NHL

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Lets leave the trolling in the old thread guys. Saves me having to put people in the penalty box... :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Western Conference:

San Jose vs. Colorado - Of course I'm rooting for San Jose, but I do think this is a good match up for them. Colorado is young and will be lucky to win one. San Jose in 5.

Chicago versus Nashville - The Preds always surprise me at their ability to get in the playoffs. But they've yet to surprise in the playoffs and Chicago should roll in 5.

Vancouver versus Los Angeles - Another young team in LA, and I don't see them having a chance to upset a solid 'Nucks team. VAN in 5

Phoenix versus Detroit - A terrible pull for the Yotes, who really had a great season. Wings in 5.

East:

Caps versus Canadiens - I think the Habs will put up a good fight, but still lose in 6.

New Jersey versus Philly - Philly dominated the regular season versus the Devils. I'm going to call an upset and give the Flyers the nod in 7.

Buffalo versus Boston - I like Boston, so I'll give them the win in 7. Tough series though.

Pittsburgh versus Ottawa - Pens should roll here in 5.

SJ vs COL: Would not be surprised if this is a sweep. SJ in 5.

CHI vs NSH: Another joke series. CHI in 5.

VAN vs LA: HAHA! LA is a joke.; but VAN is just lucky witht he draw. VAN in 6.

PHX vs DET: PHX, as is, is one of those one season wonders. They'll suck again next season and it starts here. DET in 5.

WSH vs MTL: Crushing time. WSH will be looking to avoid their 4th striaght 7 game series. WSH in 4.

NJ vs PHI: Toughest 1st round series to call. Philly has offense and Pronger. NJ has Kolvy and golatending. Flyer's goaltending is suspect. I hopoe Pronger wins but hard to bet against brodeuer over a nobody in net. NJ in 7.

BUF vs BOS: Both of these teams are just setting themsleves up for a loss versus WSH or PIT anyways so this series is ultimately meaningless. BUF in 7.

PIT vs OTT: Poor little Ottawa. PIT in 4.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

SJ vs COL: SJ in 5

CHI vs NSH: CHI in 5

VAN vs LA: VAN in 6

PHX vs DET: DET in 6

WSH vs MTL: WSH in 5

NJ vs PHI: NJ in 7. Flyers have dominated the season-series this year, but NJ will make up for it in the playoffs. I'm expecting (read: hoping) Kovy to explode for a few multi-goal games.

BUF vs BOS: Could go either way. BOS powerplay won't be the same without Savard, but Chara, Wideman and Thomas can swing the game defensively. I'll say BUF in 6

PIT vs OTT: PIT in 5

SJ vs COL: Jesus Christ, San Jose, if you fail yet again I'm gonna vote for you to be disbanded as an NHL team. San Jose in 6.

CHI vs NSH: I expect Chicago to go far this year (again), but Nashville are for real. Chicago in 6.

VAN vs LA: The Sedins will break you! Vancouver in 4!

PHX vs DET: Detroit need to start waking up.. which they obviously did in the last part of the season. Great season Phoenix but Detroit in.. 7.

WSH vs MTL: This looks like a horrible match-up on paper. Washington in 5.

NJ vs PHI: As usual, I'm not betting against Brodeur, especially when he has Kovalchuk on his side. Brodeur/Kovy in 6.

BUF vs BOS: This is a wild guess since these teams ring no bells for me. Uh.. Boston in 6. Go Chara!

PIT vs OTT: Alfredsson will steal one. Pittsburgh in 5.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

San Jose in 6. ditto mkreku's statement.

Chicago in 5. Preds may give them a scare or two, and I would love to see the upset, but I think the Hawks are gonna roll into the 3rd round at least.

Phoenix in 6. Unrealistic but I don't care. GO 'YOTES GO Awwwoooooo.

Vancouver in 5. I live on the west coast and told some 'nucks fans I know I'd cheer them on, otherwise meh.

