring to happens in the very first mission.

It's like saying it's a spoiler to say you become a Grey Warden in Dragon Age, it's something that happens in the first few hours and sets up the story. Alpha Protocol isn't about the spoiler. Alpha Protocol is about what happens AFTER the spoiler.

The point is you don't have anything to worry about here, you haven't been spoiled.

No, it's nothing like that.

See, in Deus Ex, the betrayal / revelation happens halfway through your game. You spend like, what, ten hours? Gradually figuring out what they're about and such.

In Alpha Protocol, the particular spoiler you are referring to happens in the very first mission.

It's after the fourth mission, before the hubs open.. :x

I'm not sure about the four missions part (that's what I get for reading previews at midnight). Though there's at least two missions for Nasri and Shaheed + side missions from Mina & Co.

Missions before hubs open was in an age old interview, and the achievement list hints at it too (Alpha Protocol (you know, pretend to go rogue) - complete Operation Desert Spear).

Edited by Oner

Well, I don't know how many missions the game has, but in terms of the plot structure, it still seems like the first 'act', the prologue act - it's basically Lord of the Rings before Rivendell, the Matrix before the red/blue pill.

There are a great deal more twists and turns that the player can uncover. While I hate spoilers as much as anybody else, this one really is pretty small in the scale of the game.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich