What you did today

Gorth

I am irritated at the icemaker in our new fridge. The ice it's giving us smells like runoff from a copper mine slag heap. Now, this is probably the fault of whichever prior owner of the house installed the icemaker supply line onto the horizontal water pipe that supplies the shower in the basement bathroom. Ideally, it should be in a frequently used vertical pipe, and we never really use the basement shower. But if the water source was the only problem, I suspect that I would have started noticing this ages ago rather than recently. (And, yes, today I went down and ran the cold water in the basement shower for a few minutes just to get fresh water in the line. If it produces an improvement, I'll start doing so on a weekly basis.) Rather, I am starting to suspect the new fridge and the braided stainless steel supply line that I put in between the saddle valve on the pipe and the fridge. If project "run the shower" doesn't produce more neutral smelling ice, I'm going to start getting angry.

@Krook, I'm actually crazy enough to try to drive to the Jersey shore this weekend. Visiting family and such. Also, a cousin is having a college graduation party.

I'm packing up my things. Sweet jebus do I have a lot of crap! It's a good thing there's a dumpster downstairs.

Did I miss something? Are you moving? Come to New Jersey.

What? He should come to California. You can stay in my RV.

I'm packing up my things. Sweet jebus do I have a lot of crap! It's a good thing there's a dumpster downstairs.

The State that's widely disputed to be the dump of the US? :x

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The State that's widely disputed to be the dump of the US? :x

I love New Jersey<3

And Enoch, where are you staying down the shore? Any idea what town?

What? He should come to California. You can stay in my RV.

I'm moving back into my parents house while I get my condo renovated then I'm putting it up for sale. After that, it's going to be time to buy a house for me and the missus and her kids.

Living with my folk might be stressful, but I don't figure I'll be around that much. Plus, I don't have to pay for anything. It'll be a great way to pay off some debts and save up some money, right before I take out one of those nice, big, fat, juicy thirty year mortgages. :x

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Living with my folk might be stressful, but I don't figure I'll be around that much. Plus, I don't have to pay for anything. It'll be a great way to pay off some debts and save up some money, right before I take out one of those nice, big, fat, juicy thirty year mortgages. :x

doing something similar, actually. My dad's ready to get out of the townhouse we live in now, and seeing as how it'll just be him in the house next year with me and my sister off at college he won't need as much room. We're spending the summer at my Grandfathers, but his house isn't an old person's house. he's got more plasma screen TVs than he knows what to do with, so I'm cool with it. plus, it's in town, so I won't have to worry about missing out on my last summer as a child. </3

Edited by Krookie

I like my parents house. Sure, its about a ten minute drive out of town, but it's a decent sized house with all the amenities. They even have 'high speed' internet now, although I've used their computer before, and I'll be the first to admit its anything but. It looks like my days of playing on xbox live are pretty much over.

Moving in with your parents is never cool, but I'm looking at the whole situation as taking a step backward in order to take two steps forward.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And Enoch, where are you staying down the shore? Any idea what town?

It's in the southern part of Ocean County.

Sweet deal. We usually go to Wildwood, but the Jersey shore is awesome no matter where you are.

In other news...Gary Colman died.

Spent fortune today. Osteopath, fixing the roof, travel, food. Discovered great little restaurant near my home, and set up new working relationship. Was on train with three stunning young women. Felt very old. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's finally starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere cleaning out my condo. My teevee / computer stand is what's going to be coming down next. Most of my closets and cupboards are bare. It's a slightly nostalgic occasion.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Up betimes and to work. And great was the noise of swearing and the gnashing of teeth as I did struggle with the incomprehensible design options of paint.NET. Only constrained economic circumstance prevented me hurling the entire PC out the window.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Spent fortune today. Osteopath, fixing the roof, travel, food. Discovered great little restaurant near my home, and set up new working relationship. Was on train with three stunning young women. Felt very old. :)

embrace the inner pimp, old man :*

i've just gotten home from a viking pub crawl

the weather was suitably chilling and windswept, much booze was consumed, and we ended up at a karaoke bar where we somehow managed to score a private room for our vocal shenanigans

all this in celebration of a friend's impending fatherhood :-

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I hit the gym a little earlier than usual yesterday prepared to do 10x10 squats. In the end I only did 5x10 becuase it was more brutal than I could ever imagine and I also had other exercises to do. My pride was shattered and sweating profusely.

Afterwords I went to a friends place last night to play beer pong. There was this extremely insane, broken, confused, scared, abused and drunk chick there who brought her baby along. I'm pretty sure she wanted to have sexual intercourse. Once she mentioned her

ass play

antics I was intrigued to say the least and could forgive many of her faults. I'm a little sad I didn't pull a shryke but in the end there was just too much insanity there that I didn't want to get involved with on any level and I'd rather her not know where I live. She wasn't that attractive either and did I mention she had a baby?

I'm slightly hung over. I need to stop drinking. I don't like it.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm heading out to the Northwest Folklife Festival in a little bit. Should be fun.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Holiday weekends....they're long so you want to go somewhere, but all reasonable destinations are super crowded, because everyone else wants to go somewhere too.

Get off my lawn. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tripped off my face last night. Thought that ninjas made out of fractals were kidnapping me and the only way to defeat them was to throw mana potions at them. At the time there was mana potions floating around my room.

Right now I'm eating yoghurt. It's delicious.

Up at an ungodly hour with a hangover. Talked epic bollocks for hours yesterday with friends. Saw various young ladies who were nice, but nothing came of any smiles and waggled eyebrows. :ermm: Had fantastic curry then waddled home to bed.

Wait, that's all in th wrong order. But you know what I mean. Now I intend to make a conference call for work - which should be entertaining - then a nap and off to the pub for the roleplaying campaign I'm running.

-Elwood Blues

starting to feel like an alcoholic, minus the part where I abuse my wife. 7-0 in beer pong last night and celebrated with a few shots. is it just me or is this thread becoming an AA meeting?

I told you! I was all like hey krookie your an alcoholic bro but you didn't want to listen. And then I think I got hammered that night and cried alone in my bath tub. It was a long time ago...things have changed since then. :sorcerer:

I just did this workout called "cindy" for the first time. Don't ask me why its called that but its a crossfit workout which I wouldn't normally do becuase crossfitter's are usually kind of dumb, no offense to any followers, but I needed some decent high intensity cardio type thing to do inside. Anyways, it basically consists of 15 air squats, 10 push ups, and 5 pullups (I alternated chin ups becuase they are easier). You try and do as many rounds of this in 20 minutes as fast as possible. I did 19 rounds and I thought I was going to die. It's been like 20 minutes and I feel like a truck hit me. I'm also eating a tuna sammich.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Saw the prince of persia movie, and then looked around on craigslist for cars... it's interesting what you find (A '09 camery for 2.8k? REALLY!?)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.