Killian is Dead.

Killian is dead. I have come to a epiphany not only on my health and lifestyle, but my complete and utter lack of ambition. I have become lethargic, depressed even more than usual, and taken no pride or care of my own well being. In this deep reflection of myself I come to realize that I am dead. Dead to the drives and dreams of my youth. Dead to my interactions with other people in the so called real world. My health has severely declined to the point that I could be dead in a literal sense as well. I need to change, a drastic change. A paradigm shift in the reality I constructed for myself.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Guest The Architect

YOU LIVE STILL KILL HIM BURN HIM BWAAAAAAAAAAHARRR. Nah seriously tho what's the big change fella you gonna make a new alt hey hey? You know, you're not so bad Hades, I get a good laugh - you don't have to be a drama queen you know tho, that's one thing you should wipe from yer new resume of a reformed guy, but it's good you're thinking realistically and know you can change things for yourself and take much better care of your health which will go a long way to improving your lifestyle I'm sure. You'll feel better, at the least, better than nothing. I know I'm kinda drunk at the moment. YOU GONNA TELL ME SOMETHING TODAY TOUGH GUY.

As frustrating as I occasionaly find you KK, I'd hate to see anything bad come of you. Luckily most of what you described is directly within your sphere of influence. From an outsider looking in, it seems you depression is the catalyst and your other issues stem off of that. Maybe try talking to family? If not family, maybe a professional? A happy mind makes for a happy body.

Physical health is obviously very important too and living a healthier lifestyle makes you feel beeter in body and spirit. We all know that though, the hard part is in the execution. All I can say about that is what worked for me, bite the bullet and force yourself to eat healthier. Exercise is important too but the first order of business has to be your diet.

Over the years you've grown on me KK... I now find you amusing opposed to annoying.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

You just need to go get on a treadmill buddy. Get a few positive endorphins going and I think you will feel right as rain. It is also the end of winter, so keep in mind the seasonal ups and downs.

Hang in there. I think Walsingham should make a trip out to Iowa and run a Hades Boot Camp, and then post video clips.

Hang in there. I think Walsingham should make a trip out to Iowa and run a Hades Boot Camp, and then post video clips.

After nearly 8 weeks sitting on my arse I probably need the treadmill more!

I'll tell you what a friend and I worked out the other night: help your mates. Nothing makes you feel better, and nothing earns you feeling better, than helping your friends. It can be something big or something small. Doesn't matter.

Failing that, just make a list of all the s*** things you've never actually done, but which other people do.

Also, I think your new name should be 'Juche', that crazy North Korean self-reliance stuff. Plus Juche sounds like a character in a Tarantino movie.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, I did take the first step today. I actually went outside, during the day time, for no other purpose to just enjoy the weather. Something, to be truthful, I have never done in my life. Mind you there was some exercise involved in 11 city blocks of aimless wondering. I think tomorrow I will just go to that park I found and just sit there for a while.

I also need to get over my sociophobia. I am okay in small groups, but I get in a near panic attack in groups of 15 or more people.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

To be realistic, Hades has mentioned weight issues, so jogging is likely not the best solution for his joints.

Well, that is also another thing I have been working on. I have lost 12 pounds over the course of a month. I am at the lightest I have been for years.

To be realistic, Hades has mentioned weight issues, so jogging is likely not the best solution for his joints.

Well, that is also another thing I have been working on. I have lost 12 pounds over the course of a month. I am at the lightest I have been for years.

That's great! Given the tone of your post I was worried about the opposite.

That's terrific! Congratulations... losing weight is a tough, long-term commitment. I'm proud of you!

I live in Iowa. You think there are any hookers worth the money here?

No wonder you are depressed.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Killian, I seem to remember you worked at a convenience store for a while? Are you still doing that? I mean, doing that all day probably isn't going to help you meet people or have ambition or get exercise.

Killian is dead. I have come to a epiphany not only on my health and lifestyle, but my complete and utter lack of ambition. I have become lethargic, depressed even more than usual, and taken no pride or care of my own well being. In this deep reflection of myself I come to realize that I am dead. Dead to the drives and dreams of my youth. Dead to my interactions with other people in the so called real world. My health has severely declined to the point that I could be dead in a literal sense as well. I need to change, a drastic change. A paradigm shift in the reality I constructed for myself.

I guess you

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I don't see how any of us could be against you feeling better. So keep us posted.

Question: have you ever drowned a pony with your bare hands? If not then points to you.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's terrific! Congratulations... losing weight is a tough, long-term commitment. I'm proud of you!

Don't be too proud. It is mostly because I haven't been motivated enough to cook, let alone eat.

Killian, I seem to remember you worked at a convenience store for a while? Are you still doing that? I mean, doing that all day probably isn't going to help you meet people or have ambition or get exercise.

I do that all night, not day. 10 PM to 8 AM, Thursday to Sunday, 40 hours a week. To be honest I don't get a lot of daylight time.

I guess you

I have made another startling realization. I don't like strawberries. I like melon. I like grapes and pineapple. I just do not like strawberries. On a more positive note I am writing again. Going over some of my old poems, reworking them, writing new ones, and starting up a new short story to boot.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

I don't see how any of us could be against you feeling better. So keep us posted.

Question: have you ever drowned a pony with your bare hands? If not then points to you.

How many points you lose for killing a kitty? ;)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif