Killian is Dead.

No blood, but it was very disconcerting. I am feeling a lot better now. I think it was mostly do to my Acid Reflux, but since I have been drinking juice and milk over Coke and Mountain Dew it has quieted down. The caffeine headaches do get bad time to time now.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Christ on a little donkey!

Dammit I was going to urge you to see your doctor, but I remembered you may not have insurance. I don't see how vomiting that often can possibly be an innocuous biological pecadillo.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't have insurance, but that may change in a few years. Like I said I think it was due to my Acid Reflux Disease. Basically what happens is that the stomach produces too much acid, and well it has to go somewhere, so watch out! Food escape!

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I don't have insurance, but that may change in a few years. Like I said I think it was due to my Acid Reflux Disease. Basically what happens is that the stomach produces too much acid, and well it has to go somewhere, so watch out! Food escape!

Oh ok. I used to get something similar when I was on anti-malarial meds for too long. Got so bad I was throwing up pure clear gelatinous stuff which I guess was pure stomach acid. I left a bowl of it out one night* and the next morning about a thousand mosquitoes had landed in it and partially dissolved.

*I'm not just lazy. YOU try throwing up pure stomach acid and see how tidy you feel.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh ok. I used to get something similar when I was on anti-malarial meds for too long. Got so bad I was throwing up pure clear gelatinous stuff which I guess was pure stomach acid. I left a bowl of it out one night* and the next morning about a thousand mosquitoes had landed in it and partially dissolved.

*I'm not just lazy. YOU try throwing up pure stomach acid and see how tidy you feel.

I know full well. Try pulling a 10 hour shift right afterward. Not a great way to start the night.

Ha, weak vomit if you ask me.. I was throwing up pure water when I was India .. I had completely emptied myself of every fluid that hadn't been put into me in the last hour. Lost 8 pounds in 1 week because everything was cleaned out.

--

Also, good to see your are making a change Killian.. remember not to set unrealistic goals, or it may be too difficult to stay the path.

Fortune favors the bald.

Know that definitely sounds unhealthy. I am looking for more interesting juices to drink than just orange and apple juice. I found this pomegranate blueberry juice that is quite tasty. Lots of potassium and Vitamin C, though something tells me I should also look at Carbohydrates and Sugars.

Carrot juice mixed with orange juice is good - tomato juice is healthy, but is an acquired taste. Water is always good.

I have been told I have been drinking too much water. :)

2 liters a day isn't too much is it?

That looks very informative. Thanks for the link.

That link for depression and junk food relation is very interesting.

Don't worry about the gas. It's your metabolism adjusting to your new, healthier diet. Fruit juices are great, but be sure you get Diet juices (Ocean Spray has a large variety of diet juice drinks), or the sugar content will spoil all your good work. One meal my husband and I enjoy is a heaping plate of boiled veggies, tossed with lots of butter and salt/pepper. Our favorites to include are: turnip (very sweet!), rutabega (also sweet, but takes longer to cook... add it and the carrots first), carrots, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, snap peas, cabbage (rough chopped), and anything else we have in the fridge. Use whatever you personally like best. You can include potatoes, but you don't need them if you use turnip and rutabega (if you haven't tried these wonderful root veggies, I urge you to test them out. You can't believe how sweet they are with just butter and salt). Reheat the leftovers in the microwave.This is a flavorful, filling meal or sidedish to a lean piece of meat or chicken. Use any veggies you like, boil all in one pot based on cooking time (hard root veggies first, cabbage last). Delicious and cheap!!

Eating healthier is the biggest step. If you're exercising every day (your daily walking is great), you should see steady results, 1-2 pounds a week. (Don't fret about the "stalls", weeks where you suddenly flatten off. They'll pass.) Once your weight is down considerably, you'll be comfortable doing more physical exercises along with your walking, but don't try anything too exertive at this point. Too hard on your joints.

I'm so pleased at your determined and positive outlook.

Edit: When I say "butter", I mean margarine, or whatever spread you like best. Real butter should obviously be avoided, lol!

Edited by ~Di

I do need to be more mindful on the sugar level. I bought a bottle of Sunny D and got a look at the contents. I won't be buying Sunny D again. I definitely try it out, Di. I feel that I can succeed this time.

:)

I've heard conflicting stuff on margerine versus butter.

Butter has unhealthy fats in it. Margerine has healthy fats in it - lots of them (and no trans fats, so I can't see the problem when people say "it's processed").

Certainly in my little corner of the world where my grandfather is a diabetic and my mum is a diabetes nurse, margerine is the superior choice for diabetics.

The only thing I need to know is that butter is freaking DELICIOUS.

-Elwood Blues

Just to give a heads up, I have been maintaining a 355-356 weight while my diet is still in the revamp mode. Adding in more fruits and veggies when one doesn't like a bunch of veggies is hard work. Kept up the milk, juice and water going, though this last week I have a house guest that isn't on a diet which makes things more difficult. She has peanut butter M&Ms and brought in Mountain Dew.

EEP! :o

On the good diet side I have been eating more tomatoes than usual. Home made tacos with 90% lean beef, with tomatoes and lettuce. That's healthy. Right?

So you've got a lady friend over, nice :o

She is like a sister to me. No hanky panky going on here. :)

To help with my sociophobia however I am going to the Iron Man 2 tailgate that the local gaming/comic store has put together. Possibly hundreds f people infront of the theater, grilling and drinking.

Should be... interesting.

Okay, I weighed myself this morning and I am at 352. In about 7 weeks I have lost 19 pounds. I am getting worried if that is too much too quickly. I have changed what I eat, but not the quantity and wondering if that is the problem. Normally I eat one meal a day, two if I feel peckish later, though I am still drinking a lot of fluids like the milk, juice, and water.

I dont think less than three pounds a week is too much. Ive heard its better to eat several small meals over the course of the day then one big one. Also, get away from the juice. Its delicious but ridiculously loaded with sugar and carbs.

Edited by Gfted1