Welcome to Blank's First DMing Experience.

Blank

Well, I'm neither understanding or supportive.

Pull your gaming socks up, man!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

whoa, more than a year to begin a campaign :o anyway, do we have any on-going campaigns in this forum? I'd love to read them.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

oooh, a Warhammer campaign :o

but wait, that's it? :o this forum really needs DMs

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Don't look at me, man. One of the main players is moving house and job.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

a Role-Playing forum, and not a single campaign... something is terribly wrong here

Walsingham said:

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, this is gonna happen. Don't worry.

BTW, I'm about to beat Alpha Protocol finally. Took me a while to find the time and sit down to play. I enjoyed it once I accepted the fact that it is not Splinter Cell. Another obstacle I had in beating this game was that I put it on Hard mode, and it is my first play through.

I don't give an Arcturian mega-f*** if you're about Alpha Protocol or not. Make with the GM!

-Elwood Blues

kind of offtopic, but who's this Hades/Sand etc. character? I keep seeing signatures with this user handle(s) :bat:

Walsingham said:

kind of offtopic, but who's this Hades/Sand etc. character? I keep seeing signatures with this user handle(s) :thumbsup:

A bit offtopic, yes, but here is his obituary.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Sand was a true gentleman, even if he was a colonial. I regret not knowing him better.

-Elwood Blues

Sand was a true gentleman, even if he was a colonial. I regret not knowing him better.

He was a funny man in his own way, I fondly remember his many arguements with Volo.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

oh, I see. a tragic story o:)

Walsingham said:

Yes. A bit like this one.

WHERE THE FUNT IS THE GM?

-Elwood Blues

• 2 months later...

If this thing ever happens, would there still be space for another player? Specifically, a player who has never actually played DnD before but is interested in learning it?

I tried finding local groups where I could try it out, but the closest one I can find is apparently three hours commuting away. Doesn't seem to be a lot of love for it in my area, and the only thing the local comic book shop does is TCGs. -.-'

I suspect that there is room. Start at the beginning and follow the instructions.

-Elwood Blues

I'd rather wait for Blank's answer since he's (supposedly) DMing this thing. If this thing happens and I'm allowed in, I'd like to play a Halfling Fighter (because there's simply something great about someone half your size trying to protect you). Keep in mind that my D&D experience begins and ends with BG2, so there may be some handholding involved when it comes to specifics. :shifty:

so there may be some handholding involved

:shifty:

-Elwood Blues

Well, I didn't miss much on this front... :)

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

This has to be the longest running NOT campaign ever.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Or perhaps the longest not running...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Or the campest not pain ever run?

-Elwood Blues

I'd love to run a game, but I have no understanding of the logistics for play-by-post. I've toyed with the idea of organizing a weekend game using some online tools.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."