Game Crazy pre-order "Stealth Pack" cancelled

I was told when I called to preorder this game from my local Game Crazy that the publisher cancelled the preorder for Game Crazy, the "Stealth Pack". He said he didn't have much information other than that their daily morning messages mentioned something about it a couple days ago and that the only store with a preorder bonus is Game Stop. Is this true? I was specifically looking to get the "Stealth Pack" over the "Assault Pack". Thanks for any information.

**edit** Game Crazy Website has been changed to reflect no preorder bonus information **

http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?ID=13878

Boo. I am not a happy panda.

Edited by unrequited

-Unrequited

• 2 weeks later...

I never bothered to download the bonus that came with my amazon order of ME2. Games are balanced to be played without bonus items-- if anything, they tend to mess up the intended challenge that a game provides. (Example: the "The Edge" dagger that DL'ed automatically to all DA:O players who bought by a certain date-- design a rogue who can use it at an early level, and the early phases become remarkable easy.)

• 2 weeks later...
I never bothered to download the bonus that came with my amazon order of ME2. Games are balanced to be played without bonus items-- if anything, they tend to mess up the intended challenge that a game provides. (Example: the "The Edge" dagger that DL'ed automatically to all DA:O players who bought by a certain date-- design a rogue who can use it at an early level, and the early phases become remarkable easy.)

Debate aside, it influences my decision on where to buy a game especially if the bonuses are different. Official devs have any other info please?

-Unrequited

Debate aside, it influences my decision on where to buy a game especially if the bonuses are different. Official devs have any other info please?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm told by Sega that anyone interested in the Stealth Weapons pre-order Pack should inquire at your local Best Buy. Sorry for any inconvenience this might've caused for you; these pre-order packs are not really something we as a developer deal with (aside from creating the content, of course).

Matthew Rorie

I... don't think we have Best Buy in the UK... at least i've never seen one. But then I have to drive 60 miles to find my nearest Game shop too. Anyway... i've pre-ordered from Amazon... long long ago, i think before Christmas!

I haven't looked to see if they have any pre-order bonus.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm told by Sega that anyone interested in the Stealth Weapons pre-order Pack should inquire at your local Best Buy. Sorry for any inconvenience this might've caused for you; these pre-order packs are not really something we as a developer deal with (aside from creating the content, of course).

Thank you very much. I don't see any information on Best Buy's website regarding a preorder, but I'll check with my local BestBuy tomorrow to ask.

-Unrequited

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much. I don't see any information on Best Buy's website regarding a preorder, but I'll check with my local BestBuy tomorrow to ask.

They had no information about any pre-order bonuses. Matthew, is this a definite from Sega or a "might happen"?

-Unrequited

Matthew has just left the company so you might be waiting a little bit for your answer - an email to Sega, in fact, might be your best bet. It's likely that the preorder bonuses have not yet been organised, or not yet in your part of town... happens a lot with preorders and CE, really.

Matthew has just left the company so you might be waiting a little bit for your answer - an email to Sega, in fact, might be your best bet. It's likely that the preorder bonuses have not yet been organised, or not yet in your part of town... happens a lot with preorders and CE, really.

Thanks for the heads up, I just read the other thread in the main forum about him leaving... I emailed Sega directly, but no dice. You'd think since the code's in the game, they'd take advantage of it, but I have yet to read anything substantial, and my local Best Buy has no clue what's going on. Usually with preorder's, the bonus items are settled MONTHS in advance, and here we are sitting with 7 weeks left to go. Booo.

-Unrequited

Just called Best Buy corporate and they have no information in their computers about any preorder bonus, digital or otherwise.

This sounds odd. As you stated before, the code is there, why not use it? It seems like the ball has been dropped if the stealth pack is lost. But at last notice Gamestop still has their bonus (the assault pack), I just got a card telling me to preorder and the bonuses were there.

Best Buy doesn't tend to keep up with minutiae like pre-order bonuses. Chances are if Sega confirms that the stealth pack will be in it at Best Buy, then all copies shipped to Best Buy will just have the card in it.

Of course, Sega seems to be having a few issues on the publisher side, so I wouldn't hold my breath for anything at this point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And apparently Amazon have a pre-order bonus now.. .

But it's nothing that will actually effect in-game play apparently. Just a 24 page "Field Guide" that provides hints, tips and advice on the weapons, skills and abilities of AP....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."