Welcome to Blank's First DMing Experience.

Blank

I'll do some reading about class/race pairings, and get back to you sometime later today... I'm leaning towards a drow something-or-other though...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Any word on alignment? Will we tell you our alignment in private Blank? Will you even use them?

I have a couple of very rough character concepts in mind, I see if I manage to flesh them out into something interesting and then choose.

I may also just recycle a few of unused NPC from my prematurely dead D&D FR campaign and just roll with it though. :lol:

Hey, if Obsidian can do it with Van Buren, I can certainly do it with a D&D campaign. ;)

Hey guys, I don't believe 2E is legally available online, so you will probably have to resort to e-bay to get the books. For those who don't know, 2.5E was a colloquial reference to 2E with the Player's Option books. It wasn't an actual title of an edition or a revision. 2E was a fun system and served as the basis for the various games made with the Infinity Engine: BG series, IW series and Torment, as well as some older great D&D CRPGs, such Dark Sun: Shattered Lands (ah, the memories!).

3.5E D&D might be more accessible in terms of rules access, due to them being available online for free in the form of the SRD. Alternatively, the Pathfinder RPG (a development of 3.5E) also has rules available for free online (they are even hypertexted!) as PRD.

Good luck and have fun! ;)

At WorstUsername, ask me any questions about the system you have that you need clarification for. I can type out some this stuff for your personal reference quickly enough, and collect them on MS Word for the future if I ever do this again.

Alignment will be private, and it'll come into play as much as you guys make it come into play. There are some situations where it would definitely affect gameplay. For example, if someone played their character in a chaotic evil style, and they told me the next time they level up they want to train as a paladin, such a thing would not work.

I'll probably start you guys at level 2, but I will tell you more about how I'll handle leveling up later. For now, my main computer got a virus and I'll be using the majority of my time to work on getting it back together. So far my primary method has been making a boot disc for Knoppix, but it's not really a walk in the park for me. I had a lot of useful programs for this stuff on my main computer, so this will slow me down until I fix it. I'll keep you posted on that.

Conclusions: temporary halt to my distributing information for your characters. Keep fleshing them out. I approve of Walsingham's gnome illusionist, and Awesomeness' half-elf mage, but if the rest of you try to be magic users too, calculations and whatnot might get exponentially tricky for me. Not impossible, but remember that I'm an amateur here.

Edited by Blank

I want to be the party rogue, but I'm not sure if I can handle all the rules - will have to look it up. Maybe a gruff dwarf rogue who uses his ugly looks and cantankerous demeanour to put people off guard, then stab / steal.

I don't think we need to be planning the bloody group like a SWAT team. :)

EDIT: Not that I'm saying SWAT teams have a designated rogue.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you guys get desperate and have to switch versions, Crystal Keep seems to have a pretty extensive library of 3.0E and 3.5E documents for free.

Thanks Gfted. Since we haven't really gotten too far into it, we should vote on it. What do you guys think? It might help you all to have those resources there. On the other hand, 2e revised is a better version in my opinion.

Edited by Blank

I want to be the party rogue, but I'm not sure if I can handle all the rules - will have to look it up. Maybe a gruff dwarf rogue who uses his ugly looks and cantankerous demeanour to put people off guard, then stab / steal.

You mean you are going to make them vomit themselves unconscious by showing them your warty posterior? Good plan. I'd better buy some sort of large magnifying lense.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you guys get desperate and have to switch versions, Crystal Keep seems to have a pretty extensive library of 3.0E and 3.5E documents for free.

Thanks Gfted. Since we haven't really gotten too far into it, we should vote on it. What do you guys think? It might help you all to have those resources there. On the other hand, 2e revised is a better version in my opinion.

I vote 3.5, but that's just 'cause I've actually used it... And then I can be a warlock and do mad damage...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

If I have to vote for one I guess I'd go with 3.5 because that was in nwn2.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I know I bitched a lot about not bein' able to find a complete ruleset for 2nd ed. but really, for me it's fine either way, go with what you can DM better, especially setting-wise (which is basically my way of saying 'if we choose 3.5 you don't it to use its version of the Forgotten Realms' :lol: ).

I don't really understand either, so it's fine by me.

EDIT: I've just been told we have access to 3rd ed here. Not that that will help, since I'm too lazy to read it.

-Elwood Blues

So what's the verdict here? For that matter, when do you plan on getting started, Blank? I imagine it might take a bit to get it ready.

Which one is Waukeen, again?

-Elwood Blues

"The Merchant's Friend" Goddess of coin and wealth (Portfolio: money, trade, wealth). Enemies are Mask and the demon Graz'zt

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man