What are you playing now?

Darque

the xbox mobo loses contact with the gpu so you have to melt the solder balls that connect the two together. I also reapplied thermal paste between the cpu, gpu and heatsinc as the old paste was practicality gone when i checked it. (hey i've had this xbox for 4 years now)

the xbox mobo loses contact with the gpu so you have to melt the solder balls that connect the two together. I also reapplied thermal paste between the cpu, gpu and heatsinc as the old paste was practicality gone when i checked it. (hey i've had this xbox for 4 years now)

how did you melt the solder balls

what is a solder ball

where is the solder ball located

does any wiring have to be done

what is thermal paste

where does thermal paste go

why do you need thermal paste

THANKS!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Solder balls are balls of solder and you should be able to met them with a regular soldering iron. As for the other questions, I don't think you'd need to do any rewiring, although I might be wrong, and the thermal paste would go in-between components and their heatsinks. As far as why you need it, thermal paste acts as a conductor for the heat and helps vent it to your heatsink.

Anyways, I just picked up Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 off of Steam -it's on sale for $1.99- and so I'm playing around with that.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Also, addendum to my previous, when you make an account and start paying for it then your trial character stays. It's REALLY easy to make a lvl 1 and get it to 20 or so in WoW.

Okay, I got my full version.

Btw my trial character is lvl 20 :thumbsup: I'll upgrade that account cos I'm really attached to the char so far.

What I don't understand is the server name you gave me, its not on any of my lists? Is it a US server, cos the only ones I can access are EU servers?

@Deathdealer: I know. I'm too but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing else to play :x

You could always join us? Come on, the more the merrier...

Yeah, that's a American CST server... person you might want to Chat with is Kittou, i know he's one a server in the EU.

(special mounts etc)

Speaking of which, in a first for me, we downed Sartharion with all three drakes up and I won the Reigns of the Blake Drake. WooHoo.

Grats. Those things are hard to get, well, not the sarth kill (anymore) but he reigns. My shaman (my last alt in rotation... figures) got the proto drake from skadi in UP

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Also, addendum to my previous, when you make an account and start paying for it then your trial character stays. It's REALLY easy to make a lvl 1 and get it to 20 or so in WoW.

Btw my trial character is lvl 20 :p I'll upgrade that account cos I'm really attached to the char so far.

What I don't understand is the server name you gave me, its not on any of my lists? Is it a US server, cos the only ones I can access are EU servers?

@Deathdealer: I know. I'm too but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing else to play :lol:

And another one joins the zombie family :p welcome :D To bad you don't speak czech or slovak, else i would recommend you horde on Drak'Thul server, where my main is :p

working hard to get the 100 mount achievement atm :p currently on 91 :D

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I've been running through Borderlands the past couple days. My Soldier hit level 50 about an hour ago and I'm most of the way through the second playthrough. I'm just about to hit the Salt Flats to go kick Baron Flynt around. I finally managed to find some better equipment to replace the stuff I've been using since level 24. Good bye Tediore Genocide Cobra, hello Dahl Desert Stomper!

Btw my trial character is lvl 20 :lol: I'll upgrade that account cos I'm really attached to the char so far.

@Deathdealer: I know. I'm too but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing else to play :p

And another one joins the zombie family :p welcome :D To bad you don't speak czech or slovak, else i would recommend you horde on Drak'Thul server, where my main is :p

working hard to get the 100 mount achievement atm :p currently on 91 :D

Yeah, spreadsheet managment has never been so much fun :p

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Guest Slinky
@Deathdealer: I know. I'm too but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing else to play :shifty:

No thank you, MMO's really aren't my thing.

You better watch out, soon your nice signature might change to a colorful banner that states that you are level 60 snotgoblin, the archbugger of Azeroth.

@Deathdealer: I know. I'm too but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing else to play :lol:

You better watch out, soon your nice signature might change to a colorful banner that states that you are level 60 snotgoblin, the archbugger of Azeroth.

Come ooooon, yeah they suck - but with a nice crowd (yeah, I count as a crowd) it can be a lot of fun. Plus, its cheap now - 15 euros for retail + a month of game time. If you want to be really cheap, like me, you should get a trial first and level the char to lvl 20, to save yourself paying time:lol:

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

@Deathdealer: I know. I'm too but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing else to play :ermm:

Come ooooon, yeah they suck - but with a nice crowd (yeah, I count as a crowd) it can be a lot of fun. Plus, its cheap now - 15 euros for retail + a month of game time. If you want to be really cheap, like me, you should get a trial first and level the char to lvl 20, to save yourself paying time:lol:

To be fair, that's the base game. Once you hit sixty you gotta buy Burning Crusade for another 15 to get to 70, then drop another amount for Wrath of the Lich King to get to 80 and access those zones.

Heck it might even be worth starting with BC given the Dranei and Blood Elf starting zones are friggin awesome (and give really nice items when you reach the end of em).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The only MMO I ever tried was Age of Conan... it's the only one with interesting lore & setting. But I quit as soon as I had to download a few gigabytes of patches & updates. My internet doesn't have the powah for crap like that.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The only MMO I ever tried was Age of Conan... it's the only one with interesting lore & setting. But I quit as soon as I had to download a few gigabytes of patches & updates. My internet doesn't have the powah for crap like that.

My WoW installation took 5 hours. -_-

I was considering AoC as well but everyone said it sucked. I was alsto considering LotR online but I don't know anyone who plays it.

logosig2.jpg

@Deathdealer: I know. I'm too but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing else to play -_-

To be fair, that's the base game. Once you hit sixty you gotta buy Burning Crusade for another 15 to get to 70, then drop another amount for Wrath of the Lich King to get to 80 and access those zones.

Heck it might even be worth starting with BC given the Dranei and Blood Elf starting zones are friggin awesome (and give really nice items when you reach the end of em).

I consider BC acceptable since its effectively the cost of one months subscription, however I don't think I'll be buying Wrath at all unless it comes down to the same price. That way the whole package will be around 45 euros and 3 moths of gaming time which is way more time playing (and less money) then I spent on like the last 10 single player games put together.

logosig2.jpg

My WoW installation took 5 hours. -_-

I was considering AoC as well but everyone said it sucked. I was alsto considering LotR online but I don't know anyone who plays it.

Jerkface :wub:

AoC was fantastic for the first 20 levels, which was about a 15-20 hour experience. But it dropped off considerably after that. I still consider those first 20 levels worth the price of admission, as they captured the universe wonderfully and the story is as good as most single player RPG's.

There are three guys here who play LotR Online, me, Setzer, and one of the developers.

My WoW installation took 5 hours. :o

Jerkface :p

AoC was fantastic for the first 20 levels, which was about a 15-20 hour experience. But it dropped off considerably after that. I still consider those first 20 levels worth the price of admission, as they captured the universe wonderfully and the story is as good as most single player RPG's.

There are three guys here who play LotR Online, me, Setzer, and one of the developers.

I assumed the servers are split like in WoW and wrote you off. Correct me if I'm wrong? :p

logosig2.jpg

Splinter Cell: Conviction. I agree with the comparison to Arkham Asylum.

How is it?

I'm currently having a lot of fun freaking guys out as I pick them off one by one from the shadows.

It's still a stealth game, and while the series has changed it's not quite as different as people expected.

@Deathdealer: I know. I'm too but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing else to play :thumbsup:

I consider BC acceptable since its effectively the cost of one months subscription, however I don't think I'll be buying Wrath at all unless it comes down to the same price. That way the whole package will be around 45 euros and 3 moths of gaming time which is way more time playing (and less money) then I spent on like the last 10 single player games put together.

You dont get free month with buying expansions...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I assumed the servers are split like in WoW and wrote you off. Correct me if I'm wrong? -_-

I forgot about the Euro factor, that is an issue I believe.

EQ2 was the only game I remember being able to choose to play on the UK servers. But EQ2 is an insane game.

@Deathdealer: I know. I'm too but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing else to play -_-

You dont get free month with buying expansions...

Are you sure? I was pretty sure I saw it written on the box...

logosig2.jpg

Dragon Age: Awakenings, am about 50% of the way through. It's ok, but the story doesn't feel like an XP. I'm saying that in a good way, I prefer some of the Awakenings NPCs (well, Justice and Sigrun) to the originals.

As for WoW, never played it and never will but I loved the Mr T advertising campaign.

sonsofgygax.JPG