That's a hell of a diet

Morgoth

I was thinking about transcending the need for physical sustenance as well, but I really dig a good cheeseburger.

This doesn't surprise me though, with proper mental training you can overcome all sorts of physical obstacles. This is a pretty amazing one, but people have been doing it for a long time.

I say we kidnap him and hook him up to a generator.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I say we kidnap him and hook him up to a generator.

Wasn't that a scene in Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court? The motions of some religous hermit who perpetually stood on a pedestal bowing or somesuch harnessed as a source of energy by the title character?

Also as they were putting this gentleman through all these medical tests, did they happen to include a polygraph?

I was thinking about transcending the need for physical sustenance as well, but I really dig a good cheeseburger.

This doesn't surprise me though, with proper mental training you can overcome all sorts of physical obstacles. This is a pretty amazing one, but people have been doing it for a long time.

Yeah, In reality you would die without water in less than a week, depending on climate.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Yeah, In reality you would die without water in less than a week, depending on climate.

2 days at most.

But this isn't the first case I heard of this, even though is the first time I hear of the science community actually researching on this. The results should be quite interesting, or quite irrelevant.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Sounds like this is one of them 'more between heaven and earth' moments. We want to believe that some Indian mystic could have bent the laws of nature, because the world would be a more interesting place if it were so. Of course this has nothing to do with reality.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Why would they even waste their time? Number 1 its physically impossible to live without food and water which is obvious and second we already know humans have the ability to consciously alter and control their metabolism, heartbeat and other bodily functions. Nothing remotely interesting to research here.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Why would they even waste their time? Number 1 its physically impossible to live without food and water which is obvious and second we already know humans have the ability to consciously alter and control their metabolism, heartbeat and other bodily functions. Nothing remotely interesting to research here.

Control their hearbeat? Can you just say "Heart please stop!"? :bow:

Control their hearbeat? Can you just say "Heart please stop!"? :teehee:

Insert crappy Bioshock reference here.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Control their hearbeat? Can you just say "Heart please stop!"? :teehee:

I once saw a pair of dark skinned twins, who stopped me breathing.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Control their hearbeat? Can you just say "Heart please stop!"? :p

Pictures please :teehee:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Control their hearbeat? Can you just say "Heart please stop!"? :p

Pictures please :teehee:

Sorry. They were students of mine back when I was a young and vastly stupid student teacher. I felt it was immoral and unethical to date my own students. Of course now I'm older and realise that immorality accumulates without you realising anyway, I'd say I should have gone for it. Although in my defence I wasn't being monkish so far as other young ladies were concerned.

By god, though, I've never seen anything like it since.

-Elwood Blues

Sounds like this is one of them 'more between heaven and earth' moments. We want to believe that some Indian mystic could have bent the laws of nature, because the world would be a more interesting place if it were so. Of course this has nothing to do with reality.

You seem like a pretty skeptical person. How is that working out for you?

Sounds like a great way to save money and look great. I think I'll add some 3500 cal per day on top of it, to put on some lean mass.

Damn, I think I should hurry up and patent this ****.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You seem like a pretty skeptical person. How is that working out for you?

It's not an exciting life, let me tell you. Unfortunately I can't un-realize the obvious. More's the pity.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Sounds like the scientists researching are much more faithful to science than you, though, because they're willing to put claims to test before they dismiss them? I mean, I thought that was the key difference between science and.. religion? (OK don't kill me :p)

Even if his central claim turns out to be a fib it might be worthwhile to see whats been going on in that man's body, regardless.

If those scientists happen to discover the magic he uses to live without taking any sustenance or that he is a carnation of the Buddha I will stand corrected. As it stands skeptic seems to be the place to be.

Yes, I'm unexciting and you lot are overflowing with spirituality because you will believe something for no other reason than because it would be cool if it were true.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

If those scientists happen to discover the magic he uses to live without taking any sustenance or that he is a carnation of the Buddha I will stand corrected. As it stands skeptic seems to be the place to be.

Yes, I'm unexciting and you lot are overflowing with spirituality because you will believe something for no other reason than because it would be cool if it were true.

Last week I watched a sidewalk performer jump on a bunch of broken glass without cutting his feet up.

I'm not saying this has anything to do with faith or spirituality. I'm saying the human body has way more potential than we tend to realize. This guy probably didn't decide one day that "Hey, I'm going to stop eating and drinking." He probably spent years lowering his metabolism and conditioning himself. Do I think he's gone 70 years without food and water? I think it is unlikely, but I'm not going to dismiss it outright.

A Kangaroo rat can go it's entire life (3-5 years) without water by the way.

Well isn't it pretty normal for some desert animals not to drink, or urinate, but to take in moisture through their diet.

I had a bunch of those when I was a kid. One drowned in a bucket of paint and the other electrocuted itself and nearly set the apartment on fire. One of the reasons I don't believe in having wild animals as pets.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

The video mentioned that he hadn't urinated or pooped since he had been at the hospital either. Again, it's about unlocking the potential of the human body. There is that one guy who can swim around the arctic ocean because he can control his body temperature, why can't a guy control his metabolism?