NHL

Gorth

Very busy day. I'm excited the Sharks picked up Nittymaki, I think he will fill the starting job for next year and make it hard for their prospect to earn the job. He isn't as consistent as Nabokov, but he can steal a few games for a team.

Maholtra went to Vancouver for three years and 7.5 million, and that is a good signing for the Canucks. Maybe a bit pricey, but the guy is one of the better third line centers in the game. He wins a sick amount of faceoffs and is great on the PK.

It just doesn't make sense to me why Calgary would ditch Jokinen and Tanguay and then resign them. Neither one had stellar seasons with the Flames last time around.

I like the moves the Oilers made. Two different types of defencemen: a rugged stay at home guy in Jim Vandermeer, and an decent offensive d-man in Kurtis Foster. Now trade Souray for a draft pick to offset the salary. If only they could be so lucky.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It just doesn't make sense to me why Calgary would ditch Jokinen and Tanguay and then resign them. Neither one had stellar seasons with the Flames last time around.

I like the moves the Oilers made. Two different types of defencemen: a rugged stay at home guy in Jim Vandermeer, and an decent offensive d-man in Kurtis Foster. Now trade Souray for a draft pick to offset the salary. If only they could be so lucky.

Jokinen had a horrible season, but Tanguay had a pretty decent season. It was below his usual production, but 58 points is hardly a bad season. Jokinen though is just, I dunno what they were thinking bringing him back.

Edited by Deraldin

Calgary's got a little over 2 million in cap space with 19 players under contract. Gotta think they'll be looking to deal big time before summer is over.

I'm excited the Leafs picked up Versteeg, and a little less excited they got Colby Armstrong, but only a little. The last couple seasons, whenever the Leafs played the Thrashers, he always seemed to be in the play, around the puck, in front of the net. Now he plays for my team. :thumbsup:

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Tanguay slipped even more so playing with Tampa Bay last year.

And hey, if any NHL GMs are reading this thread, please feel free to pluck Sheldon Souray off the waiver wire.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Devils sign Kovalchuk to a 17 year-$102 million deal.

That is an insane contract. I guess they are trying to get around the salary cap? I'm guessing he won't be playing from age 39-44 for half a million a season, but if I'm wrong, you folks can call me on it in 12 years.

As a Devils fan this was the best news I've ever heard. Kovy stepping in is going to be huge. He can play point on the PP with Paul Martin out in Pittsburg (right?). I can't wait for the season to start

• 2 months later...

Nice to see Henrik Sedin being named captain for Vancouver. Well deserved, the guy is a class act. I wonder what his brother will be?

Also, it's great that the NHL are playing a few games in Sweden each year. But why did they choose San Jose Sharks and Columbus? The stars in Sweden are the Sedins, Niklas B

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Nice to see Henrik Sedin being named captain for Vancouver. Well deserved, the guy is a class act. I wonder what his brother will be?

Also, it's great that the NHL are playing a few games in Sweden each year. But why did they choose San Jose Sharks and Columbus? The stars in Sweden are the Sedins, Niklas B

I started out the season dead last in my work hockey pool. That's never happened in the near decade or so I've been entered.

The Oilers looked pretty good on opening night. And not so **** hot against Florida in their second game. Its been so long since Khabibulin played for them that I've forgotten what its like for a goalie to steal a win for the team.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Leafs are 3-0! Woo! I just looked it up and last season it was Nov 21st before they recorded their 3rd win. Holy crap.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Blackhawks look pretty blah so far, I suspect that will be the case for 20 games or so

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it eight losses in a row now? Go Leafs go.

And why is Edmonton insisting on keeping Omark in the minors? He played well in the preseason (1G 2 A in 3 games), got sent down anyhow, and now he's scoring five goals in one game in the bush league (17 games 10 G 9 A). Yeah, Edmonton, you're doing so great with your existing line-up, why try a new player.. Sigh.

He used to play for my favourite Swedish Elite League team, LHF. I hate how he's wasting away in the AHL when he could be helping my team instead.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!