Bethesda Forums

AlphaDog

Sorry, the forums are temporarily closed.

We had to take the forums down while we move stuff around. Now would be a great time to read a book, play some video games, or go outside for a stroll. We hope to have the forums up as soon as possible and appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

The ZeniMax IT Team

Self-explanatory, I guess.

Sorry, the forums are temporarily closed.

We had to take the forums down while we move stuff around. Now would be a great time to read a book, play some video games, or go outside for a stroll. We hope to have the forums up as soon as possible and appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

The ZeniMax IT Team

Self-explanatory, I guess.

I was asking if anyone knew exactly what was going on. I mean, I figured that was just PR. I used to be admin over a few forums and I know it doesn't take 2 days to redesign a forum layout if that's all they were doing. Maybe they're changing servers or something?

Who knows, maybe "move stuff around" means moving stuff around sometimes? o:)

Community forums are often a service provided by a company, not a business critical feature. I.e. they will get them back up when they get them back up.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Who knows, maybe "move stuff around" means moving stuff around sometimes? :lol:

Community forums are often a service provided by a company, not a business critical feature. I.e. they will get them back up when they get them back up.

I don't think the OP was criticizing Bethesda or anyone , or making any demands as though its a service he is entitled to. He was just curious about what is going on. I am curious about what is going on, too.

I want the 30 seconds of my life I spent reading this thread back.

Certainly. They are on my desk, waiting for you.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This has happened a few times in the past (that I remember), but not often... and I must admit that I'm a little curious as well, since I was not on the threads when they went down.

More than once, I was tempted to ask Matt directly ~but then remembered I've got a life.... Time is better spent finishing my FO3 mods. :p

Edited by Gizmo

Maybe the devs rebelled against having to use that Gamebryo POS and ddos'd them...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Bethesda looks around the office and sees big pinned up 'dialogue' scripts

Dev says to other dev: "Hans... are we the baddies?"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't think the OP was criticizing Bethesda or anyone , or making any demands as though its a service he is entitled to. He was just curious about what is going on. I am curious about what is going on, too.

Not saying he was. He wondered why it took so long. Came up with one possibility (among several) :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Great. Talk about forums on the forums. And now I'm talking on the forums about the forums talk on the forums.

Oh, shi-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

With things back to what passes for normal, this thread is virtually closed...

:(