Deus Ex 3

Humodour

I guess I am the only one saying "meh" at this?

I don't rate it even near DX:IW's intro (and yes, that includes the music)... and we all know how that game turned out to be.

What you don't like the epic music and the emotive, brilliant lines of dialogue ? :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nope. Just that this sort of pr hype isn't even worth my comenting on. It's just spam that has no relevance to how good (or bad) the game will end up being.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

faux edgy?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I don't rate it even near DX:IW's intro (and yes, that includes the music)... and we all know how that game turned out to be.

No, you are not. I just can't get over the horrible haircut.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I love when they do game remakes/updates/sequels and the developer clearly has no clue why people liked the game in the first place.

Well he did do Rainbow Six Vegas. :)

Too early, and too thin to say that about DX3, yet.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I love when they do game remakes/updates/sequels and the developer clearly has no clue why people liked the game in the first place.

Well he did do Rainbow Six Vegas. :)

Too early, and too thin to say that about DX3, yet.

Exactly. Its a non-in game trailer... its entire purpose is to generate buzz. Which its doing looking at this thread if you liked it or not your discussing it. So as far as they are concerned mission accomplished.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

DNF's marketing succeeded greatly then.

Edited by Malcador

DNF's marketing succeeded greatly then.

Who hasn't heard of DNF at this point?

Exactly.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

• 4 weeks later...

Is leaning in?

Exactly. Its a non-in game trailer... its entire purpose is to generate buzz. Which its doing looking at this thread if you liked it or not your discussing it. So as far as they are concerned mission accomplished.

Why 'This is the New ****' was a great trailer.

English version

Loving everything I'm seeing. No idea what the hell is going on, but it just looks good.

Nice.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

"We must respect the original" - Deus Ex 3 devs

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=269503

Good article, worth reading.

Here I was expecting them to say the original was meaningless and they spit on it.

Edited by Malcador

Here I was expecting them to say the original was meaningless and they spit on it.

Would probably be a more honest reply.

Would probably be a more honest reply.

Then they probably wouldn't go the extra mile of, say, getting Sheldon Pacotti to sign off on the story etc.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I see no reason to start hating on this without more actual gameplay footage to watch...

In fact, I'm really interesting in getting hold of it to see what the police station is like myself.. >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Then they probably wouldn't go the extra mile of, say, getting Sheldon Pacotti to sign off on the story etc.

They are trying to butter up the "old" fans, got Spector onside too. But still useless to say you'll be doing X when the alternative is just stupid to do.

Also, never too early to hate on a game. Best course is to hate anything up until you get decent feedback to the contrary :thumbsup:

Level scaling ? **** yes!

Interesting that he says "how you level up", so your opponents match your chosen specialty or something along those lines ?

Edited by Gorth
Language

It's not an open world game, so chances are people won't actually notice it.

Probably true. Though I really dislike level-scaling in an crpg, if it's a pretty linear crpg than scaling is less of an issue.

That being said, level-scaling is never a good sign.

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

I'm a big proponent of heavy thematics and imagery and they love pushing it in their trailers. I can't help but be excited for it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."