Archiving googlemail

Walsingham

I'm keen to archive all my old gmail emails and files, now that I have big storage available. Can this be done, and if so how?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What would be the point? Google gives you infinite storage space and the e-mails stored on their servers are never ever going away.

And I can also be helpful: Use Gmail's settings to activate POP, then follow the instructions there to configure the mail client of your choice to get your e-mails. Finally, do the archiving through said mail client.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What would be the point? Google gives you infinite storage space and the e-mails stored on their servers are never ever going away.

And I can also be helpful: Use Gmail's settings to activate POP, then follow the instructions there to configure the mail client of your choice to get your e-mails. Finally, do the archiving through said mail client.

...Because I don't trust Google to be there indefinitely and I have emails from my mum I want to keep, as well as work stuff. far better on some DVDs.

Thanks for the hint.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It wouldn't be difficult to code a script to do it for you, so it's certainly possible and somebody has probably already done it.

There are some things which are best done by hand and not trusted to cylons. I mean scripts.

-Elwood Blues

It wouldn't be difficult to code a script to do it for you, so it's certainly possible and somebody has probably already done it.

There are some things which are best done by hand and not trusted to cylons. I mean scripts.

Well if you code it yourself, or verify the source before using it, you'll be fine :D

Does the same process work for archiving e-mail from Yahoo and Hotmail?

It should. Although with Yahoo you have to pay money.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well if you code it yourself, or verify the source before using it, you'll be fine :D

Or if I carved it out of the purest unicorn horn...

-Elwood Blues