how i plan to play alpha protocol

Heh, I quite liked reading those "background descriptions" of Michael in the different "classes" (Field Operative, Soldier, Freelancer and the other one..). They definitely help push to try playing multiple different styles...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I think that everyone should be the "super tool" in our game at least once. It's pretty freaking funny.

Me, i like to play a bit of stealth, with my AR and Pistol, and put some points into Martial Arts so that i'm pretty rounded. Also, I always want to be Brayko's friend, no matter what play style I am going with. o:)

So, Alvin, is there someone on the team who plays Rambo-like? How does the feedback for the shooter mechanic sound, especially for them?

I think that everyone should be the "super tool" in our game at least once. It's pretty freaking funny.

Me, i like to play a bit of stealth, with my AR and Pistol, and put some points into Martial Arts so that i'm pretty rounded. Also, I always want to be Brayko's friend, no matter what play style I am going with. o:)

So, Alvin, is there someone on the team who plays Rambo-like? How does the feedback for the shooter mechanic sound, especially for them?

I did one of my playthroughs as rambo and loved it. Building up my skills and gear to able walk into a room and just open fire was really different than my usual play style, but it was great. It also lead me to work on my favorite build, which was the stealth, shotgun, and hacking build.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Me, i like to play a bit of stealth, with my AR and Pistol, and put some points into Martial Arts so that i'm pretty rounded. Also, I always want to be Brayko's friend, no matter what play style I am going with. :)

I did one of my playthroughs as rambo and loved it. Building up my skills and gear to able walk into a room and just open fire was really different than my usual play style, but it was great. It also lead me to work on my favorite build, which was the stealth, shotgun, and hacking build.

Stealth + FRIGGIN' SHOTGUN?

Now.. that's an interesting combination. o:)

Stealth + FRIGGIN' SHOTGUN?

Now.. that's an interesting combination. o:)

It is really awesome to get right behind a group of guys before taking them out with shotgun. Also, if you do it right, you can clear rooms, get hidden, and stealth kill anyone who heard the noise. Tons of fun to be had there.

Alvin ; is possible max all the skill or just a few? what's the level cap of Michael?

I'm not Alvin, but I can answer. You can only max a few out, and if you max out stealth (the most expensive skill), you're going to have to focus to max out more than one other skill before the end of the game.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

I'm not Alvin, but I can answer. You can only max a few out, and if you max out stealth (the most expensive skill), you're going to have to focus to max out more than one other skill before the end of the game.
The powergamer in me is weeping. :)o:)

Sorry. There's no way to max out your character. Though, if you beat Recruit Mode and play it again as a Veteran, you'll get a bit more AP and should be able to at least max out more of your skills. Does that help? o:)

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

How did the point balancing work? Was that just evaluating if one skill was more powerful than the other and so forth? I actually thought all skills had the same cost, must've missed a memo somewhere. :(

Certain Skills cost more, because they are "more powerful". The stealth skills can really give you an edge at times, so they will cost a bit more than others.

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

Oh yeah, forgot about Veteran.

I was thinking along the lines of maxing the three "class" skills and putting a few points here and there (toughness and marial arts for the tech build, some others for the sneaky build). I guess Mr Sneaker will wait for till Vet Mode. :(

How did the point balancing work? Was that just evaluating if one skill was more powerful than the other and so forth? I actually thought all skills had the same cost, must've missed a memo somewhere. :(

Nah, you didn't miss any memo, although someone did recently mention that the same "level" in stealth and martial arts didn't cost the same, by observation of the recent previews.

So Stealth requires to be even more focused, hey? Perhaps I will try Rambo on the first playthrough and go to Veteran after, like Oner.

Sorry. There's no way to max out your character. Though, if you beat Recruit Mode and play it again as a Veteran, you'll get a bit more AP and should be able to at least max out more of your skills. Does that help? :(

That's sounds good. Is Vet difficulty lock? (I mean if you need beat the game to unlock it).

You need to win the game to unlock veteran.
And beat Recruit too.

More precisely, you need to beat the game as Recruit :( Which is possible on the first playthrough, if memory serves. The Recruit/Veteran thing took some time to become completely clear.