Killian is Dead.

I dont think less than three pounds a week is too much. Ive heard its better to eat several small meals over the course of the day then one big one. Also, get away from the juice. Its delicious but ridiculously loaded with sugar and carbs.

If it's regular fruit juice with nothing added, it should be perfectly healthy.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Healthy, sure, but not good for weight loss. I just walked to to work kitchen and grabbed a 10oz VeryFine 100% Grape Juice and get a load of this:

Fat: 0 g

Sodium: 30 mg

Potassium: 330 mg

Carbs: 47 g

Sugars: 47 g

Protein: 0 g

Thats a ton for 10 oz of fluid.

Edited by Gfted1

I'd agree with Hurlshot. Sugar and salt aren't EVIL.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Okay, I weighed myself this morning and I am at 352. In about 7 weeks I have lost 19 pounds. I am getting worried if that is too much too quickly. I have changed what I eat, but not the quantity and wondering if that is the problem. Normally I eat one meal a day, two if I feel peckish later, though I am still drinking a lot of fluids like the milk, juice, and water.

Based on what I have read/seen, 3 lbs/week is a great average... not too fast, yet sustainable. Drink more sugar-free juice and water than milk. It's pretty high in fat. Your biggest calorie loss will be giving up the junkfood! Without doing anything else, that would probably drop you 1 lb/week right there!

Keep doing what you're doing!

Edit: No, sugar itself isn't evil, but 47 gr of sugar in a single drink is, and at your weight you're prone to diabetes. Keep control of your sugar intake. If you like yogurt, it's a healthy and tasty way to get a low-fat, low-calorie, low-sugar pick-me-up. (Don't forget, carbs will turn into sugars too!) Husby is a diabetic, so we have to watch sugars with eagle-eyed tenacity. I really encourage you to check out diet juice drinks, and get your sugar fix with a big glass of healthy orange juice instead.

Edited by ~Di

The juice I have been drinking mostly is called Simply Orange or Simply Apple. No sugar, preservatives, no water, nothing extra is added. It is as freshly squeezed you can get without actually squeezing the fruit yourself. As for the milk side I have been sticking to skim milk. I am currently working on reducing quantity in food intake, keeping to normal or less portions when I do eat.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Yes, those are good brands. You're still getting sugar, but you'd also be getting sugar from eating an apple or an orange. When husby was diagnosed with diabetes, he was horrified to see that most fruit was on his "do not eat" list! Also, once your stomach shrinks from smaller portions, you'll find that you'll get full much faster on much less food.

Sounds like you're very determined, are going forward wisely, and are ready for the road to success! Keep it up! (er, the good habits, not... well, you know. :p)

Edited by ~Di

Okay, I think I reached some sort of threshold today. I feel god awful. I vomited twice today, and not with the usual acid kick. I have a massive headache, joints feel like crap, I am unable to see straight, and severely fatigued.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Okay, I think I reached some sort of threshold today. I feel god awful. I vomited twice today, and not with the usual acid kick. I have a massive headache, joints feel like crap, I am unable to see straight, and severely fatigued.

Oy vey. I hope you don't but that sounds like it could be serious.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I took a nap and feel a little better. The headache is still there, but I dread eating anything. I still have that craving for milk...

I took a nap and feel a little better. The headache is still there, but I dread eating anything. I still have that craving for milk...

What you described actually sounds like the flu. Damn. Drink lots of liquids, water preferably, try ibuprophen (generic advil) for the joint aches/headache, and call your doctor if it gets worse. Are you running a fever? If you are, I'm nearly certain it's the flu. When you next eat, go with bland foods or try your favorite soup (I always go for Campbell's condensed chicken noodle... fond memories of childhood, it's delicious and darned cheap). Your tummy needs calming, but it may or may not be related to the diet.

If you crave milk and can keep it down, go for it.

Edited by ~Di

I don't agree with Di on the bland foods. Eat teh hottest curry you can lay your hands on, drink some ale, and eat raw garlic.

-Elwood Blues

I don't agree with Di on the bland foods. Eat teh hottest curry you can lay your hands on, drink some ale, and eat raw garlic.

:p Now that was just evil!

It bloody works, though! The ale has selenium, and energy, and is a fluid. The curry has capsaicin, which releases natural endorphins, turmeric and ginger which reduce inflammation, and the garlic makes you feel like a crazed barbary pirate. Which is good for morale.

-Elwood Blues

I hope you're feeling better tomorrow. Don't die on us. You're an inspiration.

Toxins can store and accumulate in the body fat, as you shed the fat your body and metabolism can be exposed to what was dormant. Minimizing sugar is better than using substitutes, most are pretty toxic. I also consider typical milk products and margerine toxic.

Prepare as much of your own food as possible and I would suggest gardening if you have the time and space, otherwise just keep doing your best. A monk wears a habit.

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

There is no space for gardening unfortunately but that bit about toxins is good info to know. Who knows how much toxicity I have stored up.

EEP! : :)

There is no space for gardening unfortunately but that bit about toxins is good info to know. Who knows how much toxicity I have stored up.

EEP! : :)

well if any good is coming out of feeling like crap, it's that you'll never want to go back to your previous state and go through this again, right?!

You got that right. Anyway I did do a check on my blood pressure. It is 158/102 which is high, but I suspecting it was higher before I started my diet.

Bollocks to all that nonsense. You stick to your program, I'm sure you'll be seeing real world benefits to your health soon.

-Elwood Blues

I don't know if it is really a benefit due to the added cost but I am getting thinner. I am going to have to buy new clothes soon. There are days I feel really great and there are days that I feel completely worn down. Give and take I guess. I am still plugging at it so eventually I will get more good days than bad. Right now it is 50/50. I just like to know where this milk craving is coming from.

:sorcerer: Whereas I'm running up costs as I get fatter.

-Elwood Blues

From 371 to 350 in about 8 weeks, very nice. Keep up the good work. :)

I agree! I'm proud of you. :) Just cutting out the junk food and exercising will yield major results in just a couple of months. Eating healtier will just increase that yield. By this time next year, you'll probably be at your ideal weight, or close to it!

Don't let the bad days get you down. Your body is sulking. You've always given it what it wanted, and now it's rolling back and forth between being angry with you and saying, "hey, that feels kinda good!"