Killian is Dead.

Actually Sando, all you really need is to get laid.

As far as depression goes, I'll give you the same advice I gave Aram, just drink copious amounts of alchohol and keep a loaded pistol next to your bed. All those depression problems just sort of solve themselves after a while. Speaking of which, has anyone heard from Aram lately?

I'm joking obviously. Exept for the first part. In all seriousness, have you ever though about just pulling up stakes and putting Ames in your rearview mirror permanently? Do you have family or financial reasons for staying? If not a change of scenery might help. Also you are a veteran IIRC, there are a number of job placement aids in the VA.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Final word of advice: don't throw out the baby with the bath water. You have many excellent qualities you should not abandon.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I need to change, a drastic change. A paradigm shift in the reality I constructed for myself.

Night job - junk food - computer games. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I'd try and get a day job. Jogging, sunlight, water and vitamins.

Also, if you really want a deep shift, see if you're ready for Sri Niz.

gassh

Get a job that forces you up at 8 or 9 am every morning so that a) consistent sleep patterns, b) healthier sleeping hours for your heart and brain, c) you have the rest of the day to go out and be productive.

Jog for 10+ minutes every day or second day (this is purely for your mental health, I'm sure you already know how to lose weight). For maximum benefit, do it at the start of the day. Really wakes you up and gets endorphins pumping. Sets the rest of the day.

And obviously stop eating the junk food.

Go easy, fellahs. Maybe he can't change jobs.

Can you at least sleep in a sunny spot? I sleep better during the day than at night, so this may not work for you.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Life is like a house that you build, brick by brick. Yet people are not always very constructive when it comes to their own lives. Always keep that in mind. Plus, I'd like to give you some general advice (that would be of interest to anyone) about life:

1. Be good. Seriously, being mean to other people only results in your own moral degradation. Being kind to others helps to build meaningful relationships.

2. Play it cool. Play it cool, man. Don't do anything too drastic. Always think carefully about where you want to go from where you are.

3. Have an open mind. Welcome new ways of thinking and new interests. An individual's mind has place for many things. It may be easier to grow as a person than you believe.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I'd say life was like an extremely spicy vindaloo: it hurts at the beginning and at the end.

-Elwood Blues

I have ended the eating of junk food. Only time I have anything junk food related is the drinking of Sprite at work. I am planning to do my walk when I wake up.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Life is a brick house... seriously ?. Personally I'd rather go with something a little more catchy like a journey, or a box of chocolates.

I guess anything that you build from the bottom to the top in similar fashion would fit the analogy. I'm not really of a romantic nature, hence a brick house and not and castle made of sand :lol:

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

It could be a bird's nest. They get built. Unless it was one of those ones made entirely from spit.

-Elwood Blues

Losing weight is a big step in the right direction.

Maybe you can still travel to a buddhist temple in the Himalayas and get trained in the ways of the badass.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, changing your job is probably not easy or viable Killian, but it's probably going to be something you need to do at some point. It really will cut your lifespan short by several years all by itself, not to mention the obvious inconveniences and such.

But for now, looks like you're trying to do various things, which is cool.

Sop basically you're going for a new job as a water feature?

-Elwood Blues

Down to 356, but I have notice a fairly strange thing. Since eating more fruits and veggies I have been produce a lot more... um... methane than normal. I also have been vomiting a lot less.

Speaking of veggies I am going to try out a new recipe that I came up with off the top of my head.

1/2 of a boneless chicken breast cooked in light olive oil, spiced up with garlic pepper and garlic powder. No such thing as too much garlic!

1/2 cup of this twisty tie pasta.

Lightly steamed (or boiled) broccoli (or is it cauliflower). It is a green veggie thing that looks like a tree. It looks healthy to eat.

Cook the chicken in the oil til it is cooked through, but no carbon scoring. Boil the pasta and the tree, in separate pans of course. When done cooking, mix it all together, the light olive oil with the spices mixed in acting as the sauce. And BOOM! Something edible I hope.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Down to 356, but I have notice a fairly strange thing. Since eating more fruits and veggies I have been produce a lot more... um... methane than normal. I also have been vomiting a lot less.

Wait, what? You've been vomiting?

The farting I understand. I posted similar a few weeks ago.

-Elwood Blues

Since changing my diet and trying to kick myself out of my depression I have stopped vomiting. Before I was vomiting at least 3 to 4 times a week.

Since changing my diet and trying to kick myself out of my depression I have stopped vomiting. Before I was vomiting at least 3 to 4 times a week.

Bloody hell!

-Elwood Blues