Washington in 4. All I want for xmas is for Ovie to sweep the Habs.

New Jersey in 7. Playoff goaltending matters way too much. Devils got it, Philly don't.

Buffalo in 6. This one sucks. I dislike Buffalo more than the B's, but I don't want the B's to have playoff success while getting the Leafs first two picks this year. Sigh.

Pittsburgh in 5. This must happen.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

i guess since the dance starts tomorrow I'd better get my picks in.

SJ vs COL: Do the AVS have a chance? um...no. SJ in 5

CHI vs NAS: Like many others, I'd like to see the 'Hawks run deep this year. CHI in 7. This series will be a lot closer than anyone thinks.

VAN vs LA: Will the wonder twins unite for playoff goodness? Yes! Will LA make a game of it? Definitely. VAN in 6

DET vs PHX: Nothing would make me happier than for the 'Yotes to upset the Wings. Realistically I don't see it happening, but what the hell, PHX in 6

WAS vs MTL: better luck next year, les Habitants. WAS in 5

NJD vs PHI: I'm not convinced Kovalchuk is ready to step up in the playoffs. I hope he proves me wrong. Devils in 7. This one will be ugly.

BUF vs BOS: Buffalo will take this one, probably in 6

PIT vs OTT: hmm. defending champs versus team that struggles for offense. No brainer, Pens in 5.

edit: messed up in my VAN/LA pick.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Western Conference:

San Jose vs. Colorado - in 6

Chicago versus Nashville - in 5

Vancouver versus Los Angeles - in 4

Phoenix versus Detroit - in 5

East:

Caps versus Canadiens - in 4

New Jersey versus Philly -in 7

Buffalo versus Boston - in 6

Pittsburgh versus Ottawa - in 5

Gotta make sure I get those predictions in before the games start!

East:

Washington vs. Montreal - in 5

As much as I'd like to see another outcome, I don't see my Habs getting very far against the Caps. They put up more of a fight than they did against Boston last time around.

New Jersey vs. Philadelphia - in 7

Not really sure about this one. Going to stick with Brodeur for the win here.

Buffalo vs. Boston - in 5

Two great goaltenders, but Buffalo has the better offence to back it up.

Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa - in 6

No sweep this time! Sens make a series of it, but lose out in the end.

Western:

San Jose vs. Colorado - in 6

As hopeless as San Jose has been in the playoffs, I still don't see them going out this early.

Chicago vs. Nashville - in 4

No contest. Chicago steamrolls Nashville.

Vancouver vs. Los Angeles - in 6

Fairly even series actually, but the Twins give Vancouver the win.

Phoenix vs. Detroit - in 5

Sorry Phoenix. It was nice seeing you in the playoffs, but drawing Detroit in the first round? Ouch.

They have nothing to apologize for. They played pretty well nor did they 'lose all offensive skill'. Just have to find a way to crack the goalie. *shrug*

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

*shrug* coyotes goalie is pretty good *shrug* but I mean, it has been the same for the sharks the past few playoff series *shrug* they always seem to lose their scoring touch *shrug* after the regular *shrug* season.

I'm excited to see Ovechkin in action tonight.

Edited by Krookie

Is it too late to switch my prediction in the Van/LA series? My picks went 0-4 tonight. Happy to see Ottawa pick up the win and the other lower seeds push back, but my picks. :p

Well you didn't pick any sweeps so you're still okay.

If Washington loses tonight... :lol:

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Jesus. Upsets left and right this year, huh? Canadians AND Sabers win...

Wait, are you trying to say that Buffalo is the underdog? :)

Ovechkin didn't have a single shot on net. Washington had 47 shots, Montreal had 37 shots. Great goaltending in this game. Overtime was great with all the chances going both ways. I hope the rest of the series is just as interesting!

Also, HELL YES! MONTREAL WIN! WOO! :ermm:

Edited by Deraldin