Real-Life Re-Spec

Monte Carlo

So you are offered the little red pill. Take it, and you can change all of your existing real-life skills, qualifications, strengths, weaknesses and other attributes. Of course, you can only change skills you actually have, but enhance them at the expense of others. I'd happily trade some of my professional qualifications for, say, a foreign language. How about you? Do a real-life re-spec...

sonsofgygax.JPG

Aside from the obvious "having a bigger ****"

- geek talent

+ musical talent

- being frugal

+ not getting a hangover from a sixpack (turning 30 sucks ass)

- muscle mass

+ intelligence and wisdom

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

- self confidence when speaking with women I'm not particularly attracted to

+ self confidence when speaking with women I really fancy

- manly, attractive legs

+ a head of hair that doesn't look permanently weak, balding and unruffled.

- excellent hearing

+ a personal soundtrack always playing in the background, which applies perfectly to whatever situation I'm in

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

- Origins: Korean Citizen

+ Origins: US Citizen

- Nearly Exhaustive Knowledge of LOTR Setting

+ Ability to Get Up Early

That's about it.

- Weird rib cage shape

+ An actual jawline, you know, with a real chin?

- Video Game skill/Geek knowledge

+ Some initiative/Perseverance

Seriously, I have no chin. It's insanely annoying.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

+ a personal soundtrack always playing in the background, which applies perfectly to whatever situation I'm in

A mate and I once joked about having our own personal pan flute player following us everywhere we went, saying nothing but playing a wise tune whenever we said anything.

Anyway,

- Rubik's Cube solving skills (I can solve it in under 3 minutes, which is realy of no use whatsoever other than impressing nerds)

+ drumming skills (currently at about 0)

Edited by Pope

- overly sharp teeth

+ slightly longer legs

- warm and nutritious layer of stored fat

+ a working spine

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

- ability to quote HP7 from memory

+ working thyroid

- random trivia

+ instant loss of 150 lbs.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

This is very tricky because Im mediocre at a lot of things, but I wouldnt want to suck at some things to do others better. Would it be worth it to zero mediocre music skills to up mediocre drawing skills? And would it be worth it to gain expertise in mathematics, if I had to forget everything I know about history?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

And would it be worth it to gain expertise in mathematics, if I had to forget everything I know about history?

One might acidly observe that on this forum having no knowledge of history appears to be positively liberating to the point of carnival.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And would it be worth it to gain expertise in mathematics, if I had to forget everything I know about history?

One might acidly observe that on this forum having no knowledge of history appears to be positively liberating to the point of carnival.

:thumbsup::shifty::p

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS