What are you playing now?

Darque

I never thought Kefka or Sephiroth were a women. Seifer never really struck me as effiminate either.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I admit that Shep was reaching for me. Also you mixed up Seed and SOLDIER. Anyway, Yes things were connected, but looking at VIII Everything kinda spirals out of the fact that you were chosen to assassinate a leader, and from that point on things get loopy to the point where a fan explanation is better than just taking it straight (the explanation of the rest of the game being Squall examining his life and the ending being hte last gasps of his mind before brain death). In VII you are a chosen one, in X I still argue that it's not so much a chosen one thing as the fact that Jecht accidentally fell through the world and ended up causing Tidus to be dragged kicking and screaming from the dream. IIRC the reason Tidus was yanked was because of Auron, although I'm not sure.

Eh...SeeD, Solder...its been quite a few years since I played FFVII... :p

VIII I always thought everything was manipulated by Ultimicia from the end of time - could be wrong though since like VII been years since I played it.

Tidus, I dunno his desire to get back at his dad...still I could be wrong.

I haven't really played many JRPG's other than FF (well, Suikoden V) so I can't really discuss that. Also, Sephiroth wasn't the one who chose Cloud to be the experimental subject, that was (I think) Hojo as Sephiroth was the one to impale Cloud causing him to be ripe for modification (as, for all intents and purposes, he was dead).

As to 13 vs previous, It certainly is a departure from the standards of the series. It plays more like one REALLY long dungeon than an open world game. It feels odd given you don't really see many signs of civilization beyond flashbacks where all the characters were living happily, and the first couple of areas. Once you get the ability to use magic (and have the combat system actually be more than "auto attack!") you don't really meet anything remotely close to a town (at least I haven't, but I'm not as far as some others on the board I'd bet).

Hmmm, I may have to poke around and read some reviews.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That said, I gave up on all three of those games after a few hours of gameplay.

So why do you even bother replying?

I have not played Drakensang, but both Risen and Two Worlds are great games. Risen is a much more difficult game than Two Worlds and both are kind of.. quirky, so they demand quite a bit from the player. You will never be handheld in these games. You will get lost, you will get killed and you will fail quests. If you can live with that (and a rather low level of game polish), I'd recommend them both. Especially since they ought to be cheap now.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That said, I gave up on all three of those games after a few hours of gameplay.

So why do you even bother replying?

I have not played Drakensang, but both Risen and Two Worlds are great games. Risen is a much more difficult game than Two Worlds and both are kind of.. quirky, so they demand quite a bit from the player. You will never be handheld in these games. You will get lost, you will get killed and you will fail quests. If you can live with that (and a rather low level of game polish), I'd recommend them both. Especially since they ought to be cheap now.

I haven't played Two Worlds (just seen it played by a friend of mine for.. like.. uhm.. I guess 2 minutes) but Risen seemed pretty polished to me. Not Bioware's level but except for a couple of dialogues with wrong names and a collision problem in a dungeon it ran almost flawlessly.

It also seems that they fixed these issues with the new patch.

Going back to the Drakensan/Risen/Two Worlds dilemma, I guess it depends on what kind of game you want to play.

Two Worlds seems more Oblivion-y with a much bigger world than Risen, lots and lots of objects (armor sets, swords) and things like that, don't quite know about the gameplay.

Risen is basically Gothic 2.5, its gameplay is a bit refined but otherwise almos identical to Gothic 1/2, the level of graphic detail is comparable to Gothic 3 which means a VERY nice world visually but... uhm.. 'wonky' characters.

Moving away a bit from this debate as someone who loved most of the FF series but has found himself slowly moved away from it (never played FFXII), is FFXIII worth returning to the series for? Was XII worth playing?

I played FFXIII for only 30 minutes or so, and i realy liked the combat system, so i think it is worth to give it a shot...

