Nothing to worry about

I'm not sure what this has to do with Alpha Protocol. :ermm:

I'm pretty sure he's saying that the stealth aspects of Alpha Protocol have no threat from Splinter Cell.

It still seems like a competitor to me, ESPECIALLY because it's been 'dumbed down', at least from the stealth angle.

I'm not sure if delaying Alpha Protocol has placed it in a better position...

If SEGA can keep up the flow of info, then I think it'll be in a better place. Even though the trailers and whatnot are being met with mixed reactions, people are seeing that the game exists at least. Even though Splinter Cell may be closer in some respects, I think the game would've suffered a lot more if it was released around the time of Dragon Age (which was the original plan).

If SEGA can crunch up a nice PR blitz, keeping the attention up through April and May, then I think AP can be in a pretty good place.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I Played the Splinter Cell demo today....do they call that stealth lol, they dumbed it down to much. Whats with the weird running too...sam looks like Desmond/Ezio from assassins creed

Splinter Cell also has Ubisoft's ****ing ****ty awful DRM that drops you out of your singleplayer game when your net drops out (assuming you even have a net connection in the first place, for whatever reason)

I think Obsidian is in a decent position.

That only affects the PC version, the main sales come from the console versions.

About a third of sales come from the PC version, so it matters a lot, especially for an initial title like this.

You sell even a quarter less PC copies and you've just earnt 8.3% less profit. That's a huge amount.

What I meant was that even with Ubisoft's horrible DRM, SC:C will still sell better than Alpha Protocol on the PC.

What does that have to do with anything? This is about Splintercell selling LESS, meaning Alpha Protocol has the potential to sell MORE.

I think some peoples opinions about SC:C are alittle biased. I enjoyed the 360 demo, and I find that the gameplay of SC:C suits my style more than the gameplay promised by Alpha Protocol. Once you add the surprisingly cheap price of 47 dollars on Amazon.....lets just say that I've made up my mind.

Might have gone a different way if AP wasn't delayed like it was. Then again, SC:C does have some spectacular krav maga animations that totally blow away the martial arts in AP. However, if I find myself capable of affording AP when it costs alittle less than the standard 60 then I'd be more than happy to support Obsidian.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, didn't really understand that myself.

Surprised Conviction is going for so cheap, though?

Word is SC:C is just 5 hours long. I think I'll wait for the 2 hour movie and give that my $7 at the movie theater. You know, AP's ~40 hour length sounds all the more enticing.

Word is SC:C is just 5 hours long. I think I'll wait for the 2 hour movie and give that my $7 at the movie theater. You know, AP's ~40 hour length sounds all the more enticing.

Apparently "the game is 8-10 hours long, the IGN previewer just rushed through while the exclusivity lasted".

Apparently "the game is 8-10 hours long, the IGN previewer just rushed through while the exclusivity lasted".

Not exactly lenghty but it could work, depending on the pacing.