NHL

Gorth

Bahhh, **** San Jose.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

nice to see marleau get on the board tonight. really thought detroit had it in them to win it but whatever. Not really interested in the western conference final anyway.

hopefully gonna see the lightning take the cup.

Jeremy Roenick should shut his stupid mouth! What a stupid moronic tool. :) I'm glad SJ won.

VAN over SJ in 7.

TB over BOS in 6.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ok, current results:

Mkreku - 9/12 overall, went 1/4 in the last round, giving us a chance to catch him. Very sporting of you. 3 exact games guessed overall.

Hurlshot - 8/12, 3/4 in the last round. It was painful, but I did guess that SJ would win in 7, giving me 4 exact games overall.

Volo - 7/12, 2/4 in the last round with 3 exact games guessed.

Kor - 6/12, 1/4 overall still wih zero exact games guessed.

Krookie didn't have any predictions in the last round that I could find.

Pretty tight competition so far!

Boston over Tampa in 5 - I think this will go badly for one team, like possible sweep badly, but I think it could be either of them. It is odd that the only team with a recent cup win left is the Bolts. I'm choosing the Bruins because I am a fan, but I am not very confident about it.

San Jose over Vancouver in 6 - I think San Jose is a deeper team, it will really come down to how much they have left in the tank after the Detroit series. That and if Loungo is shaky or not.

I think it's funny how some of the media is asking whether Detroit should rebuild. There is not another team in the league that has been more successful than the Wings in the past two decades. One goal away from advancing to the conference finals is pretty impressive to me.

No doubt they'll find a few more cast offs from other teams and draft some elite player in the sixth round of the draft.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The problem with so called 'experts' and 'fans' is that they always go overboard no matter what. You would think the Sharks are the Chosen Ones now because they managed to win a close game 7 while Detroit, like yoiu said, somehow 'needs to rebuild'. This just after weverything was reversed and people were trashing the Sharks and kisisng the Wings' butt....

This is even true in back and forth 1 win 1 loss series.

Makes me laugh.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

:D

Nm, missed the version already posted in the other thread. Well, at least anyone who wants to hear the manicness of Finland's favourite sports commentator can get their dose in hte link above...

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

In other news, Derek Boogard passed away at 28, they haven't announced a cause. He had dealt with concussions and was out most of the season, I get the feeling that might have something to do with his death. They haven't announced the cause of death yet, but what a tragic story.

Goddamn I used to hate when the Oilers were playing Minnesota. Boogard was just nasty to play against. Probably one of the best fighters of the last five years. Too bad, he will be missed.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The problem with so called 'experts' and 'fans' is that they always go overboard no matter what. You would think the Sharks are the Chosen Ones now because they managed to win a close game 7 while Detroit, like yoiu said, somehow 'needs to rebuild'. This just after weverything was reversed and people were trashing the Sharks and kisisng the Wings' butt....

This is even true in back and forth 1 win 1 loss series.

Makes me laugh.

Another example here in Vancouver, a few of the drivers that come into our warehouse have been talking about how the 'nucks need to ditch the Sedins because they haven't been performing in the playoffs. Um... Both are in the top 5 for points in the regular season, with Daniel at #1. Both are in the top 3 for assists, Daniel is in the top 5 for goals. These guys are some of the top players in the entire league, and because they've had a slow playoff run they want to ditch them completely. Its silly.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

But their arena holds 2000 more people now :) !!

I've heard if it does go down, the Thrashers/Jets won't even be switching divisions. I say take Detroit out of the West, move Colorado into their spot, and let the relocated team slug it out in the Northwest Division. It would probably be cheaper for all involved.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Congratulations, Vancouver! For the first time in YEARS did a team I actually like make it to the finals! And it was a tough break for San Jose, but.. 4-1? I must say I thought they would dance with the Sedin sisters a little longer than that. Chicago looked much more dangerous.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!