So Saudi Arabia, Rome, Moscow and Taiwan (I hope I'm remembering correctly) ?

Plus, possibly, some mysterious end location inevitably set in the US?

June 1st can't come soon enough. :)

May 28th for us europeans. :(

I can't ewait...i envy you Worstuser. :)

May 28th for us europeans. :(

I can't ewait...i envy you Worstuser. :)

I'm ordering it from the UK though (it's cheaper that way) so I'll probably be playing it in June too, like everyone else.

I probably won't even have that much time, considering pretty much all my exams are in June. :)

June 1st can't come soon enough. :*

I just perorder the ps3 verison :lol: So is sega handling the ps3 version or is obsidian Alvin?

Edited by Kamille Bidan

Playstation ID: GaMeCuBeFLOP

I just perorder the ps3 verison :lol: So is sega handling the ps3 version or is obsidian Alvin?

I'm not a developer, but I guess answering to you would be quicker than letting you wait their answer (nice guys developers, but also pretty busy) : all the three versions of the game have been developed in-house at the same time, which is what you were asking I guess, so no port done by some SEGA's company or anything like that.

I'm not a developer, but I guess answering to you would be quicker than letting you wait their answer (nice guys developers, but also pretty busy) : all the three versions of the game have been developed in-house at the same time, which is what you were asking I guess, so no port done by some SEGA's company or anything like that.

Thanks for answers my question :) Can't wait for two more weeks ...got it paid in full $64.64..my poor wallet:(

Playstation ID: GaMeCuBeFLOP

HuF value dropped this week so I double checked the game's price on the shop's homepage where I'm going to buy it.

Heart almost stopped when I saw 13k instead of 9k. Then I noticed it's the X360 version's price tag.

Phew.

Starcraft II OTOH will cost 13k. Gundamit.

Edited by Oner

13000 forints is still 20 cents cheaper than the $60 we pay here in the states. 9000 forints is only a little over $41. Sounds pretty good to me.

Edited by Archmonarch

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

13000 forints is still 20 cents cheaper than the $60 we pay here in the states. 9000 forints is only a little over $41. Sounds pretty good to me.

The PC version is only $50 in the US.

It's still scary when out of nowhere they raise the price by 50%.

I just perorder the ps3 verison >_< So is sega handling the ps3 version or is obsidian Alvin?

Thanks for the answer. :)

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

There is an interview of Matt Hickman at IGN :

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1089605p1.html

Nothing new, although I'm wondering who's the character he's talking about... I can only think of Sis which we can kill or spare right after meeting her (heck, the choices are exactly this!).

Also, what's with the "we" :) ? Isn't he Assistant Producer at Sega? It's especially weird when he says that "we" have a close history with Bioware >_< Also, I think he separated more the two companies in previous interviews...

There is an interview of Matt Hickman at IGN :

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1089605p1.html

Nothing new, although I'm wondering who's the character he's talking about... I can only think of Sis which we can kill or spare right after meeting her (heck, the choices are exactly this!).

Also, what's with the "we" :) ? Isn't he Assistant Producer at Sega? It's especially weird when he says that "we" have a close history with Bioware >_< Also, I think he separated more the two companies in previous interviews...

Maybe he has been tempted by the dark side and he will become Obsidian's new PR guy?

After all he's as much 'Alpha Protocol's face' as the programmers, even more actually.

Edit : Scrap it, now that I think about it I'm not making any sense.

Another edit : From the last answer I'm really getting a 'as long as sales are decent we'll do a sequel'. After all, now that Obsidian has the tone, characters and the systems down, they can just concentrate on fine-tuning them and work on the presentation department (graphics mainly, I believe that if the game was at the same level of graphic detail as ME2 people would be drooling about it by now... sad but true).

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Kill or let live != save or let die. :shifty:

Freelancer

Fearless from birth, the only thought that ever caused you an ounce of panic was the thought of a 9-to-5 job. After a remarkable college career, you vanished off the radar of the known world to make your fortune. According to your dossier, you've been a mercenary in Africa, a bodyguard to the Sultan of Brunei, the on-again-off-again paramour of a European princess, and the holder of three patents in Great Britain.

While the truth is somewhere in the middle, one thing that is clear: your skills caught the attention of some very important people in the espionage world.

Why do I get the feeling I'm going to go freelancer first playthrough.... :-

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Freelancer

Fearless from birth, the only thought that ever caused you an ounce of panic was the thought of a 9-to-5 job. After a remarkable college career, you vanished off the radar of the known world to make your fortune. According to your dossier, you've been a mercenary in Africa, a bodyguard to the Sultan of Brunei, the on-again-off-again paramour of a European princess, and the holder of three patents in Great Britain.

While the truth is somewhere in the middle, one thing that is clear: your skills caught the attention of some very important people in the espionage world.

Why do I get the feeling I'm going to go freelancer first playthrough.... :-

I lol'd irl at that backstory, but I think I'll be going field agent for my first playthrough, which will be professional/aggressive, focusing on (unsilenced, silencers are for wusses) pistols and martial arts with a bit of stealth.

Second playthrough will be suave/aggressive freelancer focusing on SMGs and shotgun.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

What game is this from?

Alpha_Protocol_1.jpg

That sure doesn't look like the game we have been waiting for, now if that is a set of armor in the game then freaking awesome. But really? Looks more along the lines the game Dark Void or something more sci-fi.

LOL. I didn't think anyone would be dumb enough to include the mislabeled screenshots in an actual preview.

And finally a full description of the crit system for each weapon. Sounds awesome:

Pistol

The pistol is the weapon you use in close to midrange encounters. When used at close range, a pistol can be trained on a target until crosshairs appear in the Target Reticule. When these crosshairs close in on the centre of the Target Reticule, the next shot will be a Critical Hit

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Pistol

The pistol is the weapon you use in close to midrange encounters. When used at close range, a pistol can be trained on a target until crosshairs appear in the Target Reticule. When these crosshairs close in on the centre of the Target Reticule, the next shot will be a Critical Hit – inflicting additional damage.

SMG

The submachine gun lays down a torrent of suppressive fire. Multiple hits with the SMG activate a Critical Hit Streak – increasing future hits until the shooting spree ends or you reload.

ASSAULT RIFLE

The assault rifle is the gun for the tactician. A weapon fine-tuned with surgical precision, used for targets that have taken cover or are at a great distance. Its raw damage output makes it the weapon best suited to cracking heavily armoured targets. The assault rifle fires 3-round bursts with impressive stopping power. By steadying your aim over any point in space, you can line up a Critical Hit that will fire all three shots of the next burst in the exact same spot. You can see how close you are to lining up a Critical Hit by watching the crosshairs in the Target Reticule – when the crosshairs close into the dead centre of the Target Reticule, your next shot will be a perfectly grouped Critical Hit.

SHOTGUN

Suitable for short range encounters, the shotgun launches a cloud of small projectiles in one staggering blast. By holding down the Left trigger, you can steady the shotgun for Critical Hit that knocks down anything in its path. When the Left trigger is held, the Target Reticule will fill up with a circular indicator – when that indicator is a complete circle, the next shot will be a Critical Hit.

Nice info...if that is part of AP then there is no doubt that the game will be a blast.

Edited by Alpha