Companions

In Fallout New Vegas:

1-Will there be a Dog or Cat follower like Dogmeat? I hope so.

I also hope they let you sellect to make the dog be in stealth mode when you are. (ie - hidden.)

There also should be a way to make your dog live and run away before it dies to heal itself. Maybe make the dog more immortal. But puppies are also good as a perk.

2-Armour - will there be another talking armour suit like in Olney of FO3 and maybe be with cloaking/invisible ability when hidden??

Edited by AstroGazer

1- Cats are gone. They all went into soups after the war.

For animal companions, I would like them to be tagged "natural" by hostile npc's unless / untill your companion attacks. To be perfectlyy honest, I don't even want companions other than additions to my camp / base. In FPS games a companion needs to be heavyly scripted (like Alyx from HL2) to be enjoyable. In a sandbox games where everything is so fluid, most of the generic npc companions just become a nuisance.

(IF there was a possibility to command your companions in a tactical way, like it is done in Brothers in Arms games, then it could be feasible and good. But I don't think there is enough time to implement such a thing on top of all the other fixings Obsidian has to do to get a decent game.)

2- Power Armor with a (basic) sound feedback system? Why on earth would you want a whinning Betty? StealthBoys (Crappy US version of Chinese Stealth Tech) are supposed to be seperate units and the game supports weapon add-ons so it might be possible. OR at least moddable :)

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

The best thing about the Broken Steel DLC was that it made Dogmeat into a freaking engine of death. Watching him solo Overlords was awesome.

Realistic? No. Fun? Yes. Also, lovely not to have to worry about him.

Where's Dogmeat? Of he's around the corner wiping out a few supermutant masters. No problem. I'll just keep going he'll ctahc up when he's finished.

That was a nice change from the original version of Dogmeat in the vanilla FO3.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The best thing about the Broken Steel DLC was that it made Dogmeat into a freaking engine of death. Watching him solo Overlords was awesome.

Try killing Fawkes at level 30. He even survives a mininuke to the head.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Try killing Fawkes at level 30. He even survives a mininuke to the head.

spolier alert:

you mean that **** who refuses to operate the irradiated controls even though he is IMMUNE to radiation? I put every explosive I had under hime and blew him into a million pieces.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ambivalent about animal companions, it's turned into a crazy fad with every single damn game having a dog. To be frank they're actually a sub-par companion - they don't talk and as controllable companions (i.e. DA) they are less varied in what you can do with them. Dogmeat was cool but that was a cult result of the AI and it'd be nice to get over that now.

Maybe we could have some kind of uber-parakeet.

That way, it could talk to you during your travels, then go beserk in combat and claw the eyes out of Behmoths and deathclaws.

While taunting them. WIth coarse language.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Ambivalent about animal companions, it's turned into a crazy fad with every single damn game having a dog. To be frank they're actually a sub-par companion - they don't talk and as controllable companions (i.e. DA) they are less varied in what you can do with them. Dogmeat was cool but that was a cult result of the AI and it'd be nice to get over that now.

?? Why can't you make dogs talk. Maybe Doc modifies your dog with brain implant and makes your dog say a few comments while ripping something apart. :sorcerer:

(I still liked the wise cracking talking armour. The problem was - there was no built in stealth mode. I hate carrying staelth boys to load down my inventory.)

(By the way - I hope they have a SKELETON Key this time in the game for consoles. Sick and tired of lock picking.)

The best thing about the Broken Steel DLC was that it made Dogmeat into a freaking engine of death.
Dogmeat's crazy HPs was a bug with the scaling system, IIRC.

So, the best thing about Broken Steel is actually... a bug. :sorcerer:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Maybe we could have some kind of uber-parakeet.

That way, it could talk to you during your travels, then go beserk in combat and claw the eyes out of Behmoths and deathclaws.

While taunting them. WIth coarse language.

OMG, that's an AWESOME idea!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So, the best thing about Broken Steel is actually... a bug. :sorcerer:

That's somehow so utterly appropriate.

AI companions in your armour and weapons would be cool, plus a nod to Rogue Trooper. They could just provide cool commentary on the game, and interact to help you get perspectives on puzzles, grow exp. The best bit being they would require nothing besides the script.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

AI companions in your armour and weapons would be cool, plus a nod to Rogue Trooper. They could just provide cool commentary on the game, and interact to help you get perspectives on puzzles, grow exp. The best bit being they would require nothing besides the script.

===Great idea. Don't forget about finding a SKELETON Key for locks in the game. I hate lock picking after awhile.