Welcome to Blank's First DMing Experience.

Blank

I will point out that I even let you try to kill Blank, and without letting him know you were, but I still thought you were a bastard! lol

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

• 3 months later...

Walsy-

Ridge Theophilus Butterfat. You are wet, and cold, and tired. After hitchhiking with a surprisingly kind group of Kobold-skin traders, you find yourself in the vast and famed city of Neverwinter. Except, at the moment, you are not impressed. It is nighttime, and raining heavily. Standing in the middle of a dimly lit road, you see some street lanterns swaying back and forth in the wind and the rain. One of them goes out as you watch. It's a bleak sight, mostly because you haven't eaten since that morning. And now your stomach growls as you remember a scene with the Kobold-skin traders just before town, when one of them, Smurtle, (or was it Gertle?) generously offered you a morsel of Kobold stew, which you now wish you had not declined (though who could blame you).

Suddenly, you hear blood-curdling bleating in your ear. You turn and see your two angry sheep. They look awfully hungry, and awfully as tall as you are, because you are a gnome, after all.

Unfortunately, you don't have any food on your person, or on your Buckner. Buckner. Your... Camel. Because you are a gnome who owns a camel... of course.

Ahead of you is a unique-looking building, larger than the houses and makeshift hovels around you. Half of it looks like an average stone building, and the other half looks like the base of a tower. Indeed. as you squint at it and see the sign, it says, "THE FALLEN TOWER." While you look, a drunk man stumbles out of the door and heads down a different street, barely able to walk without falling as his feet seem to only just lift out of the mud. Dim light pours through the building's windows, and the yellow hue promises warmth. It appears there is a lean-to on one side of the building, where perhaps Buckner and the sheep could sit temporarily while you ask for directions, or food, or a place to stay.

But before you can do anything else, (rolls...) you notice from slightly behind, to your left that there is a young boy of rough appearance and scraggly clothes moving quickly at you, and he is not slowing down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tigranes-

Torin the dwarf. Almost invisible in the shadows of the alleyway, you tip the random beggar a copper coin, as he gave you some helpful information on where you could find some treasure in town. After all, your skillset serves you when it comes to procuring such things.

So you were on your way to The Fallen Tower tavern, where you heard that a couple chests of treasure may to lie beneath. All one has to do is gain access to the trap-door in the tower-base side of the building.

Someone can pay the tavern staff 4 gold coins for access to the dungeons beneath, where "none return from," but you have a good feeling this rainy evening that you will have no trouble slipping into the dungeon unnoticed, for free, and scoping the place out.

You know, because dwarves are known for sneaking and making no noise. But maybe that's just it, your whole life, people have never expected you to have honed any skills of stealthiness.

On the other hand, maybe you want to keep exploring the cold, rainy Neverwinter you are now in, and perhaps you will find something of interest elsewhere.

Suddenly, you see a child come out of the shadows across the street in another alley. You see him, and he sees you and looks away, uninterested... or intimidated. You recognize the look in his eyes, the fierce desperation that comes from living off the street, trying to supply a bite to eat, any way to survive.

The kid looks hungry. Clothes are tattered. Shoes are non-existent. But before you can look at him any more, he starts sprinting toward some objects down the alley from both of you. As you watch the scene unfold, you see the objects are... a camel? And two sheep?

You are unsure why these animals are sitting in the rain in the middle of the street, and you are even more unsure why the poor boy is sprinting after them. It is hard to see everything from the alley you are in.

Huzzah! I'm amazed. I might actually join in this game at some point if there's a slot. Until then, I will watch silently praying for your demi... success!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

As I recall, you were a sentient banana with points in streetwise.

I *do* remember my character, I just don't remember the precise details of the background, is all. I also don't think I ever had a character sheet. :unsure:

EDIT: For that matter, what happened to Wals' pseudo-Fallout game for which he actually wanted fantasy characters?

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Out of Character: Answers to some questions you all may have after I came out of nowhere to rekindle this game:

1. I have all of your information that you ever sent me and that I ever sent you. (WorstUsernameEver, this includes your character sheet and background)

2. I will make an Out of Character thread so we don't inundate this thread with our OOC inanity.

3. I am incredibly busy with school. 16 credits in Organic Chemistry, General Chemistry, and Physics I, with lab classes for each. However, I am not going to abandon this game as I did before when I got busy. My goal is to post at least once a week for at least two of the characters in this game. This game does have six different characters, including the NPC's I am working on, so a big part of this time is taken looking up the rules and filling out basic information and backgrounds for some of these critical and non-critical characters.

4. I have no doubt that this game will be hilarious and fun. You guys are too ridiculous for it not to be. I look forward to seeing what happens as we go. For now, I have only posted for Tigs and Walsy, but Worst, you are next, along with either awesomeness, Iwanttehkotor3, or deadlynightshade.

5. I don't even know if everyone will still be playing, but I am going to put the effort forth, and we do have Cant who could possibly fill in as substitute if absolutely necessary. Considering nothing has actually happened with the characters yet, it is possible that we will move on from a couple characters depending on their activity (read: they aren't playing), and incorporate Cant or someone else who is active with their own character. Cant may make an appearance with his awesome character he has developed for another game that could become an important part of this one. Anyway, that all depends on the actions you all take in this game. We will see what happens.

Peace,

Blank