Character Vignettes

The one for Brayko is up :

http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/dtv.phtml#145199

That guy is one crazy loon :o I still love Michael's VO. The one for Brayko is good too, he's got good deliveries on the insane lines!

He manages to sound both incredibly young and immature and dangerously crazy.

From what we've seen 'till now it looks like the game mixes completely crazy, over-the-top characters with more business-like, complex ones.

Curious to see how they mesh.

"I'm gonna cut you up!" While aiming SMGs at Mike. Retard. :thumbsup:

I've heard that too much 80s pop culture can have that effect on a person.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I wonder if the young, crazy and obsessed russian mob boss is a trope I'm not aware of :lol: There is an antagonist in a french comic book that reminds me a lot of Brayko : young russian mob boss, ax crazy and completely sadistic, completely obsessed not by 80s culture but by Chopin...

Not crazy about this guy, might be my dislike for 80s pop culture though, hehe. I like the whole knife schtick though, and pimping out his own sisters at a young age certainly sets the scene of this guy being a dangerous loony. I said this before somewhere, but I do hope there's more depth to these characters beyond the outer insanity of Brayko or the sexual innuendo of SIE. OEI has great writers, so I really hope these characters aren't just one-beat characters so to speak.

My fav so far is definitely Leland. I look forward to seeing the tension between him and Mike, looks like it could be good.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Could have given her a few more lines in this trailer.. the only thing I learned here is that she's hot. :sorcerer:

-Operational Area: Tai Pei

-Good instincts ("There's somehing about you.. makes me think I might just be sitting next to a headline.")

-Journalist (yeah, we knew that, lot's of other people probably not)

-Unknown employer

-She's a hot.. talent

-Few lines, but a good look at her personality

Edited by Oner

-Good instincts ("There's somehing about you.. makes me think I might just be sitting next to a hitman.")

I think she said "headline", not "hitman".

But yeah, guessing there's a lot more to this chick than meets the eye. It will be intriguing to see how the relationship/influence system affects how all these characters play out in the end.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Leland

Still looking good. I'm enjoying these.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Ugh that video player is just... ewww.

Anyways, cool trailer, lots of stuff we've already seen though.

EDIT: So many spoilers. :)

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Man, too much PR. :)

Love Leland's voice acting, it's got the archetype down but also adds a bit of unique style. Didn't get that so much with the journo chick who looks a bit more cliche, but we'll see, I think there's a lot to find out there.

Could have given her a few more lines in this trailer.. the only thing I learned here is that she's hot. :)

-Operational Area: Tai Pei

-Good instincts ("There's somehing about you.. makes me think I might just be sitting next to a headline.")

-Journalist (yeah, we knew that, lot's of other people probably not)

-Unknown employer

-She's a hot.. talent

-Few lines, but a good look at her personality

I watched the video, thanks. :lol:

Just sayin' that compared to other videos it seemed rather... short on lines for her. Mike said almost everything.

I'm not watching any of these (decided to keep myself as unspoiled as possible), but glad to see the action ramping up. Scandinavian Gamestop has the preorder bonuses, so going to pay them a visit next week. Hope I won't be disappointed in investing in the PS3 version...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I really liked both of those. Mina has been one of those characters that seems pretty key and friendly to Thorton, I wonder what she's really up to.

We didn't know anything about Conrad afaik (just saw him in a trailer or something), seems pretty awesome.

Kinda enjoyed these little vignettes, they were pretty fun.

Ah, the question of how much are spoilers, and how much is just pure tease... At least tis but one more month before I can sink my teeth into this.. :ermm:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."