L4D

ramza

I have found the game at my local shop for 20 euros. Is it worth buying now that L4D 2 has been released. Will I find other people to play with online?

Another question is about how steam works. Are there limited activations in the sense that I cannot install the same game on more than 1 pc?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

You can install the game on as many computers as you want, and if you buy the PC version you can also install and play it on your Mac (if you have one) for no extra cost. Steam doesn't have 'activations' as such.

You can't use your Steam account on multiple computers at the same time, though.

Mmm, I guess it's not worth the 20 euros then. I have already played the game and completed all levels, but I was playing at a friend's. I didn't get the chance to try the multiplayer options.

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Mmm, I guess it's not worth the 20 euros then. I have already played the game and completed all levels, but I was playing at a friend's. I didn't get the chance to try the multiplayer options.

Multiplayer is really what makes the game. They designed the multiplayer so that the AI director could dog you from start to finish and slightly change how the map was played, but more often than not it was the people you played with who caused the most changes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Multiplayer is really what makes the game. They designed the multiplayer so that the AI director could dog you from start to finish and slightly change how the map was played, but more often than not it was the people you played with who caused the most changes.

"God dammit Deraldin! Stop shooting me in the back! I've taken more damage from you than I have from the zombies!"

"Hey you jerk! Stop hogging all the pills!"

"Oh no, don't mind me, I'm just being torn to shreds by a frakking Hunter over here! No rush or anything!"

:ermm:

"God dammit Deraldin! Stop shooting me in the back! I've taken more damage from you than I have from the zombies!"

"Oh no, don't mind me, I'm just being torn to shreds by a frakking Hunter over here! No rush or anything!"

>_<

Guys, let's play L4D. I'll play Derladin.

>_<

actually, usually der and our little crew does REALLY well... except for when I accidentally headshot somebody with a hunting rifle.

actually, usually der and our little crew does REALLY well... except for when I accidentally headshot somebody with a hunting rifle.

It's usually my other group that happens with. We get pretty competitive going for those special infected kills. Everyone gets a medkit at the start of every level. That means you can incap each other 4 times per level without anyone dying. :-

It wasn't unheard of to have multiple people with 20+ times incapped on the stats screen at the end of a game. Depended on how many medkits we found in each level and how quickly we rushed through them.

Edited by Deraldin

:-

And that was usually because I forgot to get out of your way... Or get on that stupid rock. :-

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Do you guys still play this game? It might be worth joining you for some lols!

By the way, when you say that 2 different pcs cannot use the same steam account, can I still install the game on a different pc and activate it with a different account?

I don't play it so often anymore, but I would love to if we get a little group going.

I have the same steam games on 2 different computers, but what he meant was that you can't play it simultaneously on two computers..

Fortune favors the bald.

By the way, when you say that 2 different pcs cannot use the same steam account, can I still install the game on a different pc and activate it with a different account?

Whatever account you buy the game under, it is permanently linked to that account.

You can download a game and one account a play it on another without having to re-download it however, as long as you own the game on both accounts.

You can certainly install it on as many PCs as you want - just don't have them both logged into Steam at the same time or it'll kick one off.

I bought it and barely played it. Waste of money, really... :p

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Every so often, mainly when somebody I know is playing (and most of my friends now play the second because one had to reformat his comp and lost the first).

The way that Steam works is you get an account that your game is tagged to, that account can only be online in one location at a time. But if you have to reformat your comp you'll end up being able to re-download the Steam program and then use that to download and install any game thats tagged to your account with two button clicks. You can also play in offline mode, but you need to be online once to activate it etc.

It's actually a pretty nice form of DRM in that you get a benefit from it. Of course the problem is what happens if Valve+steam go under, but with the amount of business going on on that program, I doubt that'll happen.

Edited by Calax

Every so often, mainly when somebody I know is playing (and most of my friends now play the second because one had to reformat his comp and lost the first).

Which is unfortunate, because I ended up preferring the first game to the sequel. Something about L4D2 just didn't grab me the same way. I've got about 50 hours in that compared to nearly 300 or so for the original and I really have no desire to go back and start it up myself. I'd join someone if they invited me, but I haven't played any pub games of L4D2 and have no desire to waste time going for the achievements. :p

Which is unfortunate, because I ended up preferring the first game to the sequel. Something about L4D2 just didn't grab me the same way. I've got about 50 hours in that compared to nearly 300 or so for the original and I really have no desire to go back and start it up myself. I'd join someone if they invited me, but I haven't played any pub games of L4D2 and have no desire to waste time going for the achievements. :p

I think it's mostly because you don't have nearly as many cute little discussions like "Look bill, your favorite! STAIRS!" and zoeys zombie bull**** remark.

I think it's mostly because you don't have nearly as many cute little discussions like "Look bill, your favorite! STAIRS!" and zoeys zombie bull**** remark.

RARGH! Damn you stupid Steam pipe comment! Must find Valve developer thought that was funny... :p

Hehe.. I remember that, didn't we accidentally throw a molo at you too?

Yep. :lol:

Although, to be fair, there was a tank next to me at the time. :blink:

I don't play it so often anymore, but I would love to if we get a little group going.

We really should do that as those were good times. :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot