What you did today

Gorth

Today I discovered that the secret heart of comedy is placing a large towelling dressing-gown over a small energetic dog.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Decided to pick up a book on investment after my final this Thursday. I've been thinking about investing in stock for a while now but only recently have been taking the thought seriously, anyone here have any book recommendations?

Also found out that meter reading position I inquired around two months ago probably won't happen, looks like yet another summer at the supermarket... what fun. -_-

Investing is a pretty worthwhile and interesting hobby to get into imo but it can be dangerous especially if you're going for individual stocks and trying to short sell becuase its essentially like gambling. I'd head over to http://www.thesimpledollar.com/ He's reviewed a number of books (not all directly related to finance) and he offers generally good advice on personal finance. If you're looking for a general guide to picking/researching stocks you likely won't find it there but I doubt you'd find a reliable and comprehensive website like that anyways.

That being said right now isn't exactly an ideal time seeing as you missed an almost 400 point dip on friday and today the market is up 400 points and likely will continue to rise throughout the week. You're best bet is just to learn and involve yourself as much as possible. Start reading books, watch cnbc, look over financials on yahoo finance. But I would say for you focus on index funds, ETF's, IRA's, and other various long term approaches to investing that work for where you are at in life.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Yesterday I discovered that I could make the dog make guitar style yowling noises when I was air guitaring to Walk This Way. He just copies the howling. So I picked him up and air guitared the dog.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My final exam got cancelled by my professor today. Instead we're being graded on our test scores and the amount of work we've completed. I have until friday night to complete everything.

It'll be done by tomorrow night.

Edited by Syraxis

Finished writing a repeat of a paper I did (basically... I had to shift the first papers overall purpose a tiny bit), and think I might have a female friend but I'm not toally sure yet.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

AP Psych. Amongst the easiest tests I've ever taken.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

...and think I might have a female friend but I'm not toally sure yet.

As in romance-able friend? If so, good luck. :p

You are correct sir!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I remember scoring 105% on my final psych exam two years ago :)

And they say psychologists can't do maths... :lol:

-Elwood Blues

I remember scoring 105% on my final psych exam two years ago :lol:

And they say psychologists can't do maths... :thumbsup:

It was because I got answered all the questions correctly, along with the two extra credit questions (+ 2.5 pts extra credit each).

Edited by Syraxis

This evening I will be participating in my first tabletop RPG session in over a decade.

Any good ideas for character foibles in a mythic Greek setting?

Your character is straight.

-Elwood Blues

This evening I will be participating in my first tabletop RPG session in over a decade.

:ermm::lol: :lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

:ermm::lol: :lol:

I should admit that the gag is nicked from the radio comedy 'Acropolis Now' by Lynn Truss.

-Elwood Blues

Took English AP, downloaded Steam for Mac.

AP economics test. I think I moderately well.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.