What did you eat today?

Humodour

The best carrot cake I ever have or probably ever will eat. 7 layers, probably a 60-degree arc w/ a 4" radius. Brilliant.

OMG! You just reminded me I have a cake tin full of carrot cake!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have changed my diet as I recognized some weight I have gained recently.

For lunch: a few chocolates with a big cup of tea.

For dinner: a few chocolates with 500ml of vitamined milk.

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.

Had a late lunch at our local Burger Joint, so I didn't eat much dinner tonight.

I've been having ****tails for dinner. Tried two different styles of Old Fashioned. My preference follows:

Combine 1/2 oz. simple syrup (equal volumes plain sugar and water, mixed until totally dissolved) with a few dashes of Angostura Bitters in an Old Fashioned glass. (Yes, this drink is so good, they named the glass after it.) Half-fill the glass with ice and stir. Then, holding it over the glass, peel off a 2-3 inch long section of orange peel with an ordinary vegetable peeler. You want the citrus oils in the skin to end up in the glass. Then take the peel you've removed, give it a good squeeze (orange side down) over the glass, and drop it in. Add 2 to 2.5 oz of whiskey. I'm using bourbon, but rye works well, too. (Save the scotch for sipping.) Stir. Add more ice. Garnish with a maraschino cherry. Enjoy slowly.

The variant that involves using solid sugar and starting by muddling it with fruit leaves a mess at the bottom of the glass that never really integrates with the rest of the drink. You get a drink of slightly sweetened whiskey on the rocks, followed by picking out bitter-soaked fruit from between the ice cubes. I like bitters-soaked fruit, but this method creates a better, more consistent drink in my book. Other variants use some soda to top the drink, which I think is unnecessary dilution-- if the glass isn't full enough, just make another after you finish it.

I'm a fan of bourbon, but IMO an old fashioned is best with rye or scotch. Although in part that's beause bourbon is so bitter. Which is not to say that a well mixed OF couldn't be superb with bourbon. I think it would come down to sugar.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've continued my attempts of losing some weight.

For lunch:A big cup of chocolated milk with some chocolates.

For dinner:Abig cup of chocolated milk with some banana-yoghurd aromad cookie style biscuits.

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

For dinner:Abig cup of chocolated milk with some banana-yoghurd aromad cookie style biscuits.

Sounds like a deplorable attempt.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Sounds like a deplorable attempt.

I cannot deny I feel hunger, but from my former experiences, it is almost impossible to lose weight without feeling hunger. The time needed for the stomach to decrease in volume is at least 17 days and during that time, hunger and urge control not to eat is inevitable at least for me.

The Illuminator

The best carrot cake I ever have or probably ever will eat. 7 layers, probably a 60-degree arc w/ a 4" radius. Brilliant.

OMG! You just reminded me I have a cake tin full of carrot cake!

Lucky you.

And illuminator, chocolates aren't really conducive to losing weight. I believe that's what he was referring to.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Exercise is the only sensible way to lose weight, IMO. Unless you want to be perpetually angry.

-Elwood Blues

--- YESTERDAY ---

Peanut butter on toast

Cornflakes

2 x mugs of tea

---

Skipped lunch, my bad

---

Grilled chilli-marinaded lamb and chicken with harissa. Rice, chickpeas, salad of white cabbage & cucumber, pitta bread

Beer

1 x glass of Merlot

sonsofgygax.JPG

rehashed yesterday's curry with peas, carrot and more spices. Then went shopping and thrwe out my back. Now drinking beer, the tea of champions.

-Elwood Blues

Assuming that I will go to skiing again, I broke my diet and ate a complete lunch, however, telepheric was out of order and that was a big disappointment.

As I broke diet in lunch, I have also had a complete dinner with Adana Kebab, Kabak Dolması, some Yoghurd Soup and Lemon Flavored Natural Water.

Then also ate some chocolates with some natural water again. I will return to my diet tomorrow.

For chocolate thing I can say that it is not as bad as you imagined. Dieters are not always saying the truth. I believe that the energy in chocolate isn't half of bread as you don't feel like eating or loosing weight when you keep eating bread, however even if you eat 2 chocolates, you may still feel hunger and lose weight. I was about 100kgs in 2007 and lost about 30kgs in 5 months with a strong diet in which I ate 3 or 4 chocolates a day with some tea before exercising(walking, running, weight lifting). I also took multi-vitamin drugs and calcium sandoz besides it everyday and at last got much thinner. Losing weight with carbohydrates like bread is too hard. Chocolate is easier, but you must resist hunger until your stomach gets smaller.

Edited by The Illuminator

The Illuminator

My local pub brought round sausages cooked in red wine, onions, and herbs. We asked what was up, and they said 'Sometimes bad s*** happens for no reason. Today good stuff happens for no reason."

I love my pub.

-Elwood Blues