What are you playing now?

Darque

Dawn of War 2 + Chaos Rising

Just beat them... I think they needed to have some sort of way to buy items otherwise you end up just locked into a particular setup (Particularly once you get termies). Although the dreadnaught with a machine gun just decimates anything coming at you so :(

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, Uncle Thule is kinda brutal. Then again, so is my melee Commander. :(

have you gotten him the chain gun? That sucker can mow down 5 squads at the same time.

I've never tried a ranged commander.

Adiosurf.

Sometimes it's a guaranteed ticket to an

I had no idea what the hell that guy was doing. Ninja Mono is the limit of my abilities. :(

The pickup one is my favourite. I'm just getting the hang of it.

I'm trying to find a copy of 'polka your eyes out' by Weird Al Yankovic to see how that runs.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I tried to replay Deus Ex from Steam, but the damn thing runs a million ticks per second on my Windows 7 rig. It's unplayable. My character runs like Usain Bolt everywhere, the water looks like it's boiling and the physics are all screwed up. Oh, and it cuts sentences in half because the dialogue timer runs much faster than the audio file for the speech. Great.

I've tried all the tricks (turning off energy saving features in the CPU, running on one core, enabling v-sync) but nothing helps. DAMNIT.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I tried to replay Deus Ex from Steam, but the damn thing runs a million ticks per second on my Windows 7 rig. It's unplayable. My character runs like Usain Bolt everywhere, the water looks like it's boiling and the physics are all screwed up. Oh, and it cuts sentences in half because the dialogue timer runs much faster than the audio file for the speech. Great.

I've tried all the tricks (turning off energy saving features in the CPU, running on one core, enabling v-sync) but nothing helps. DAMNIT.

Aren't there programs specifically designed to throttle your cpu's clock speed back for those sorts of problems that are free ware?

Yeah, Uncle Thule is kinda brutal. Then again, so is my melee Commander. :thumbsup:

have you gotten him the chain gun? That sucker can mow down 5 squads at the same time.

I've never tried a ranged commander.

I made a ranged guy but he's still lvl 2. He'll probably end up with a heavy flamer, it's just too awesome. :(

And yeah, I gave him a chaingun but right now he's got a sexy claw. Wanna try out the multi-melta too.

The chaingun is mainly for the special ability that fires in an arc literally DESTROYING anything attacking you (except vehicles). I tried meltas and claws but found that with my cmdr as melee the Dreadnaught did better with ranged. Of course Avitus with terminator armor and a vulcan cannon is just insanely good as well because he just starts shooting and bam he's got them suppressed for cyrus or somebody to annihilate.

For the most part I was running around with Cyrus, Avitus, Thule and meself to absolutely MURDER people.

Tarkus is good too, give him a flamer and get the 3-in-1 frag pack skill and he owns. Plus you can taunt melees away from cousin Avi. :thumbsup:

BTW the multi-melta has a sweeping ability too, what was that like?

Don't have this problem, thanks God, I would point you to the Steam forums solutions but I fear you already have exhausted almost all the solutions suggested there. It sucks. :thumbsup:

Still if you haven't try looking here.

Have you tried tinkering with the ini?

Yes. Not much to tinker with, to be honest.

Don't have this problem, thanks God, I would point you to the Steam forums solutions but I fear you already have exhausted almost all the solutions suggested there. It sucks. :lol:

Checked it out. Seems everyone in that thread using Windows 7 has the same problem as I and their fixes doesn't help either. I guess it's just another Windows 7 problem. Good old Windows 7..

Don't have this problem, thanks God, I would point you to the Steam forums solutions but I fear you already have exhausted almost all the solutions suggested there. It sucks. :lol:

Checked it out. Seems everyone in that thread using Windows 7 has the same problem as I and their fixes doesn't help either. I guess it's just another Windows 7 problem. Good old Windows 7..

Seems I'm the lucky guy then, since I have Windows 7 64.

It's so weird because it is locked at exactly 60 fps, and depending on how I turn my character, the game either runs superfast.. or slower than normal! Doesn't seem to be connected with the renderer. I tried using the OpenGL renderer (the new one someone made) but that only made all my menus disappear so now I can't even start a game.

Seems I'm the lucky guy then, since I have Windows 7 64.

Same here and I had no issue.

Dump your spec here if you could mkreku.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

It's so weird because it is locked at exactly 60 fps, and depending on how I turn my character, the game either runs superfast.. or slower than normal! Doesn't seem to be connected with the renderer. I tried using the OpenGL renderer (the new one someone made) but that only made all my menus disappear so now I can't even start a game.

That same problem sounds familiar from some XP rigs I've played it on. IIRC it's related to CPU throttling and/or multiple processor cores (the game detects the processor speed and adjusts accordingly on startup, but dynamically adjusting clock speed and/or multiple cores mess this up, making it play back at the wrong speed). Maybe there's a setting you missed somewhere?

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif