Core #2 10C hotter than Core #0

I just put together a new system and everything is going great with one possible exception - one core of the CPU is running about 5-10C hotter than the other. Does anyone know if this is a major issue or could I ignore it for the time being? :lol:

EDIT:

For instance one core is currently at 23c and the other 33c.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

First step is to find out the heat tolerances of your CPU. You can find those at intel with a little patience. If it's well below, don't worry, if it's near, worry.

Well it seems to be well below, as are the max temperatures I've seen gaming, but looking around at reviews I've noticed that their temperatures are somewhat, and sometimes significantly, lower than my own. Now it might be that they didn't run their load times as long or something like that, but I'm wondering if maybe I put too much thermal paste in the heatsink (I added a small drop to the middle of the CPU as recommended but also left on the heating "pads" that were on the stock cooler). Could that be the reason behind both issues? :ermm:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well there's not supposed to be any excess only a very thin layer. The heating 'pads' that are already on the heatsink, if you are talking about those made out of a dough-like material, are instead of the thermal paste. Both won't help you.

In any case a new cooler better than a stock cooler is a dirt cheap investment if you don't get caugh up in the hype.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The heating 'pads' that are already on the heatsink, if you are talking about those made out of a dough-like material, are instead of the thermal paste. Both won't help you.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way. Still, after re-seating the heatsink the temperatures dropped by about 10-15C overall (although the 10C difference in core temps is still there). >_<

-Hurlshot

I'm no expert on CPU temps, but it seems to me that the difference could be because of unequal distribution of processes.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS