Fallout: New Vegas

Damn, it's beautiful.

I know, right? They really went for the full court press/hail Mary, or some other sports analogy that I don't actually understand.

Who ever put this thing together seems to have really scoured every applicable fo:nv forum for all the best ideas.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

I'm a little concerned about the extent of the "humor" in the game. Humor is pretty hard to pull of without being stupid. I hope Obs is smart enough to keep it on the back burner. As far as I know, there are no great humorists working at Obsidian.

I take it you didn't much appreciate Fallout 2?

Nope. ****ing hated it. Or close enough. Fallout 3 was more enjoyable. generally speaking, as a game. Overall. Bad attempts at humor wasn't my only reason for disliking the game however. But it was a contributing factor.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

As far as I know, there are no great humorists working at Obsidian.

Oh man, that's HARSH. :)

It wasn't meant to be be harsh. Humor is difficult to do well. Not everyone can suceed. Bad humor is cringe-inducing and painful when it fails. One of the most uncomfortable things is watching a bad comedian onstage.

Sure, **** and fart jokes aren't too hard, but pushing into more substantial attempts at humor becomes quite difficult.

edit: why the heck is that word censored. That's silly.

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I must be alone in being underwhelmed at the offerings in that CE, the behind the scenes DVD does sound intriguing though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Damn, it's beautiful.

Agreed. And it will cost $100.00. And Ill probably still buy it. :)

Gamestop is listing $69.99 for pc, $79.99 for consoles.

[edit]: if that's accurate, I think it's a heck of a deal.

Edited by Mikhailian

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

well, i just pre-ordered it like the Fallout fanboy i am. you're welcome, Sawyer. i hope i don't regret it like i did the last time.

I must be alone in being underwhelmed at the offerings in that CE, the behind the scenes DVD does sound intriguing though.

seriously? an Avellone-penned graphic novel? dude.

Edited by TwinkieGorilla

Mostly curious about that, but still, not going to fork out that much cash for curiosity's sake. Then again, this offer won't last forever, so. Shame you can't pick the components, could knock the price down a good bit :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To quote myself from the the bethboards:

"Lol. Reading the article in person, and I just noticed the subtle RevCo reference on page 64."

Maybe I'll just break my rule of no investing in CEs and their useless clutter with increased price. Just this once.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Gamestop is listing $69.99 for pc, $79.99 for consoles.

[edit]: if that's accurate, I think it's a heck of a deal.

So Far, The Witcher is the best CE I've bought. The artbook was really nice!

I'm not sure how to feel about the comic. On one hand, Fallout Dark Horse comic written by MCA. On the other hand, someone else wrote NV's story, so why isn't s/he writing the comic too?

Chris took part in the writing of the story, as far as I know. Also, he already has some experience in comics. And just because Chris is known to write a lot of the stuff in the games he leads, doesn't mean it's true for every designer out there.

I know, right? The difference in price is eaten up by the graphic novel alone.

I would have loved a bit sillier things. Like a small jutebag full of (fake) Mojave desert sand.. or a flash memory stick shaped as a poker chip.. or rugged glow-in-the-dark anti-radiation stickers.. Just absolute crap as mood enhancers.

It looks good though.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I would have loved a bit sillier things. Like a small jutebag full of (fake) Mojave desert sand.. or a flash memory stick shaped as a poker chip.. or rugged glow-in-the-dark anti-radiation stickers.. Just absolute crap as mood enhancers.

It looks good though.

I agree.

What about a "My other car is missing its fuel cell controller" bumper sticker?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm not sure how to feel about the comic. On one hand, Fallout Dark Horse comic written by MCA. On the other hand, someone else wrote NV's story, so why isn't s/he writing the comic too?

Maybe he was busy? Also Avellone has already experience with writing comic's scripts.