RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Calax

Total War counter now at 1824. They're playing games with us. They probably go back into the 16th century for a Shogun remake.

Oh god I hope so!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just post fr the wargamers, Hoi3 and EU3 as a bundle are half off on steam (at 30 bucks) for both apple and PC platforms.

I'm pretty sure noone but me cares, but:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/27/new-driv...softs-e3-booth/

A new Driver game is on its way! It's basically open-world racing with missions and really cool cars. I loved the original Driver, missed Driver 2 (due to it only appearing on consoles), couldn't play Driver 3 because of all the bugs and loved Driver: Parallel Lines. I'm glad they haven't given up on the franchise.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

A new Driver game is on its way! It's basically open-world racing with missions and really cool cars. I loved the original Driver, missed Driver 2 (due to it only appearing on consoles), couldn't play Driver 3 because of all the bugs and loved Driver: Parallel Lines. I'm glad they haven't given up on the franchise.

I remember playing the first (or second?) Driven, and for some reason they billed it as a GTA-clone or something. Didn't look like that to me. Whatever, color me interested.

Driver was awesome fun, when it was released, but Ubi can stick it up in their ass with their uber-retarded DRM... :x

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

http://kotaku.com/5549865/china-rips-off-t...d-with-the-iped

Looks like all that china manufacturing is creating competitors for Apple etc. A Chinese company rolled out with the "Iped" a tiny bit heavier than the Ipad and using slightly different parts/software, it's a complete knockoff.

Medieval Japan and more mandatory Steam nonsense? No thanks.

Never played Empires and I was a complete TW addict. I'd like to see them step up to the plate and make an early 20th century-into-WW1 game with cavalry, trench warfare, artillery silliness, very fragile airplanes, prototype tanks, conscription as a resource and all the rest of it. The visceral juxtaposition of 19th century infantry tactics with modern mechanised warfare. The ability to win WW1 then crush Russia or vice versa (how cool would it be to manage, as a Russian faction leader, 1917 and see which way it rolls, or as an enemy take out Lenin or inject him into the enemy?). anarchists and commies would replace priest agents, spreading ideology and causing unrest.

This grognard says move the franchise forward, be exciting, amaze us. Don't re-hash an old game, they did that with M:TW2 and although it's fantastic doing it again is a bit... meh.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

To make a WW1 TW game happen, they'd have to change the complete TW formula, which personally I think is really about time...

Hard part would be air combat.

I think Shogun needed an update, or at least Asia needed to be revisited.

Monte, you probably wouldn't like Empire. The actual battles got heavily simplified (line infantry spam + cannons = win), the campaign map had a few differences, but overall it seemed to loose something. Probably because Fortresses weren't as prevalent as previously, so taking a town seemed to amount more to "kill all the guys in there in a normal fight" than a siege.

Interesting. I've always assumed that Bio would tackle a Mass Effect MMORPG when the current trilogy and TOR are out of the way, but that post doesn't necessarily indicate a MMORPG. Mebbe somekind of campaign co-op play? *shiver*

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Relatively new preview of Arcania: Gothic 4

http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1090936p1.html

It doesn't sound like a game I'm going to enjoy the way I enjoyed the harsh Gothic games of past, but it'll still be interesting to me, if only because of the open world, Gothic setting and RPG mechanics.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I never found any of the Drakensang games appealing. They're so old school in a bad sense.

I only played Drakensang's demo, but it seemed to me like the art direction was painfully bad, controls and graphics better than NWN2, and the combat system felt about as stale, without any info or tip inside the game to understand how it worked.

I also heard that the sequel is much better however.

TOTAL WAR NEWZ!

It's shogun 2, but in order to compensate for the comparative size of japan to europe, they're setting it up so that you're running around as a bit of the merc

http://kotaku.com/5554041/new-total-war-co...-for-the-orient

Also, I think the dude stabbing the map in that is from Takeda given the clan symbol in the backround.