Games you are looking forward to.

Darque

Looks like it takes a few liberties with the setting, but hey, it looks really cool. As long as we can accept it won't be Deus Ex 1 all over again (this will never happen), it should be fine. :)

EDIT: If Alexander Brandon isn't doing the soundtrack, this will NOT be fine.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

if the level design is half as good as deus ex 1 then I'll consider it a semi-victory even if the rest of the game is butt.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's Deus Ex in name only unless there are only two male character models - man with trenchcoat and man without.

People need to wait till they seem some ingame footage before they get their knickers in a knot. The game takes place when the world is in a better state than DX and features cities never seen in the original game.

This doesn't look to futuristic to me:

dx3n.jpg

As do I. I'm maybe paranoid, but the main character (frame 1) is looking somehow more "anime" than he used to. Square Enix involvement scary.

A 2027 setting would/could/should mix "futuristic" architecture with the decrepit ~collapse scenery of Deus Ex. Let's see how they handle it.

I don't see anything that makes him any more anime-ish than the drug dealer in the metro under Battery Park in DX 1.

Wasn't so much comparing to DX 1, but you got a point there.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It's Deus Ex in name only unless there are only two male character models - man with trenchcoat and man without.

People need to wait till they seem some ingame footage before they get their knickers in a knot. The game takes place when the world is in a better state than DX and features cities never seen in the original game.

This doesn't look to futuristic to me:

dx3n.jpg

I was just judging what the interviews + shots of the trailer showed me, nothing more.

Is that a screenshot of the game or pre-rendered?

I was just judging what the interviews + shots of the trailer showed me, nothing more.

My comment wasn't just directed at you, rather the overall reaction the internets seems to be having to the trailers.

Is that a screenshot of the game or pre-rendered?

Screenshot from a magazine.

I would like to say Tron Evolutions.. since I happen to love the old Tron film, and really enjoyed Tron 2.0 for the inherent fun geekness in it... but.. meh.. Tron Evolutions.. Not coming to a pc.

Is it just me or is that a wtf moment? A big Tron game.. and it's not going to be for the pc.... :)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I would like to say Tron Evolutions.. since I happen to love the old Tron film, and really enjoyed Tron 2.0 for the inherent fun geekness in it... but.. meh.. Tron Evolutions.. Not coming to a pc.

Is it just me or is that a wtf moment? A big Tron game.. and it's not going to be for the pc.... :)

Huh? Tron Evolution is coming to PC, too. Or did I miss something? Either way, I'll keep an eye on it. But looking at Propagandas track record (Turok), I'm not holding my breath...

As for Deus Ex. It's a new and unproven studio, so I'm neutral on that. But for some reason, I always have to think of Ubisoft Montreal when I read Eidos Montreal...

Official Website seems to indicate Tron Evolution is coming to PC.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hm, all the interviews and such have just been ps3 and xbox 360...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Fear3 is looking interesting. Apparently John Carpenter decided to help them out storywise.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The Last Guardian and Darksiders 2. I know, Darksiders was stupid and generic but I love it anyway.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

After hearing so many rumours concerning the remastered ICO/Shadow of the Colossus combo pack for the PlayStation 3 I'm going to add it to my "looking forward to" list of games. I have both games for the PS2, but Shadow of the Colossus was especially sluggish on the PS2 (but still one of the best games I have played ever) so I'd love to be able to play it in HD with all the graphic tweaks you can possibly add to it.

So, my current list goes something like this:

StarCraft II

Diablo III

World of WarCraft: Cataclysm

Fallout: New Vegas

ICO/Shadow of the Colossus remastered collection

The Last Guardian

Dust 514

Next Zelda game

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is now on my must-buy list due to that new trailer. Yeah, it's a CG trailer, but the atmosphere in it, if reflected in the game, is awesome, and what I want more of.
What he said.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is now on my must-buy list due to that new trailer. Yeah, it's a CG trailer, but the atmosphere in it, if reflected in the game, is awesome, and what I want more of.

While still not on the 'must buy list' I must admit it leveled up from 'cautious optimism' to 'optimism'.

:)

EDIT : Completely OT, but I noticed just now that both I and Morgoth have an avatar with EJ Olmos. With a mustache.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Deus Ex 3 looks great, I just don't like how it's all brown. Definitely going to check it out though.