About FFXII... it's very hard to recommend or not... my first playthrough i was totaly disapointed and bored... 2 years after i played it for second time and my feeling about the game was totaly opposite... i realy do not know why... I just simply loved it... :blink:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'd like a new PC game, preferably a decent sandbox RPG. I'm torn between picking up Risen, Drakensang, or Two Worlds.

Divinity 2?

Is that really sandbox like? The reviews are a bit rough for it, too.

I actually played Gothic 3. It was a pretty interesting game, I got into it for awhile. I was playing it through Gametap, and they imploded before I got to play it much longer. I think I'll just pick up either TW or Risen based on which one I find first.

VIII I always thought everything was manipulated by Ultimicia from the end of time - could be wrong though since like VII been years since I played it.

You were manipulated from begining by Elone, and only because she wanted to force Laguna to stay with her mother, and make them not die this way... Which ended up impossible to her... Ultimecia was mentioned for the first time on DISC 3 AFAIK...

Trying to make sense of FFVIII will most likely end with you in the loony bin.

The dead Squall theory is great, though.

I'll try to figure it before the doctors realize i'm not in my cell :blink:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You were manipulated from begining by Elone, and only because she wanted to force Laguna to stay with her mother, and make them not die this way... Which ended up impossible to her... Ultimecia was mentioned for the first time on DISC 3 AFAIK...

But wasn't Ultimecia looking for Ellone because her power was necessary for Time Compression? And Ellone was at the orphanage run by Edea?

Dangit, my brain hurts. :blink:

played some drunken Rock Band last night

managed to get through guitar on medium without too much difficulty, and the singing wasn't too bad, but holy **** drumming is hard when you're drunk

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

But wasn't Ultimecia looking for Ellone because her power was necessary for Time Compression? And Ellone was at the orphanage run by Edea?

Dangit, my brain hurts. :thumbsup:

Yes Ultimecia was looking for her, and yes she was at the orphanage, but for the 1st time player is noticed about ultimecia is when you for the first time visit White SeeD ship, and IIRC that is on Disc 3, before that not even Elone knows about Ultimecia ;)

Trying to make sense of FFVIII will most likely end with you in the loony bin.

The dead Squall theory is great, though.

Wow, he's basically saying 'The story doesn't seem to make any sense, so I'll overanalyze and come up with something 10 times better than Squaresoft's plot'.

And dammit, he delivers.

Maybe someone needs to start the FFVIII thread. Figuring it out can't be harder than the Da Vinci code.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Guest Slinky

I've been thinkin about playing through the entire Baldur's Gate saga. I'm just not sure how much I will like BG1, never played that one. And knowing how massive BGII + ToB alone is, I'm kinda scared.

I've been thinkin about playing through the entire Baldur's Gate saga. I'm just not sure how much I will like BG1, never played that one. And knowing how massive BGII + ToB alone is, I'm kinda scared.

I restarted BG a bit ago... finally reached the city of Baldur's Gate and just haven't been able to get back into it to actually progress beyond that point.. Going to have to sit down and make a firm attempt at it again..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm just not sure how much I will like BG1, never played that one.

It's awesome. No romances, no playing psychiatrist for party members, just plain old buttkickin' for goodness. Also downside is absolutely horrible pathfinding.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I restarted BG a bit ago... finally reached the city of Baldur's Gate and just haven't been able to get back into it to actually progress beyond that point.. Going to have to sit down and make a firm attempt at it again..

Having a map of BG with all the houses marked with tags makes it easier.

GoW3. Its epic. Next up are Heart Gold, and finishing FF13.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I finished God of War III yesterday. Even though it doesn't exactly do anything new in terms of gameplay it's still a great game no PlayStation 3 owner should miss out on. It's epic from start to finish, the voice acting is great, the graphics are amazing, some of the boss fights are some of the most memorable boss fights ever, and it can give even the most elite gamer a hard time at the higher difficulties. Going to give it a few days rest before I step up the difficulty.

Now that I have purchased Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, I think I'll play DAO next. I didn't finish it yet. :thumbsup: