Just found out about the game

Hey Everyone,

First post here and I just found out about the game yesterday as I was searching the marketplace on my xbox. I downloaded all 9 videos that it had and watched them all and it looks badass, but I was a little concerned with some of the stuff...

1.) graphics are a little iffy. Which understandable because they put their time into other fields, but if then gameplay lacks then it's going to double suck.

2.) Reticule for the weapons. It looks very bad, I have to say. I hate the games that use the big circle aiming because it doesn't make me feel as precise and is very obtrusive and not cool for headshots and is usually associated with games with bad aiming weapon handling...

3.) Not open world??? How can you make an rpg and not have it be open world?? I understand he is a spy and he's not supposed to mingle and walk around, but come on! Kinda lame if I do say so...

Anybody want to explain why this game is still a "must-buy" rather than a "play-at-my-friends-house" type of game?

To hell with open worlds. Long live to BALDUR'S GATE II, Dragon Age, The Witcher !!!!!!!!!

Yes, I hate games like Oblivion. :thumbsup:

And Torment, Icewind Dale(s) and KotOR II, for BIS/Obsidian takes on linear game worlds. It's a strength of theirs, and the stories of these games certainly benefit.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Not to forget the classic fps / rpg that was Deus Ex.. open worlds don't always flow well. A series of "hubs" that are fairly open-ended can work very nicely for the story side of things.. Especially if you can bounce back and forth from hub to hub, returning to ones you've visited and have all those consequences change elements....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Dude, don't ask someone else why you should get this game. If you want it and you like what you see, then get it!

It's simple as that. Simple.........as...........that! :thumbsup:

Alpha Protocol = Best game ever created!!! EVER!!!

Can't wait!!! :D

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

open world RPG games always comes with stupid story, lackluster animations, high requirements (pc), a lots of bugs, horrible combat mechanics, and so much more. Besides, what the hell are you going to do in this open world as a spy? When everything can be done via safe house. This is not GTA or Fallout 3, it just isn't that type of game.

But I do agree with the first 2 points, the reticule is bad looking, I rather have the old but always gd counter strike kinda of cursor.

Man you guys really get riled up.

It's fair to say the graphics don't look as top notch and the reticles are pretty damn big in some situations. We'll just have to see if the variety of art direction and gameplay make up for it.

As for open world, I don't think it's such a big deal now because so many games are open world. It would be fun, but I don't think it would really add a lot. I mean, it's not like you can have 'filler combat' or dungeons, anyway.

As for open world, I don't think it's such a big deal now because so many games are open world. It would be fun, but I don't think it would really add a lot. I mean, it's not like you can have 'filler combat' or dungeons, anyway.

We could have randomly generated sewers with rats and terrorists to bash :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

How exactly would "open-world" work when the world in question is modern-day Earth? That's a heckuva huge amount of stuff to model, populate, etc. And since most of the game occurs in only a few cities, there wouldn't be anything to do between Paris and Moscw other than walk...

But I do agree with the first 2 points, the reticule is bad looking, I rather have the old but always gd counter strike kinda of cursor.

The reticule is based off of how much skill you have in the gun. For example, as you level up in pistols your reticule will shrink till you have pretty much pinpoint accuracy.

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

The reticule is based off of how much skill you have in the gun. For example, as you level up in pistols your reticule will shrink till you have pretty much pinpoint accuracy.

thought that would be pretty obvious for an RPG.. so it never bothered me

Not 100% sure, but most of the complaints I read were about the aestethic of the reticule, not it's MO. That's how I understood them at least.

That makes perfect sense! I love this game even more.... :(

Alpha Protocol = Best game ever created!!! EVER!!!

Can't wait!!! :D

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!