How americans see Europe

ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Short answer:

they don't.

*ba-dum-tish*

edit: linky no worky!

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Actually, under Portugal it should be "Isn't that in South America?"

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That chart is actually much more knowledgeable about Europe than an average American.

Yeah, totally. This chart is much more knowledgeable about Europe than most Americans are about their own country.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Anyone care to make on eof how Europeans see America?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

^That one is much more accurate.

Nice pic btw, G1. :teehee::p

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The irony of the whole 'french can't fight" thing is that they have a better track record than most at winning wars.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The irony of the whole 'french can't fight" thing is that they have a better track record than most at winning wars.

People are just butthurt about P

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Americans are pretty bad but are all euros some sort of geographysicists?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

'course not... though am not certain what a geographysicist does. many states in the U.S. boast larger populations and economies than does some euro nations, but ask a euro 'bout illinois or even california and you gets some pretty wild misconceptions. am recalling that as a child we took numerous trips from western north/south dakota to pennsylvania as we had family living in chicago and pittsburgh. same distance traveled in europe could result in us passing through ten or more different nations. ask a typical euro to give their insights regarding individual states in the USA... or even ask 'em 'bout the multitude o' central and south american nations. be prepared for some blank stares and wacky answers.

we brief taught in europe... started off our academic journey with a misconception that euros were better educated than their American counterparts. it is possibly (maybe) true that the average taxi cab driver, or manual laborer in barcelona or amsterdam is possessing superior knowledge to those similarly employed in cleveland or detroit, but our experience revealed that the typical euro university student is no better educated than those in the United States.

HA! Good Fun!

ps when did spanish women become "hot"?

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Anyone care to make on eof how Europeans see America?

redneck1.jpg

OMG!!! :p:blink: :blink:

What kind of rifle is that thing? There's no way we will see someone carrying such a thing, here in Europe...

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I'd guess that pop gun is designed primairly to fend off fighting vehicles, possibly tanks.

The interesting thing about the french surrender in WWII was that the Nazi's had the EXACT rail car in the EXACT spot that the Germans were forced to surrender in at the end of WWI.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Too funny. Moldova & Portugal are my favorites.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Was wondering that myself. Czech Rep/Ukraine is where it's at.

From a geographysicist's standpoint Africa is much worse than S. America, btw, and they have less countries with competitive soccer football teams.

What kind of rifle is that thing? There's no way we will see someone carrying such a thing, here in Europe...
Lol, that is a Euro anti-tank gun. Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

'course not... though am not certain what a geographysicist does. many states in the U.S. boast larger populations and economies than does some euro nations, but ask a euro 'bout illinois or even california and you gets some pretty wild misconceptions. am recalling that as a child we took numerous trips from western north/south dakota to pennsylvania as we had family living in chicago and pittsburgh. same distance traveled in europe could result in us passing through ten or more different nations. ask a typical euro to give their insights regarding individual states in the USA... or even ask 'em 'bout the multitude o' central and south american nations. be prepared for some blank stares and wacky answers.

we brief taught in europe... started off our academic journey with a misconception that euros were better educated than their American counterparts. it is possibly (maybe) true that the average taxi cab driver, or manual laborer in barcelona or amsterdam is possessing superior knowledge to those similarly employed in cleveland or detroit, but our experience revealed that the typical euro university student is no better educated than those in the United States.

HA! Good Fun!

I love Gromnir's rants about the glory of America. I just glaze over after the first couple of sentences and picture a bitter old man screaming "GET OFF MY LAWN" to some kids walking by as he waves his shotgun around menacingly.

HA! Good Fun!

I love Gromnir's rants about the glory of America. I just glaze over after the first couple of sentences and picture a bitter old man screaming "GET OFF MY LAWN" to some kids walking by as he waves his shotgun around menacingly.

eh? we grew up within the borders o' a "domestic dependent nation": a uniquely American legal fiction and a horrible reality. we got all kinds o' criticisms o' the US... and those criticisms ain't limited to the BIA neither. heck, when we moved from pine ridge to chicago, we attended a high school that had metal detectors installed to attempt to reduce violent crimes on campus. the mid/late 80's were actual relative quiet years for violent crime on the south side o' chicago (things got worse with the proliferation o' automatic weapons in the early 90's,) but it were hardly representitive of some kinda "glory of America." given our legal background we is aware o' just how whacked some fed and state laws is... and the process makes us more than a bit frustrated. US energy policies is myopic to the point o' insanity and we ain't too happy with the manner in which the US has chosen to aid various 3rd world nations... 'cause no matter how much money you dump into a 3rd world resource economy, there ain't no way for such nations to become a capital producer capable of eventually paying off debt. etc.

nevertheless, we had the opportunity to spend a couple years in europe and we discovered that things ain't exactly better on the other side o' the pond. as this board should make very obvious, Americans do not have a monopoly on stupidity.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Another irony of American / Euro awareness is the dispora experience. One generation after leaving the mother country, America does such an excellent job of integrating people that their view of their home country warps completely. Irish-Americans are an unintentionally amusing example. I remember a visit to Boston whereby folks about as Irish as I am were blindingly rude to me due to my accent.

sonsofgygax.JPG