New videos from the game

Cool, those were both new to me. It blows my mind that AP is rated 18 in Europe. It cant be for the fade-to-black sex, so is it the violence?
Maybe they got paranoid because of the real world setting.

Anyway, there will be 2 new videos every day this week.

http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive-meet-...ie-171458.phtml

Sie is in her 40's? Wow, she looked much younger.

I think this is the first time we've seen a number put on her age, but prior materials have referred to her as a Stasi-trained agent, which most likely means that she was at least in her early 20s by the time the Stasi was dissolved in 1989.

Edited by Enoch

I think 40 looks pretty much right regarding SIE. They did pretty well in delivering an attractive, slightly older (but obviously well-trained) woman.

As much as I love the slightly off, sado-masochistic manners that we've seen, I hope there's a lot more going on with her as well. Sexual innuendo is all fine and well but I hope that not every conversation with her will be about that. The "debrief you" line was a bit of a groaner I think, haha.

She looks like a real fun character at any rate.

Loved the final line though, "I've taken down plenty of men like you. Some even enjoyed it." Great delivery.

Grigori seems like a pretty minor character by comparison, wonder if we'll even encounter him outside that bar.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Grigori seems like a pretty minor character by comparison, wonder if we'll even encounter him outside that bar.

We know that you can buy equipment from him after the initial bar meeting. No future face-to-face meetings have been mentioned that I know of, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by Enoch

Cool, those were both new to me. It blows my mind that AP is rated 18 in Europe. It cant be for the fade-to-black sex, so is it the violence?

Based on a quick look at the shelf, so are Mass Effect 2, Heavy Rain and Bioshock, at least (those are 3/5 games I can see from here without getting up). A rating of 18 doesn't carry any automatic "brown paper bag sales only" results in (most of) Europe, so it's way more common than AO in the U.S.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I decidedly liked Mike in it, at the very least. Leland is less demonstrative than Sie, but he was good too. I wonder who will be the next character... Braykio perhaps? Steven Heck? Sis or Albatross?

Edited by Sannom

Yeah, Mike was great in that clip. Leland seems like he will have a big role in the game as well, especially given the stuff in the Man Alone trailer as well as the flash forward stuff. Also, I recognize that voice actor... Has he done anything else recently?

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I must say Mike's voice acting is growing on me. I don't know, maybe it was the way he delivered his lines in the video, but it sounded COOL.

Mind you, Obsidian has an history of good voice acting (I've been replaying the NWN2 campaing in its original language in January and I must say the voice actors of the companions really nailed it), but still, it's good to know that the game will have quality voice acting.

He's done a lot of voicework it seems, probably just heard him in a game somewhere and it stuck. But yeah, his voice (for Leland) just rings a bell somehow... Definitely wouldn't have guessed him doing Shaheed also, though we haven't heard too much from him.

As far as the voiceacting goes, I think AP will really deliver here. I believe it's the same company that handled games like Bloodlines and Mask of the Betrayer that's handled AP, should mean quality. I'll say that Mike is great in these videos, and I think SIE is extremely well done also. Leland seems like he will be awesome as well.

EDIT: Haha, sweet. James Hong is in the game.

Edited by Starwars

I keep feeling like I know Mike's voice from somewhere... but tsk.. nothing springs out from his imdb listing.. It's starting to annoy me now...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Kristoffer Tabori (HK-47) is playing Grigori, so I'm about as happy as it gets with the voice acting in this game. :lol:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

May 27 = Aus/NZ

June 1 = US

28 might be European.

We get the game before everyone else? Am I reading that correctly?

Hey, we live in GMT +8/+10, with the exception of a few Pacific Islanders, we do things before most people every day :lol:

Edit: Well, that and somewhere in Russias far east.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

May 28th is so close. :lol: Then again, so are my exams.

There's something that bothers me - why the characters are older than they look? C'mon, Leland doesn't look much older than Mike, but the video says he's 55.

bo2honau2csr9e70g28.png