Gamesradar too is having a 'AP week'

After the character vignettes at Destructoid, Gamesradar is the second website to have a 'AP week', this time about features of the game. No videos, but articles, and here is the first one, which deals with the importance of dialogues in AP :

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/alpha-protocol...429123013224041

And here is the program, resuming on Monday May 3rd :

Monday 3 May: Combat and Weapons

Tuesday 4 May: Gadgets and Gizmos

Wednesday 5 May: Stealth

Thursday 6 May: The Femme Fatales

I'm especially interested in the last two ones.

Hm.. interesting on the First Aid.. use too much, too quickly, and it can induce fatal blood clots.. That's definitely going to be a twist on the usual healing techniques..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What's new to me :

- the EMP grenades. While I knew they were there, the fact that we can use them to hack computers or disable door alarms if we have enough ranks into Technical Aptitude is new.

- the side-effects of the first-aid kit. It reminds me of the potions in The Witcher, take too much of those and you're dead!

- the fact that we can use incendiary grenades to block cameras' sight.

All in all, a more informative and interesting article than yesterday! A good surprise, I hope tomorrow will be as good!

EMP Grenades

These highly versatile electromagnetic pulse grenades are hands down one of your most powerful options when trying to confuse enemy defence systems, rendering cameras, computers, alarms and automated turrets useless. Combine them with the Interference skill on the Technical Aptitude branch and you can even tune them to selectively neutralise electronic systems, short circuiting door alarms or disabling computer

Man o man, some of the higher perks look so sweet. Do you think we'll be able to get chain shot and fury in the same play? I was thinking of a ninja stealth suavey mcsuave guy with a touch of tech abilities. Decisions decisions.

Interesting stuff, the ability sound balanced, but I can't really say untill I've played the game.

The stealth standard setup sounds stupid IMHO, I really can't see any reason to take ranks in CQC with a stealth character, unless they're needed for a silent takedown.

Somewhat agree. I guess the logic is that it will act as a sort of "safety net" if you're sneaking up on an enemy but get spotted right before you take him down, then you can quickly take him down with the martial arts.

But it feels as if it'd be more fitting to have Stealth, pistols and sabotage.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Wasn't expecting that, it's basically a run-down of all the passive and active abilities the Stealth line opens up :lol: I like how all those articles have different focuses and styles. Can't wait for the final one.

Gunfire is noisy. And even if your weapon is silenced, your opponent's may not be. If one guard spots you, CQC lets you eliminate him without bringing all his buddies to your location. (I'm assuming that CQC attacks can prevent opponents from getting their firearms into shooting position.)

Here's the last one: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=244268

Nothing particularly interesting, some of the info is straight from the character vignettes. Most of the ladies seem to have some dark secret in who they're really working for.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm amused by the contrast Sie poses with the other ladies :p She's the only outright "action girl" of the lot, she is over 6 feet tall, she is more lust-driven than romance-driven and she is more than ten years older than Mike :lol: It's as if Wynne was a romance option in Dragon Age o:)

I'm amused by the contrast Sie poses with the other ladies :lol: She's the only outright "action girl" of the lot, she is over 6 feet tall, she is more lust-driven than romance-driven and she is more than ten years older than Mike :lol: It's as if Wynne was a romance option in Dragon Age o:)

Well, female version of Rambo.. from the other side of the cold war... o:) But Sie does seem to be the only one of the ladies who doesn't have some mysterious "secret" aspect...

"For you are the LoveMaestro... Teach me the Way of Woo!" :lol:

Scarlet Lake is voiced by Courtenay Taylor, who played Jack and Subject Zero in Mass Effect 2 and also stared as Farinden in Dragon Age: Origins.

Oh boy. Subject Zero as a news reporter? This'll be interesting.

Regardless, she's a talented voice actor.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies