"For a game that focuses on guns and gadgets, youd think Obsidian would have at least included the trusty headshot. "

...I thought there were headshots?

I'm actually pretty sure there were and there are headshots, but then, anyway, this preview IS bad.. I mean, hacking is a nod to Mass Effect.. how exactly? :ermm:

Wasn't the best preview with the repeated comparing things to Bioware games... And yeah I saw that "hacking being a nod to Mass Effect" and had a wtf moment. I really do get the feeling that a lot of people seem to get very focused on a very basic approach when they look at some games...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"For a game that focuses on guns and gadgets, youd think Obsidian would have at least included the trusty headshot. "

...I thought there were headshots?

I'm actually pretty sure there were and there are headshots, but then, anyway, this preview IS bad.. I mean, hacking is a nod to Mass Effect.. how exactly? :ermm:

I think they said headshots have a bigger chance to crit. Maybe Matt could cla-

...dammit. >.<

Now that was just bad preview. I'm fairly certain I've seen headshots in the promo materials so far and since when are collectable trophies a nod to Mass Effect 2? Not to mention hacking minigame...

Hate the living, love the dead.

As soon as the reviewer mentioned how we couldn't play a female Mike I stopped reading.

To clarify, I don't have a problem with the choice of making the protagonist either gender, but if that's what reviewers are citing as negatives at this stage, then they aren't seeing how a limited customization can make a game better.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I do hope that there is some bonus associated with headshots. It does seem that way since many of the preview videos have the player aiming at the head, like that fairly recent Saudi Arabia mission vid with Matthew Hickman playing.

But yeah, bad preview. See, I don't really mind bringing up Mass Effect as a comparison per say but really, the previewers have to look a bit deeper. Saying that everything is a nod to Mass Effect is pretty stupid.

From what we've seen in videos, I also don't think ME2 compares that favorably in terms of facial animation. I hardly feel ME2 was a groundbreaker in that area and it had its share of freakish facial impressions at times. I still laugh whenever I think of Jacob doing his stoneface, salute and exit routine.

But yeah, I might have a hard time spotting these things in general.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Headshots were almost certainly in. The only person suggesting otherwise is the same reviewer that can't remember any game before January 2010, so I don't really worry.

945400_20100413_embed004.jpg

Now that looks like good lighting.

re: video - man, the dialogue is REALLY fast. You're really going to have to think fast, be very tense.

Yea, I also like that the conversations cant be restarted so you can just say something else, in this game, it looks like once youve said somethin, it's said, which is nice... I cant count the number of times I was tempted to cheat during the conversations on Mass Effect..

Edited by Trustin

Now that's what I like to see, info about the game and not opinions about what you can and can't do. Yeah I know, opinions are important, Yahtzee makes a living off them, but he at least waits til the game is released.

I can't wait to try out the dialogue system. I wanna know what Mike said to that one gal in the orange top. One scene they're sitting on the bed. Next time we see her she's hitting him over the head with a chair. Repeatedly. :)

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Especially since the gameplay looks to be a lot more diverse than Mass Effect as well.

Still, I like the video. We can apparently see that Mike had taken another direction with the miniboss in the Saudi Arabia area here. It looks like Mike had snuck up upon him here, catching him unawares. I wonder if there are more ways to "solve it" so to speak.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yeah, Molten Face didn't see anything coming on that one :) Wonder if we can talk to him or reach Shaheed without blowing up his Stryker. His profile on the website says that he appreciates people who makes research before meeting him, so I suppose that we will have an opportunity for a prepared, not violent, encounter with him.

Still, good preview and good interview. Nothing new in that last one, but it sums up nicely what the game is about! It also shows that those people who complained about the lack of head-shots were either morons or eyes deficient.

Wonder if we can talk to him or reach Shaheed without blowing up his Stryker. His profile on the website says that he appreciates people who makes research before meeting him, so I suppose that we will have an opportunity for a prepared, not violent, encounter with him.

I sure hope there is. It would go perfectly with "your weapon is choice". Forcing one to blow the Stryker up would go against that.

I sure hope there is. It would go perfectly with "your weapon is choice". Forcing one to blow the Stryker up would go against that.

I was re-watching that cam vid just now, and the handler (Yance I guess) mentions that if Mike can sneak his way past, then the convoy obviously won't be alerted to his presence. So it appears there is some choice there.

I re-watched that interview, is it me or is the interface for the weapons different than what we've seen before? I remember lower numbers for the different stats, and a bar that filled up, as if there was a maximum to attain.