Fallout: New Vegas

Oppressive

Desperate

But not claustrophobic.

I stand corrected. Happy now? :lol:

Anyway, remember how FO2 had that feeling even in wacky open environments in the middle of the desert (e.g. New Reno)? All I'm saying is it could be possible, with a little color tweaking, to achieve the same effect. A small but crucial effect that made the originals unique, imo.

The use of lighting and colors can do wonders to the atmosphere. Which reminds me about how eastern european games (like the Witcher and Arma 2 for example) seem to be using less overpowering colors and more natural lighting and thus succeed in creating greater atmosphere than their western counterparts. Is that some East Europe thing or what, I don't know, but I do wish other developers used that technique too.

I think western gamers / developers love their "blingz" :lol:

Oooh shiny... :p

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Question out of nowhere: Were there AutoDocs in FO 3?

I didn't see one, so I guess they were a "western thing".

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Anyway, remember how FO2 had that feeling even in wacky open environments in the middle of the desert (e.g. New Reno)? All I'm saying is it could be possible, with a little color tweaking, to achieve the same effect. A small but crucial effect that made the originals unique, imo.

Agreed.

I dunno, the screenies I've seen tend towards being more goofball than grimey.

what? noooooo....

tabithahead.jpg

true grit!

But... you have the same sunglasses.... isn't that the...... same..... and grit.... um..... Look a MILKSHAKE! :p

Edited by Undecaf

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Eyes......hurt..... :p

Question out of nowhere: Were there AutoDocs in FO 3?

Not exactly "AutoDocs" as in previous games, but there was a Mr. Gutsy medic robot in the Citadel's infirmary, on which you could run a diagnostic to repair if you had enough science skill.

But... you have the same sunglasses.... isn't that the...... same..... and grit.... um..... Look a MILKSHAKE! :p

that ain't me, buster. ;)

(p.s. i knew i knew you from somewhere else!)

I know, and jokes are what I (usually) try to do (if the discussion isn't about general RPG mechanics). So cheers (tried to continue what you put up, no offence meant, just a quick continuation). :):p

Edit: Gaddamn: The drunken mind...... :(

Edited by Undecaf

lawlz...dude, there was no offense to be had. i knew you were joking. :)

Yes. A good example of "don't drink'n write". I'm off to some aspirin now....

The Beth's forums are.. whacky.

I just read a closed topic about how Obsidian has stolen all the hard work of the modding community and people that play on PC already own Fallout : New Vegas. :ermm:

If it was a joke, it would be "meh". When it's serious, it's scary... :ermm:

Whoever came up with that gem obviously doesn't know anything about the development process of games. I would even go as far as to say "anything about games". :)

I just read a closed topic about how Obsidian has stolen all the hard work of the modding community and people that play on PC already own Fallout : New Vegas. :wub:

Whoever came up with that gem obviously doesn't know anything about the development process of games. I would even go as far as to say "anything about games". :ninja:

I'm not joking. Not to mention the fact that apparently, just because a couple of features in New Vegas (just weapon modding and Hardcore mode, really) have been inspired by mods, he feels like he already owns the game, by his reasoning, since he added those features to Fallout 3 with mods. HUM. :ermm:

(just weapon modding and Hardcore mode, really)

Not to mention that weaponmods and some of the features of HC-mode were in the original games already.

Half of FO 3's plot was glued together from FO 1-2, so I guess Beth owes me at least one free copy of FO 3. :ninja:

No matter what Bethesda would've concocted for FO3, it would never have been Fallout enough. *snicker*

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Half of FO 3's plot was glued together from FO 1-2, so I guess Beth owes me at least one free copy of FO 3. :ninja:

No matter what Bethesda would've concocted for FO3, it would never have been Fallout enough. *snicker*

I just would've settled with decent writing personally, since nothing will be 'Fallout' enough (though I'm still not convinced that super heroes fit, my dear friend Gromnir :wub: ) for some people.

... Bethesda really dropped the ball in that department.

I just read a closed topic about how Obsidian has stolen all the hard work of the modding community and people that play on PC already own Fallout : New Vegas. :wub:

Whoever came up with that gem obviously doesn't know anything about the development process of games. I would even go as far as to say "anything about games". :ninja:

I'm not joking. Not to mention the fact that apparently, just because a couple of features in New Vegas (just weapon modding and Hardcore mode, really) have been inspired by mods, he feels like he already owns the game, by his reasoning, since he added those features to Fallout 3 with mods. HUM. :ermm:

Not you, I meant the guy / people who brought that up. And yeah, I know it wasn't a joke. That's the scary part... :ermm:

I just read a closed topic about how Obsidian has stolen all the hard work of the modding community and people that play on PC already own Fallout : New Vegas. o:)

there's an entire thread at DAC dedicated to the special people from that forum. ;)

I just read through about 3-4 pages of that thread.

Although funny at times, it was mostly depressing.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.